The Plastic Finder General

Where will we finish next season?

Look at ''mid table'' last season:

11 Nottm Forest 46 3 65

12 Middlesbrough 46 12 64

13 Watford 46 10 60

14 Bolton 46 -1 59

15 Leeds 46 -8 57

One was relegated only recently, one is Leeds who seem to be well backed now, one has the whole Italy agreement thing that gifts them decent players, one is well bank rolled and has Pearce now ready to take control and the next, Boro look set for a better season too.

It will be difficult.

I would genuinely consider top half and challenging for play-offs a successful season.

Of course ideally we can do better and we may even be title challengers, but it''s an incredibly tough league at the best of times, while theres a whole ethos to change, a big turnaround in staff and players to settle in and a relegation to shake off.

People need to keep their expectations realistic.

All of those arguments are poor. Please don''t make me explain why. I''ll try and do it simply.

Forest were playoff certs and victims of mass unrest behind the scenes. Not a midtable side.

Boro I don''t know enough about and by the sounds of it neither do you.

Leeds have Cellino who yes, has money, but is a self-confessed trouble maker and is being forced into selling assets in order to cut their debt down. Hardly going to be in a good position to compete next year. Oh dear.

''The whole Italy agreement'' is underhand stuff from the owners of Udinese who are using Watford as essentially a feeder club. These players do not have the commitment or care to want to progress the Hornets as shown by that midtable finish.

And Bolton are in financial ruin.

Yeah, we''re doomed

We''ll be lucky if we are not relegated to league 1.

Just what have the board done since Lambert left to inspire confidence?

Sweet Fanny Adams. (Who is our new manager, no less).

I expect us to be top 6. We''ve got most of the squad that got us up last time, aside from strikers, and considering we''ve got £13 million worth of strikers now they should be better.... If Adams realises we need to be much more offensive, and I think he does, we wil do well.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Look at ''mid table'' last season:

11 Nottm Forest 46 3 65

12 Middlesbrough 46 12 64

13 Watford 46 10 60

14 Bolton 46 -1 59

15 Leeds 46 -8 57

One was relegated only recently, one is Leeds who seem to be well backed now, one has the whole Italy agreement thing that gifts them decent players, one is well bank rolled and has Pearce now ready to take control and the next, Boro look set for a better season too.

It will be difficult.[/quote]

To be fair jimmy, those teams are pants compared to us. Derby, Wigan,are another matter but derby might go up yet. I still think even if we lost half a dozen players, we''ll still have a strong enoughu squad to be top six

We''ll be 14th at Christmas, Adams will be sacked. A proper manager will then come in greatly improve us but it will be far to late and we''ll end up 7/8th. A realistic call.

Far to early to make a prediction as we have no idea what the squad will be. But to play the game, with Adams as manager and the squad as it is now I would say top 3.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]We''ll be 14th at Christmas, Adams will be sacked. A proper manager will then come in greatly improve us but it will be far to late and we''ll end up 7/8th. A realistic call.[/quote]

Why be so pessimistic? What you need to remember is that there is quite a gulf in the quality of teams between the championship and the premiership. For starters we''ll have a lot more possession in games next season, and therefore our £13 million striker force will be given much more of a chance to shine. They surely cannot be complete pants. Plus we picked out most of the players from the championship who were at the top end of that division talent wise (howson, snood grass, Redmond) and if they stay, alongside the players who got us up last time, I can''t see why we won''t be top 6.

[quote user="The Plastic Finder General"]My guess is just above the relegation zone. Bottom three at Christmas, Neeyull sacked, Delia and McNally remorseful - "lessons have been learnt", Warnock appointed with a brief of keeping us up.[/quote]I find the most reliable way of getting a useful answer to this question is to wait until the end of the season in question.

depends on the fixturesshould be Carrow Road or an away groundhowever we might have to do it the hard and it will be Wembleylooking forward to next season

If we keep the likes of Ruddy, Hooper, Turner, Redmond, Snodgrass & Howson and they are properly motivated plus we add some hungry young talent to the squad then we should be top 6.

We must not repeat the failures of our last 2 prem relegations where we bought poorly & the players retained simply could not be bothered. After 94-95 too many of the team were well past their use by date & after 04-05 we bought a load of absolute rubbish!!