Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Well done Neil Adams

A good appointment IMO as he will play the ''Norwich way''.

Get ready for a promotion run next season and entertaining football for a change. OTBC !!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am seriously underwhelmed but hope Neil Adams can prove himself.

Why the delay in appointing him though?[/quote]

Lennon turned us down IMO.

At a decent guess because Lennon, Malky and Sherwood turned us down.Small thinking decision by a small thinking board.If anyone thinks our youth squad are going to get us back in the Premier League they are sadly deluded.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I am seriously underwhelmed but hope Neil Adams can prove himself.

Why the delay in appointing him though?[/quote]
The board made this clear didn''t they?
They had a list of candidates, of which Adams was one, and proceeded to interview and assess every candidate on that list in order to find the ''best'' option. The board have obviously come to the conclusion, after more than a week and a half''s deliberation, that Adams is the man best suited to the club.
Now, whether that was the right conclusion to draw is a completely different matter....

whoareyou? wrote the following post at 22/05/2014 7:40 PM:

At a decent guess because Lennon, Malky and Sherwood turned us down.

Small thinking decision by a small thinking board.

Or perhaps having gone through the process they have decided he is the right man

There may well be a surprise on the DOF, stop whinging and see what the total package will be,

The only thing I would add to this is that Neil Adams is VERY highly regarded within coaching circles. His clear strength is working with the team and putting them into a system that will get the best out of them. Adams, with a full off-season to prepare, isn''t necessarily the worst decision to make from a pure coaching perspective.
The biggest concern will be the transfer market and in controlling the amount of player who go and bringing in suitable replacements. The most important decsions the board will make now will be their who their new technical director and director of footballing recruitment will be (I don''t think Ewan Chester will be staying). Those 2 appointments will be crucial to any success Adams and the club is going to have. 

Phillip J Fry wrote the following post at 22/05/2014 8:00 PM:

The only thing I would add to this is that Neil Adams is VERY highly regarded within coaching circles. His clear strength is working with the team and putting them into a system that will get the best out of them. Adams, with a full off-season to prepare, isn''t necessarily the worst decision to make from a pure coaching perspective.

The biggest concern will be the transfer market and in controlling the amount of player who go and bringing in suitable replacements. The most important decsions the board will make now will be their who their new technical director and director of footballing recruitment will be (I don''t think Ewan Chester will be staying). Those 2 appointments will be crucial to any success Adams and the club is going to have.

Agreed, we could be looking at a very exciting management group.

Excitement at last. I''d almost forgotten what it was with regard to my beloved club !!!!

Instant reaction: Pretty underwhelmed.

Reaction given time to think: No reason to automatically assume this is a bad move.

Reaction now: Let''s wait and see who this much-vaunted technical director is before wholeheartedly forming opinions.

Keep this positive thread at the top of the list !

Well done Neil. Here''s hoping to see you lift another trophy for our club !

OTBC

Gutted by this appointment, the only logical explanation for the delay in naming the new manager is that Adams was not first choice. My concern is that players that may have stayed will now leave. Prudence seems to have taken over from ambition. I really hope I am wrong but I only see years of lowe league football ahead......

Well done Paul Moy for posting something positive amongst a sea of total over reaction and almost embarrassing posts. Sure, I like many, am disappointed and under whelmed (under statement) and really feel this is a high risk appointment, certainly not a safe one. BUT, I really see no need for some of the comments on this board right now, some of our so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves. We should now all wait to see what other management appointments are made, which players leave, which players we sign and how the new season is set up before jumping on the negative band wagon...........................oh, and I am still wondering where all the pro Neil Adams have gone? There were many of them on here when he was appointed initially.........   

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]

Gutted by this appointment, the only logical explanation for the delay in naming the new manager is that Adams was not first choice. My concern is that players that may have stayed will now leave. Prudence seems to have taken over from ambition. I really hope I am wrong but I only see years of lower league football ahead......

[/quote]

On the contrary, our talisman and Captain left under Hughton, I believe because the football was awful, so Neil''s methods may well keep our forwards rather than losing them.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Well done Paul Moy for posting something positive amongst a sea of total over reaction and almost embarrassing posts. Sure, I like many, am disappointed and under whelmed (under statement) and really feel this is a high risk appointment, certainly not a safe one. BUT, I really see no need for some of the comments on this board right now, some of our so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves. We should now all wait to see what other management appointments are made, which players leave, which players we sign and how the new season is set up before jumping on the negative band wagon...........................oh, and I am still wondering where all the pro Neil Adams have gone? There were many of them on here when he was appointed initially.........   [/quote]

Some people are just not happy unless they are unhappy.....

Whilst being underwhelmed by this appointment I seem to remember a similar response from fans when Mike Walker was appointed. Who knows if Adams will be another Walker or another Deehan.

At this stage we need to get by Adams & support our team.

Well, I was underwhelmed by the appointment of Hughton and was in a clear minority so being in a clear minority again for other reasons may be a good omen !!!

I know that Adams has only just started first team management, but we can''t believe that he is going to turn out just like Gunn. When Adams started the squad performance rose, and we just have to wait and see who stays and how we do next season

While I think its the wrong appointment for this situation, he has my full backing. Its not his fault he''s been appointed and so no ire should be directed his way imo.It is however pretty bloody mental that we''ve done this, if it doesn''t work out things are not going to be pretty.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Well done Paul Moy for posting something positive amongst a sea of total over reaction and almost embarrassing posts. Sure, I like many, am disappointed and under whelmed (under statement) and really feel this is a high risk appointment, certainly not a safe one. BUT, I really see no need for some of the comments on this board right now, some of our so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves. We should now all wait to see what other management appointments are made, which players leave, which players we sign and how the new season is set up before jumping on the negative band wagon...........................oh, and I am still wondering where all the pro Neil Adams have gone? There were many of them on here when he was appointed initially.........   [/quote]Agree with this and a pleasant change from all the foaming at the mouth on other threads.Yes, many of us wanted a '' name '' manager over Adams but every appointment is a risk and he may do better than many are predicting ( or in many cases hoping ). It does seem odd that it took so long to make the announcement but there''s probably a lot more going on behind the scenes than we realise.I''m pretty certain Adams wasn''t the Board''s first choice but sometimes things don''t go the way you hoped. I''m also pretty certain that the Board won''t sit on their hands like they did with previous managers if he doesn''t make a solid start to his tenure.

Neil Adams showed few signs he will play ''exciting football''. He even played the zero striker formation in a must win game.

Not that I care, results are what counts.

I hope he does well and not follow the record of our most recent first time managers: Gunn, Grant, Megson and Deehan.