Sign in to follow this  
H4H

No experience in the transfer mkt...

My man concern with NA being appointed as manager is his ability to a) keep hold of the players that want to leave and b) his ability and experience to attract new, exciting players to the club.

I think his tactual awareness and man-management is as good as any of the other candidates on the short list, however, but I do worry if an exodus of players want to leave that we won''t be able to replace them.

Very well put - I share all these concerns, lets hope we dont have to pay over the odds to compensate or that we miss out on top targets to rivals

Time will tell

The vultures are probably already cicling over our few gems - lets see if Adams can fight them off

Think about how a football club works, you''ve got the board/McNally who deal with the transfers, you have coaches, scouts and numerous other backroom staff that help identify the needs of the team, and researches the players available to fill those gaps.

It''s not Adams sat with keyboard and mouse on Football Manager, instead it''s a professional, unified process. He''s inheriting a strong squad for the championship, and he has a decent scattering of talent in youth - I believe his success will be decided on how he manages our current resources.

So Transfer market really not a concern with me. Existing issues, players who may want out is a bigger concern. But i think he mainly has the respect of the players - we shall find out soon enough!

Absolutely spot on Mr skipants It can be quite shocking to read the guff spouted by someit is as you say " a professional, unified process"

malky and hoots had experience in the transfer market and they wasted money in it as well as bought well how do we know neil might be planning on signing some youth players he saw a couple of years ago playing for other teams ?

he might know first team players playing at other clubs as well as other managers but that is what scouts are for but I bet neil knows  great youth prospects / under 21 players better than most managers he will unearth some talent I am sure !

Malky would have wanted to spend, Lennon does not know the English market and would want to buy success as well. McNally knows who we need and so does Adams. They also know what we have already got.

Not sure what you mean by "no experience in the transfer market". I presume you mean "no experience in judging the qualities of a potential signing". The actual negotiations are done by McN, although the manager will meet and discuss with the player.

If this is the case, then surely he will have others to advise him - chief scout, assistant managers, director of football, etc. Once a potential signing is identified, and agrees to come to look, then the manager will perhaps need to persuade. I would have thought that he is articulate, fiercely ambitious for the club and clear in his thinking. I can''t see that he will suffer in these respects.

my thoughts as well I think adams will be quite good in the transfer market he will know that 22 year old who isn''t getting played in the premiership and snap him up excited to be looking at building a team instead of just spending money

sadly there are still the numpties who believe it is all like some computer game, with one man wheeling a dealing, flying around the world with his sheepskin coat on........................etc

With regard to the transfer market I can see 1 real positive from Neil''s appointment and 1 big drawback.

The positive: Neil knows the squad and the players inside and out and will already know exactly what he wants to do, what positions he needs to strengthen and potentially will have identified those players to the board already.

The negative: There will be uncertainty about his ability from bigger rep players, he will have to sit down with them and really sell his vision, i think he can do it, but getting some there might be more difficult without the experience of a Malky or Lennon.

Overall I am genuinely excited if not a little apprehensive about this appointment. Also he has already stated that he wants to bring back exciting, styling, ATTACKING football. He will get our strikers scoring goals and being a winger i can see us ditching the inverted winger approach. Movind Redmond onto the right, Pilks or a new left footer on the left and supplying Hoops and RVW (assuming they stay) with some decent chances to score.

Too much optimism right now among all these doomsayers?

I think the valid point here is his lack of reputation in the game, not his knowledge (or lack) of players or how to actually sign them. We know a few of our signings cited Hughton as part of the reason they came to us, so we know reputation plays a part.

So I am concerned that a player who is umming and erring between us and say, Cardiff, may pick Cardiff because of Solskjaer''s reputation, despite him getting Cardiff relegated.

Obviously, if Adams does very well, then his reputation will grow quickly. But for me, it is a factor.

Sounds good to me BSYELLOW. The Championship is certainly a very different level to the mini league of 5 games Adams had to compete in at the end of last season. If he can rebuild the confidence of the existing players they could be a formidable team in this division, and one well-suited to an attacking ''we''ll always score one-more than you'' type game.

"a) keep hold of the players that want to leave"

If there are players that actively want to leave, why bother persuading them to stay? It''s not good for morale.

Exactly Monty, part of the Norwich way has to be passionate - I imagine NA will not have a problem bringing that into the team.

As for signings? We''ve been told he''ll be given the money, I just really hope, if not for his own success, he spends it well and wisely.