Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Supporters v fans

It does seem to have calmed down after last''s night''s hysteria - it was like the chimps compound at the zoo during a thunderstoem, with dozens of inane voices shrieking and chattering madly. I presume the schools are still open and they are there at the moment.I doubt there is any genuine supporter who is going to rturn their season ticket. If any ''fan'' does then it opens up an opportunity for the poor little mites and ''horphans'' who have cruelly been deprived of their chance to watch City because of the lack of spare tickets.And what of those over excited squeaks. Adams has only been a caretaker manager and doesn''t have the experience they cried, conveniently ignoring that was just how MacKay and Lennon started their managerial careers - albeit without the experience that Adams has had working as a coach within the club.They further whinge that Delia lied to them in January about no other candidates. Of course their were other candidates. You only have to watch major games on the telly to see them all sat their. Failed managers, not good enough for other clubs but good enough for City.it would seem.As said before, wiser heads will see this as just another new beginning. myself as looking at a photo of Lol Mmorgan picyured walking along the train platform. All of them since have been the new messiah. Two of whom were only ever seen as ''backroom staff'' before their appintment. Dave Stringer and Ken Brown, but each in the way gave us some of the finest moments in our history.So hush now children, let the grown ups speak. If you want to be part of all that, then do as was done before. Live up to those who stuck by the club when gates were 12,000, when football was not fashionable and being a supporter meant just that, being a supporter,Roll on August

Football has changed a huge amount since the days of Brown, Stringer and Walker. Only time will tell if the board have been correct but it''s a completely uninspiring and underwhelming appointment when the best we can find is a former youth team manager with zero experience of managing in any Division of any League in Europe.

Football has changed .... /Looks much as it did when I first started watching itAs to the ''experience'' guff we had all that with the pantwetters about Lambert''s squad in the summer of 2011

Only time will tell. It could be the biggest master stroke since Lambert ..or the worst decision since Wolves appointed Terry Connor.Football has changed dramatically. The players now call most of the shots.

perhaps on some computer game but not in the real world, as the club''s treatment of Hoolahan demonstratedas to ''time will tell'' then that is the gist of my post - against the absurd shrieking and wailing that is going on now

s miggins wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 7:35 PM:

its not absurd though is it. People are concerned because we''ve appointed Neil Adams as our manager.

Subject

Tenna pants for loose stools for dear old Mrs Miggins

I haven''t seen anyone crying...apart from Brienne who of course has missed me today. Perhaps you''re confusing this with anger and disappointment?

Yeah I will come August, for now I wish to vent my frustration. It still hasn''t quite hit me that we''ve got (and chosen) Adams as our manager.

Would you like to talk about white flags now Brienne, they seem to be you forte

[quote user="City1st"]It does seem to have calmed down after last''s night''s hysteria - it was like the chimps compound at the zoo during a thunderstorm, with dozens of inane voices shrieking and chattering madly. I presume the schools are still open and they are there at the moment.I doubt there is any genuine supporter who is going to return their season ticket. If any ''fan'' does then it opens up an opportunity for the poor little mites and ''orphans'' who have cruelly been deprived of their chance to watch City because of the lack of spare tickets.And what of those over excited squeaks. Adams has only been a caretaker manager and doesn''t have the experience they cried, conveniently ignoring that was just how MacKay and Lennon started their managerial careers - albeit without the experience that Adams has had working as a coach within the club.They further whinge that Delia lied to them in January about no other candidates. Of course their were other candidates. You only have to watch major games on the telly to see them all sat their. Failed managers, not good enough for other clubs but good enough for City.it would seem.As said before, wiser heads will see this as just another new beginning. myself as looking at a photo of Lol Morgan pictured walking along the train platform. All of them since have been the new messiah. Two of whom were only ever seen as ''backroom staff'' before their appointment. Dave Stringer and Ken Brown, but each in the way gave us some of the finest moments in our history.So hush now children, let the grown ups speak. If you want to be part of all that, then do as was done before. Live up to those who stuck by the club when gates were 12,000, when football was not fashionable and being a supporter meant just that, being a supporter,Roll on August

[/quote]Very good post and i agree with every word. Give the man a chance, its worked before and could work again. Trust me, N.A. is not a B.Gunn.I really cant see what all the outcry is about. Best man for the job, in my opinion

Supporter v Fan

Is a supporter a fan that is just pleased with whatever happens? e.g. Brienne. We may go down to league 1 and he''d still be happy as larry