Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

So why NOT Neil Adams?

Well he''s got balls which is more than most of the whingers on here.

He also got a 3 year contract out of McNally that''s more than Lambert ever got so must have something about him.

A good press conference and I can see many of the players getting behind him.

Underwhelmed at first but I''m coming round to the idea. Onwards and upwards. We need to quit the moaning and move on.

[quote user="GJP"]

Sorry if someone has made this point before (I''m sure they probably have) but what if Adams had never played for Norwich...

What if he had been a decent player and last year he won the Youth Cup at a different club...

Would he have been in contention? No. He''d be absolutely nowhere near it.

That''s not to say he''s not the man for the job just makes me wonder what the process and thinking behind it was.

[/quote]I think they''ve seen him up close for quite some time and have liked what they''ve seen. The fact  that they got good feedback from a lot of the players probably helped as well.  Internal promotion happen in a lot of businesses for those same reasons.

Still one good thing, if Neil actually pulls this off and becomes a success, surely we can be confident he won''t run off to Villa or the like.

Well apparently Adams has the skills to change tactics mid game (according to our board) which we haven''t had for the last two years (again according to our board). Adams has also pinpointed our shortcomings from the last two years- we didn''t score enough goals. So he''s clearly very astute as a football analyst and that''s the kind of insight we''ve been missing.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I don''t think anyone who is saying adams is not the right person for the job are suggesting they can do better than him, only he doesn''t appear to have any real experience in management....and thats a bit scary[/quote]He does have management experience with our youth team. A lot of people seem to dismiss that, but McNally pointed out in the radio interview that all the principles are the same and he''s been running football clubs long enough to have a more informed opinion than the people on here who want to ignore it while expounding their prophecies of doom.

[quote user="T"]This message board just proves the studies that those with the least knowledge and awareness are the most critical. Its a football message board for punters with absolutely no professional experience, training and qualifications. Those who have actually have some experience and awareness realise they are absolutely in no position to criticise those that have far more capability. Unfortunately the majority have neither the knowledge or awareness to realise their lack of ability to assess the situation. Knowledge and awareness teaches you humility. Sadly there is very little on here as this message board tonight demonstrates. No doubt I will get more abuse from some but I live in hope that there are some who will reflect that they don''t have sufficient skills and success in their life to ever run a football club and therefore are not in a position to criticise those that do. This message board has a culture of unconscious incompetence.[/quote]

^^^

This

Gave a good interview and although the initial appointment was underwhelming maybe we have pulled off a master stroke. I think the initial reaction was the shock that it took this long to appoint the man already in the seat! Now that shock has gone I think it''s plain to see there were no really strong candidates. Yes there were options but are they really guaranteed to be more successful? I''m sure by the time we kick off every supporter will be fully behind him and the team. Looking forward to watching us play football again.

Last season at this time Owen Coyle ticked the boxes that Neyul can''t tick when he took over at Wigan. So it really is a lottery. Of course there''s nothing to say that Coyle couldn''t have been a success here. But it just goes to show what a minefield manager selection is. I''m thankful just to be able to support the club and leave that stuff to the board...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What reasons has their been? What qualities do other available candidates have that he doesn''t have?

[/quote]

Experience of managing professional footballers and of getting them to play sufficiently well as a team to achieve promotion and/or Championship titles.

Big difference between the starry-eyed kids and the full time heavily salaried Bentley driving pro players.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 8:11 PM:

Last season at this time Owen Coyle ticked the boxes that Neyul can''t tick when he took over at Wigan. So it really is a lottery. Of course there''s nothing to say that Coyle couldn''t have been a success here. But it just goes to show what a minefield manager selection is. I''m thankful just to be able to support the club and leave that stuff to the board...

And this time last season how many people were aware of Uve Roslers ability as a manager? Hardly any I would say, now if given the option we would all have him here and be very happy with that. Adams May as yet turn out to be our own manager that other teams would want. There are no guarantees so just enjoy the ride. And unlike our last manager I think we will.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 8:11 PM:

Fully agree with this and would add that with without opportunity everyone will be inexperienced.

Far from convinced - but thought he interviewed well and at least he bleeds yellow and green. Would be fantastic to be led to promotion by a man who the club means so much to.

Time to get behind him and move on.