Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Well done Neil Adams

[quote user="Jenkins"]Exciting times ahead![/quote]

Exactly, and I''ve not felt that way for almost two seasons.

I am really dissappointed as I wanted someone famous to guarantee succes even if they had been sacked by other teams for failing to find success.

Otherwise I wanted someone who had managed a big team in a poor league who had something to prove to teams that don''t include usand who wants to be somewhere else.

The last thing I wanted was a Norwich City man who has a good reputation for his attacking coaching side and total loyalty to our club.

What makes it worse is that he knows the squad and youth set up.

There is no way that someone that we are familiar with could be as good or heaven forbid better than a famous name that has been sacked.

Of course all proper supporters will back Adams, and I wish him well.

There are several questions that need answering - the main one for me is who his support staff are, there is a definite need to have good and relevant experience. It will also be interesting to see we do with all the inevitable ins and outs this close-season. Only time will tell on that one, hopefully he can hit the ground running and keep our better players here for the coming season.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]I am really dissappointed as I wanted someone famous to guarantee succes even if they had been sacked by other teams for failing to find success.

Otherwise I wanted someone who had managed a big team in a poor league who had something to prove to teams that don''t include usand who wants to be somewhere else.

The last thing I wanted was a Norwich City man who has a good reputation for his attacking coaching side and total loyalty to our club.

There is no way that someone that we are familiar with could be as good or heaven forbid better than a famous name that has been sacked.[/quote][:D]

Have to sell well done to Neil Adams on hi remarkable performance in the boardroom.For someone that coached our youth team to the lowest regions of their league over the last 2 seasons to then bluff his way first to caretaker manager of a Premier League club and then get a 3 year deal at a Championship club is a great achievement.Stats for youth team 2011/12 and 2012/3Played 54Won 15Drew 7Lost 32Stats for caretaker managerPlayed 5Won 0Drew 1Lost 4

[quote user="the bristol nest"]I am really dissappointed as I wanted someone famous to guarantee succes even if they had been sacked by other teams for failing to find success.

There is no way that someone that we are familiar with could be as good or heaven forbid better than a famous name that has been sacked.[/quote]

Precisely. Good luck Neil. We all have to start somewhere. We all wish for better opportunities You''ve been given your chance now prove the doubters wrong!

I would have been underwhelmed by Lennon or Malky.

With Adams I''m quietly optimistic, maybe Zola or Garcia would have brought more experience, but if the Board believe Neil is the right man to do the job, with the right team around him, I look forward to seeing what he produces.

I hope now some people have got over the shock they will now also join me in wishing Neil all the best. Good times ahead methinks.