Sign in to follow this  
The Plastic Finder General

Where will we finish next season?

@AndyCanary and the other optimists on this thread - I really hope you''re right.I will be happy to admit I was wrong if you are.Frankly I''d take survival right now if it was on available.For me the message that Adams appointment sends out is that we have no real ambition, not even in the Championship.If we had appointed Lennon or Malky it would have been a sign that we were hungry for success, and a team to be feared.I think the perception now is we look more like relegation fodder than promotion candidates.  This matters - it makes it harder to keep and attract good players and opponents will have greater confidence when playing us.Unless we have a good pre - season and a storming start to the league (say 10 straight wins), then the danger is that the perception becomes the reality and we wind up back in League 1.I do hope I''m wrong.

I think some people really need to wake up and realize how tough this league is now, Ricky might double his goal tally, fer might be intrested on a cold Wednesday night. Sadly i feel we''ll struggle to reach the top ten, yesterdays appointment hasen''t really helped matters.

Too good to get relegated, too little old Norwich to get promoted. 14th. Hope I''m wrong.

I think the season will go one of 2 ways now. The way the board appointed Adams was shocking making it hard to take for the fans and making it look like little Norwich. This was handled really badly!

This has heaped additional pressure on us to get a good start as the ground will still be divided, probably more so than ever! If we get a good start and get going early. The ground will gather momentum behind neil and we could go up. If we get a few bad results and a bad start. I can see Carrow Road being a place of in house fighting and not a good place to be.

The board really have messed this up, not in appointing neil but in the way they have. I still believe McNally will leave now in the next few days, as I am convinced that he was not McNally''s choice and that Lennon was. I think Lennon was trying to force our hand at the last minute into appointing him by resigning. If he does not already have another job lined up?? It does not look like it and rumours are that he was not even considered for the role??

I am sure all this will come out in the next few days and I would say the club have a lot of work to do to win the majority over.

They can do a lot in the next few months by saying "no" to offers for our senior players and giving Neil the best chance of success. I am hopeful that if we keep the nucleus of the squad including Hooper and RVW (They may come good?) add a few additions and throw a few of the youth lads in to come of age and add some raw pace. The promotion is a real possibility.

I am sure that our resolve will be tested in the next few weeks with offers for Redmond, Snodgrass etc... then we will really find out how committed the board are to a speedy return to the prem!

I am quite excited at next season of they all stay with Redmond and Murphy on the wings, Howson, Snod, Tettey and the likes in the championship! The strikers may be different gravy in this division if they get a good start.

Lets see what happens. If players like Redmond etc... start leaving then questions really do need to be asked as to how committed the board really are on a speedy return.

Apprecite that post LDH, you say the board have a lot to do to win the majority over, i would question that, not sure the majority are against Neil?

Top half, and given the quality of our squad that will be a fair achievement. We shall encounter some good teams with money behind them - Fulham and Cardiff, and this year''s play-off teams, for instance.

I do not expect immediate bounce-back, but I am optimistic about our future.

Regardless of being personally disappointed (very) by the new manager appointment, and also considering "the strength" of The Championship, I still feel we will be very capable of at the very least promotion through a play-off position. The basis of the squad is very strong for this league regardless of our inconsistent form in the EPL.

I think it is too early for anyone to really have an educated guess at this because we don''t know what the squad will be come the start of the season. Depends who we bring in and importantly who we can keep. Thats a better question to be asking at this point, who would you try and hang on to, and who would you look to bring in.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Apprecite that post LDH, you say the board have a lot to do to win the majority over, i would question that, not sure the majority are against Neil?[/quote]

I hope you are correct, from what I have read on here and on Facebook most people seem totally appalled at Adams.

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="Jenkins"]Apprecite that post LDH, you say the board have a lot to do to win the majority over, i would question that, not sure the majority are against Neil?[/quote] I hope you are correct, from what I have read on here and on Facebook most people seem totally appalled at Adams.[/quote]

Two excellent sources of football information there.

14th with Adams winning a few "must win" games to retain his job and save the embarrassment of the board yet again!

It''s a real either/ or thing for me too. We have the quality in the squad to win the league, maybe not the robustness but if the buying and selling is done right, and we get off to a good start, I see no holding us back!

That said, one slight hitch (the wrong players leave, bad buys again, in house disputing) and we''ll be mid to lower table by the end of it all.