Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Delia... You are a liar!

You said

Hughton couldn''t be sacked in January because there was no one to replace him.

You then sack him replace with a caretaker which was always the way to go then give him it on a full time basis

So u couldof sacked hughton in January on this basis

You let the club go down under hughton

You and the board are liars and should be sacked yourselves

Tossers!

i didnt want mcnally to go. thought he was an astute business man etc. i wouldnt care less if he left tomorrow now. what a cop out, cheap option, sideway step,

Only if it''s not true, there is seemingly more than abut of truth in what the OP is saying.

Recent statements are, to me at least, contradictory and that''s putting it politely

You can''t be libeled for saying someone lied about stuff like that!  Get a grip.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Only if it''s not true, there is seemingly more than abut of truth in what the OP is saying.

Recent statements are, to me at least, contradictory and that''s putting it politely[/quote]
He explicitly referred to Delia as a ''liar'', does he have proof of this? If not, then it''s quite possibly libel.

[quote user="ref89"]You can''t be libeled for saying someone lied about stuff like that!  Get a grip.[/quote]
Yes, yes you can:
''A is liable for saying anything to C about B which would be apt to make the average citizen think worse of the latter''
If i referred to Delia Smith as a liar, then most people would think worse of her. It qualifies as libel.

Unless I''m mistaken she said nobody was available, there was, they''ve just given him the full time job as the clubs manager.

This is by most peoples standards a bit of a Porky

[quote user="Bury Green"]Unless I''m mistaken she said nobody was available, there was, they''ve just given him the full time job as the clubs manager.

This is by most peoples standards a bit of a Porky[/quote]
Meh. I''m by no means a legal expert and I make no claims that I fully comprehend the laws regarding defamation of character in the UK. 
But somehow, I don''t think Archant will be willing to risk it. 

Not with Stefan Phillips on the clubs Board they won''t.

Strangely I smelt a rat when they appeared on the wireless a few days ago, given they''d not been at the forefront for quite some time.

Still they own 58% or thereabouts so they can fuck it up how they want I suppose.

Absolute rubbish.You have to prove that you have suffered damages in financial or reputational terms.It would never make court.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="ref89"]You can''t be libeled for saying someone lied about stuff like that!  Get a grip.[/quote]
Yes, yes you can:
''A is liable for saying anything to C about B which would be apt to make the average citizen think worse of the latter''
If i referred to Delia Smith as a liar, then most people would think worse of her. It qualifies as libel.
[/quote]

[quote user="ref89"]Absolute rubbish.You have to prove that you have suffered damages in financial or reputational terms.It would never make court.[/quote]
Calling someone a liar doesn''t damage their reputation? 

Proof that this club is only concerned about doing it on the cheap.

They dam well know that they will fill the ground every game

Revenue every time.

So keep spending down to a minimum to fit their budget.

What exactly are you budgeting for?

Spent next to nothing in the premier over the 3 seasons

Now you''ve done the cheapest option in the championship.

Oh that''s right the only ambition now is too keep the bank balance in the black.

Stuff the football lets become financial advisors

Of course it doesn''t, not in the context this has happened.I''m calling you an idiot.  Want to sue me?

McNally said Monday this appointment would not have the support Hughton did when he got the job , in hindsight he was probably hinting at what the Smiths were going to do , as Wiz said IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ADAMS .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]McNally said Monday this appointment would not have the support Hughton did when he got the job , in hindsight he was probably hinting at what the Smiths were going to do , as Wiz said IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ADAMS .[/quote]That was not what was saying or meaning. He said from looking at the message-boards there were so many names being suggested that whoever was chosen would be bound to disappoint some fans, and that was in the context that when Hughton was picked most fans seemed to be happy with that choice.

Well maybe they think Adams is right for the Championship under these circumstances but not right in January for Norwich in the Prem.

I am hoping she kept out of this and left McNally to make the decision. Whenever she has got involved in footballing matters in the past we have declined.

She is pretty clueless regards footballing matters. Her comment the other day about making more noise showed that. What a daft comment to make considering the dross the fans were being served up.

Good football creates noise!!

I think she may hear a lot more noise this year of the kind she won''t want if we have a bad season. I think she is on the brink of being driven out. I don''t think the fans will accept another failure from her.

Taking the club down last season given the standard of the teams that stayed up was criminal and was obvious for all to see what was happening. She did nothing and has now totally ridiculed herself by opening her mouth on live radio stating who was there!! This has rightfully angered people who could accept Hughton staying if they felt there was nobody else. She has now totally removed this excuse in giving Neil a 3 year contract and trusting him in what could be the most important season of our next 20 years!

The events of the past 2 weeks have done her popularity no favours and she is now under the radar more so than the manager!

she was on about the prem, we our now in the champs, do you understand yet?

[quote user="alartz"]Proof that this club is only concerned about doing it on the cheap. They dam well know that they will fill the ground every game Revenue every time. So keep spending down to a minimum to fit their budget. What exactly are you budgeting for? Spent next to nothing in the premier over the 3 seasons Now you''ve done the cheapest option in the championship. Oh that''s right the only ambition now is too keep the bank balance in the black. Stuff the football lets become financial advisors[/quote]

No offence but you are coming across pretty thick.

Every spare penny went in to the transfer budget every season, off the pitch the club has never been in a better place and we are totally debt free with plenty of assets.

Pretty sure our board would rather we were in the Premiership than the Championship if all they were only concerned about were finances......

[quote user="Dibble"]Delia''s remark about nobody being available in January is going to take a lot of explaining, and may well come back to haunt her![/quote]

Not really, there was nobody to appoint in January.

We are in a different league now. The premiership isn''t the place to bring through new managers, the championship is.

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Dibble"]Delia''s remark about nobody being available in January is going to take a lot of explaining, and may well come back to haunt her![/quote]

Not really, there was nobody to appoint in January.

We are in a different league now. The premiership isn''t the place to bring through new managers, the championship is.

[/quote]

where was Neil Adams in January Ellis?