Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Nash & Fox contracts expired and let go.

"Neil Adams confirms that David Fox and Carlo Nash have come to the end of their contracts and will leave the Club.

The Club would like to thank them for their services and wish them luck in the future."

I wonder who made this decision given Adams has only had the job a few hours - sounds to me like he''s been in the hot seat a number of days already. I''m guessing we''re possibly keeping Surman then...

Forgot Surmans got a year to run, but just wondering who decided not to offer Fox and Nash new contracts - surely Adams didn''t move that swiftly?

Adams knows the Squad, and his brain has probably been in overdrive the last few weeks based on the fact that he was in the running for the job. He has a decent start over any external candidate and I expect he already has a good idea of who he can do without and who he would like to bring in.

Go on guys, here''s your chance to have another go a the board, Fox -that ultimate passer of the ball and Nash who almost won player of the season !  

I''d rather Rudd got another years loan with the option to recall, he''s developing into quite a player and sitting on the bench for a season is going to stunt that.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Could also mean Ruddy leaving.

(Bunn staying, no news on that).

Bunn + Rudd, our goalkeepers?
[/quote]

Yes, obviously the fact that we''ve let go our 3rd choice goalkeeper must also mean that our first choice goalkeeper could be leaving too. 

You couldn''t make it up...

The fact that we look to be retaining Mark Bunn despite Rudd coming back means that we may need Bunn and Rudd because Ruddy is leaving?Not sure if you misread or are a little dim, but keeping Ruddy, Bunn and Rudd is unlikely.

[quote user="Alex "]Forgot Surmans got a year to run, but just wondering who decided not to offer Fox and Nash new contracts - surely Adams didn''t move that swiftly?[/quote]

Well Nash was never going to get one was he? We''ve got Ruddy, Rudd and Bunn.

And Fox quite probably didn''t want to stay. Even under a new manager. And Adams, he was probably planning on staying on at the club anyway and between him and McNally decided to let these two go straight away so they can go find something else. Plus Adams wasn''t just offered the job yesterday out of the blue, quite plausible he''s been aware he''s the backup plan since day one.