Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

Pro-Adams man here...but

why does he feel the need to bang the ''I''m not Hughton'' drum so pathetically? We get it Neil, you agree with the fans that we were far too cautious under Careful Chris and will look to play a more expressive game...

..it''s just what with the readiness with which he''s churning through soundbites he may as well have sat down in the presser and said ''''goals, goals, attacking football, goals, pace, wingers, pace, goals, attack, goals, ATTACK!''''

...Just makes me slightly wary that he may not actually have an actual plan....yet, as he''s far too desperate to appease the fans.

I believe in him though. That said, I believed in Hughton initially.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]why does he feel the need to bang the ''I''m not Hughton'' drum so pathetically? We get it Neil, you agree with the fans that we were far too cautious under Careful Chris and will look to play a more expressive game...

..it''s just what with the readiness with which he''s churning through soundbites he may as well have sat down in the presser and said ''''goals, goals, attacking football, goals, pace, wingers, pace, goals, attack, goals, ATTACK!''''

...Just makes me slightly wary that he may not actually have an actual plan....yet, as he''s far too desperate to appease the fans.

I believe in him though. That said, I believed in Hughton initially.[/quote]

F*ck me - there''s just no pleasing some people!

I am pleased with his appointment as my signature suggests. Am I not allowed to express concern about his overzealousness to the press. I worry that he''s making a bed he may struggle to lie in. But I hope not.

I think you''d be less aggressive towards me if there wasn''t so much overreaction prevalent on this board. I see nothing wrong in what I''ve said. No one''s perfect, particularly an inexperienced manager- albeit one with decent potential. Sort it out.

I think he''ll tell the players what he wants from them. What a manager says to the press should be taken with a very large pinch of salt. That''s basically rule one of understanding football.

I just think he needs to stop being Mr Not Hughton and start being his own man.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]I think he''ll tell the players what he wants from them. What a manager says to the press should be taken with a very large pinch of salt. That''s basically rule one of understanding football.

I just think he needs to stop being Mr Not Hughton and start being his own man.[/quote]

I Dont think you should take it with a pnch of salt. Hughton was negative in his interviews and I think it permeated the club. It''s important to get the PR right for all organisations and he''s probably saying to the attacking players your going to get more freedom something Redmond was bemoaning after his U21 hatrick the other night in his own interview.

I think that Adams was so aware of the feelings towards Hughton at the end of his tenure that he wants to do everything in his power to distance himself from him.

He needs to be more guarded. He''s being naive from a PR perspective and setting himself up for a fall when he is in a difficult enough job already.

I understand he is keen and fans love to see it but from a realists view, Neil needs to calm down with his bold claims and let his players do the talking on the pitch.

If people want to call me a detractor and question my support I really don''t give a toss.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]He needs to be more guarded. He''s being naive from a PR perspective and setting himself up for a fall when he is in a difficult enough job already.

I understand he is keen and fans love to see it but from a realists view, Neil needs to calm down with his bold claims and let his players do the talking on the pitch.

If people want to call me a detractor and question my support I really don''t give a toss.[/quote]
I think it''s just the inexperience showing. He''s desperate for the fans to take to him and support him and his team so he tells them what they want to hear in the hopes they''ll get behind him. 
Son''t get me wrong, I fully understand where you''re coming from and I personally would''ve preferred it if he had been a bit more vague when outlining his goals and style, but we also have to consider the fact that if he hadn''t made these comments that some fans would get on his back for that as well. He''s really in a no-win situation here.

That''s a fair assessment. I hope he can deliver on these claims of fast, attacking, winning football. But if we''re going to do that and he''s 100% confident in it then our technical director (Ricky Martin?) will need to support it in the players we bring through in order for the club to have a clear philosophy. I''d certainly like that to be the case.

It''s probably pedantry but as you say he could and probably should have been more vague to the press about what he is going to do.