Sign in to follow this  
Phil Boyers Admiral top

Last time we did this it was Gunny - that went well .....

I would like an explanation at least. Is that too much to ask as a supporter? Was it a decision based on money? I would imagine Adams is cheap. But McNally tells us we are rich. It''s typical lack of ambition once again. No mention of going straight back up which concerns me.

Perhaps McNally is too much of a coward to sack people he knows and likes (As was the case with CH And that went well too). Perhaps he will be happy mid table, rolling in cash, eating swan pie.

What if we don''t go up? Would that be regarded as failure? Perish the thought - what if we lose to that mob down the road?

Us muppets will go to all the matches, come what may, and I think the board take advantage of of our loyalty.

This is not the same thing at all. Gunn had zero experience bar a stint managing Loddon under 11''s and was selected as a result of listening to the popular opinion. Adams is a fully qualified coach with much knowledge and experience of the modern game.

Do me a favour and post something sensible next time instead of regurgitating the same drivel as countless other morons on here. 

There''s a world of difference between Gunn and Adams, you should be embarrassed by your OP.

And the last time we recruited someone from outside the Club who was supposed to be the ideal Manager with all the right credentials, record, contacts, coaching team etc etc, Remind me how good that was.

I wouldn''t chose to go up that route OP even though I am having a problem getting my head around NA''s appointment.

Let''s wait until the DoF (or Technical Director) is appointed. I have an idea that when this happens all comparisons with the pat will become redundant.

Last time we did this it was Gunny - that went well .....And if I recall correctly, the time we did this before Gunny that was Worthy - that went alright ....

....for a while.Chip[y]

I think with Gunn, although he was a decent goalkeeper, he doesn''t appear to have a particularly good football brain.

Apart from his run as manager if you just listen to some of his radio commentary he doesn''t read the game very well. He''s almost constantly in need of a replay to form an opinion. He doesn''t see what''s happening quick enough.

I think and hope Adams will have a sharper brain for it.

[quote user="Chip20"]Last time we did this it was Gunny - that went well .....And if I recall correctly, the time we did this before Gunny that was Worthy - that went alright ....

....for a while.Chip[y]
[/quote]And if you''re old enough to remember Dave Stringer and Mike Walker they didn''t turn out too be too bad either.

Adams is a far more experienced coach than Gunn ever was. It might only be at youth level, but Adams has shown that he has the ability to be a good coach. The issue here is that good coaches don''t always make good managers, but I''ve never heard of a manager failing because he was too good a coach and I''ve heard of plenty who have failed because they had no coaching talents.

It is not exactly the same situation as it was with Gunn. It''s never exactly the same. Adams is probably better qualified for management than Gunn was but it is not necessarily a good thing. It ended well with Gunn because he failed so spectacularly, making his sacking an easy decision. If Adams ends up neither-good-nor-bad than we might end up sticking with him longer than necessary and we might see the same deterioration cycle between Worthy and Gunn all over again -- something I hope we desperately want to avoid.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]

This is not the same thing at all. Gunn had zero experience bar a stint managing Loddon under 11''s and was selected as a result of listening to the popular opinion. Adams is a fully qualified coach with much knowledge and experience of the modern game.

Do me a favour and post something sensible next time instead of regurgitating the same drivel as countless other morons on here. 

[/quote]Funnily enough, we''ve got form for promoting an FA Cup Youth winning manager to the first team manager. Dave Stringer was his name.