Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

The cycle of change - K̈übler Ross transition curve

Just thought I would share this....

The hours since 7pm last night have provided a fantastic insight into the psychology and cycle of how individuals manage the introduction of change / new forced situations.

There''s a bloke called K̈übler Ross who developed a stages model to map the stages of grief and despair. It fits in with the Adams appointment brilliantly and is a nice case study.

•Denial – a conscious or unconscious refusal to face the facts relating to the situation concerned… saying this isn’t really happening.

•Anger – which can manifest itself in different ways.Individuals could be angry at authority figures, or even at themselves, for feeling this way.

•Bargaining – where an individual will look for a compromise, for example, “if we relocate what will I get in return?”

•Depression – moving towards acceptance of the change, because they know it is going to happen but feel sad about it.

•Acceptance – where the change becomes the norm. They have accepted it and have moved on.

Reading through a timeline of posts up to now it clear to see the cycle in action. My bet, is over the next few weeks we''ll see the cycle progress and those currently expressing denial, anger will start to express bargaining characteristics etc.

Of course a model like the one above doesn''t count for you Wiz. Those with multiple personalities clearly exhibit signs of severe mental retardation and wouldn''t fit in?

[quote user="Brightside"]Of course a model like the one above doesn''t count for you Wiz. Those with multiple personalities clearly exhibit signs of severe mental retardation and wouldn''t fit in?[/quote]

This guy is no Binner. Brightside use of diaeresis on a keyboard is a skill sadly most of us dont have. Binners can hardly right (sic) there (sic) name .

I think however that If Wazzy was to be Wiz in another incarnation , he might be a bit more creative in the moniker stakes