Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Not for not against, just asking.

Would any other club have appointed Walker when we did? Why didn''t Villa go for Lambert before we got him? Maybe Liverpool should have gone for Rodgers a few seasons ago? Would another league club give Monk a job? Swansea did. Every manager has to start somewhere. Time will tell how good he is.

Unlikely, but not for the reasons people think. 
It''s not so much that Adams lacks experience that would put people off, it would be the fact that, as he was under contract by Norwich as a youth coach, that they would still have to pay compensation for him, and most teams aren''t going to pay compensation for an inexperienced youth coach, no matter how talented he may be. 
If however, he hadn''t been under contract and was just a former professional footballer with the good coaching qualifications that he possess then yes, I think more than a few championship teams would''ve expressed interest. 

Would another club go out there way to pry Neil Adams from our set up to appoint him as their manager? Certainly not.Would another club in our situation appoint someone with the kind of historical footballing connections to themselves, that Neil Adams - as a successful former player and even more successful youth coach - has with Norwich, as manager? Certainly doesn''t require a stretch of the imagination.

Was he still under contract as youth team coach whilst in charge of the first team? I ask because I don''t know. The compensation would be meagre by current football standards, so I would not expect that to put would be suitors off.

My theory is thus, the reason that any other championship club would have been unlikely to have offered him a job is his lack of experience. As I state in the thread title, I am neither for nor against Adams appointment, however, no-one can deny that it is a gamble, despite the board "knowing" their man.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Was he still under contract as youth team coach whilst in charge of the first team? I ask because I don''t know. The compensation would be meagre by current football standards, so I would not expect that to put would be suitors off.

My theory is thus, the reason that any other championship club would have been unlikely to have offered him a job is his lack of experience. As I state in the thread title, I am neither for nor against Adams appointment, however, no-one can deny that it is a gamble, despite the board "knowing" their man.[/quote]
I don''t think its the sum of money that would put clubs off, I think it''s the fact that they''d have to pay at all. It''s more like ''why should we pay a club for a promising coach when there are so many experienced ones available for free'' rather than them not being able to afford the compensation.
I reiterate, if Adams had left the club after winning the FA youth cup last year, with his coaching qualifications and recent success, with the intention to get a managers/head coaches job, I think that several championship clubs (particularly the ones with a similar footballing structure to our proposed one) would be interested. Brighton, for example, would''ve been interested in hiring a young, forward thinking coach who is willing to work under a DoF.