Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Supporters v fans

Tonight has highlighted the clear division that exists.Had a quick chat with a couple of supporters of many years and both are of the mind that Adams is a good coach and the club must know what they are doing... let''s see what happens over the summer and looking forward to the seasonLikewise a number of wiser heads on hereHowever the forum has been plagued with the newbies, plastics and the johnny come latelys who are shrieking like spoilt kids in a supermarket who can''t get their way.Such is the price of success that this type of morons attach themselves to the club, with usually little or no knowledge of football, or the club.I''ll be there come August, I shall enjoy the next few months watching the comings and goings and will back the club I love and support (and know that many of these hysterical children will something else in a few years).

Good points..

The interesting thing for me is that bar 1 post I''ve not seen a single well constructed negative post. They are all as you say worded like they are written by shrieking spoilt kids.

They''ll soon disappear.

No they wont , everybody bar Delias yes crowd can see this is a mistake , name another club that would appoint a radio co comentator ? yeah none whatsoever .

There has been little attempt to engage with other threads, post replies etc,  but new thread, after new thread that all sound like a child with a soiled nappy - and have the content to match.I should imagine it is kids who have learnt their football from listening to the ''experts'' on TV and have convinced themselves that in ther ''entitlement'' driven world we must have a ''name'' to manage us - irrespective of any suitability or competence for the job in question.

[quote user="City1st"]Tonight has highlighted the clear division that exists.Had a quick chat with a couple of supporters of many years and both are of the mind that Adams is a good coach and the club must know what they are doing... let''s see what happens over the summer and looking forward to the seasonLikewise a number of wiser heads on hereHowever the forum has been plagued with the newbies, plastics and the johnny come latelys who are shrieking like spoilt kids in a supermarket who can''t get their way.Such is the price of success that this type of morons attach themselves to the club, with usually little or no knowledge of football, or the club.I''ll be there come August, I shall enjoy the next few months watching the comings and goings and will back the club I love and support (and know that many of these hysterical children will something else in a few years).

[/quote]

You are totally wrong, people who have the club at heart who have gone through the bad years of bad appointments especially from within the club don''t want another 10 years of mediocrity like previous.

The people who wont complain about the appointment are the happy clappers (who clap when we win throw in, keeper catches ball, etc etc) and those who don''t really care that much if its win lose or draw as long as it gets them away from wife for 3 hours.

Having met and talked with Neil I can honestly say I was very impressed with him as a man,football brain and a BIG City fan through and through.

This stupidity of "Radio commentator"  comment belittles his playing career, training badges and coaching skills.

With the right team to help, I for one will look forward to a season of hope and good attacking football.

If a little luck comes our way (we have not had much lately) then this time next year we will be eagerly awaiting the Prem fixtures.

OTBC

Same here Butler, he is extremely knowledgable and very well qualified.

I have every faith in the guy.

What is so wrong with identifying real talent from within?

I am not sure you can write off the opposition to your minority view as plastics.

The Board have built up this announcement by setting a timetable that they didn''t reach, and then by saying that we were going for "top of the class" with the hint that Neil Adams wasn''t being considered as lacking in experience which of course he is. They then appoint a Manager who got 1 point out of 5, and who got the team playing well in only 1 or 2 halves out of those 5

matches.

Of course it may prove to be a good decision but its a strange one at best.

I must admit that I am uninspired by the decision but believe that board have made the decision based on what was the best option forthe club. I''m not going to jump up and down about it, I''m going to see how Adams performs in the transfer market and the first few games before I form any kind of opinion. Until then I wish the man well and hope he proves to be a great manager

Iwan Roberts, Dean Ashton, Darren Eadie - all former Norwich players, all have strong feelings for the club, none of them wanted him as manager. They''re not "trolls", "plastics" or whatever names are being mentioned here. They all want what is right for the club.

I think people are annoyed because he hasn''t got any experience as a proper manager anywhere, he was part of us going down (mostly Hughton''s though) having got only one point out of 15. His whole persona is very drab, it''s not like he''s inspirational when he talks and the players themselves, although being nice about Adams haven''t said he would be a good choice, infact some have come out and said that he''s not a good manager (if you can even call him a manager). Furthermore, his football despite successful as a youth team coach was not pretty so he can''t have got the job originally because of playing nice football but effective football. However this ''effective'' football was the opposite when taking control of the senior team.

I expected a win and a draw in the last 5 games, a win being the very least I thought we could get with the new manager syndrome (which statistically exists after the first 6-7 games), yet it counted for nothing as we were very average in the first half v Fulham, terrible in the second having set up the team completely wrong with Redmond upfront having no pace on the wings (who would''ve thought).

Then came Liverpool, did I expect to beat them - No. Do I expect him to have the team set up right - Yes.

You don''t play redmond upfront (again) against liverpool unless you''re an idiot, we may have given them a proper game if Adams wasn''t so tactically inept.

Onto the Man U game, a game that we looked beforehand would be the best place to get 3 points, we were set up wrong again, no hope of scoring with elmander upfront. Adams couldn''t motivate them and we lost 4-0. He couldn''t motivate them for the real chance to have a possibility of staying up.

Onto Chelsea where we played a good game...1 point and the reason why he''s got the job now)

Last game of the season - Arsenal. Elmander upfront at home. 0-2.

Its not so much the results (however awful they were), but the tactics in every single one, especially Fulham and Liverpool showing Neil has very little experience of how the modern game is played.

As he was just a caretaker manager, we said ''thanks for trying neyul, you did your best and you''ll still have place here.'' Now, despite the fact that we could have appointed an actual manager, yes an actual manager in such a crucial time in the clubs history, we appoint the same person who made all these tactical mistakes in the games he had here in each one.

The argument of ''well he has to start somewhere'' isn''t a good enough reason. He shouldn''t be starting here, its too important when there were other candidates.

Radio co-commentator, is that all he is? - let''s have a look shall we?

Over 400 games as a professional, First division (top tier) winners medal, Second division winners medal, League cup finalist, Manager of Youth cup winning team, England U21 player, 29 years in the professional game, UEFA ''A'' Coach, And one of our Hall of famers - and yet, in some people''s eyes he''s just a radio co-commentator, pathetic!!

Have some pride that we''re promoting within, he''s done the hard work, he was kicking a ball before some on here could walk, very screwed on, passionate for the club, the supporters and local area. Let''s get behind him and kick the scum into next week. Can''t wait!!

The OP is being far to simplistic. I have supported Norwich for the last 40 years or so, and have experienced the highs and lows that go with being a Norwich City supporter. I preface the following comments with a "I hope I am proved totally wrong", however having had time to think about the appointment of Neil Adams I remain totally underwhelmed for the following reasons:

I remain to be convinced that Neil Adams was the boards 1st choice, what othe reason could there be for taking so long to announce him as manager?

I am concerned as to whether he will have the required respect of the players, my fear is that this appoinment will lead players that may have been happy to stay (for example Ruddy) to change their minds.

I have no doubt that Neil Adams is a good coach but I am concerned at his lack of experience as a manager. It is one thing to coach youngsters, but to manage senior professionals week in week out is a big step up. I know that there was a big Neil Adams love in following the sacking of Chris Hughton, but I saw nothing that suggested to me that Neil Adams was any better than Chris Hughton.

My last reason is more about emotion, as a NCFC supporter of over 40 years, this appointment just does not seem right to me, I feel that next season is our best chance to get back into the Premiership, the board realised this and their hand was forced into making an appointment sooner rather than later, as their preferred option(s) declined the opportunity to manage us.

I end this post the way I prefaced my comments, I will be at CR in August supporting my team (as I have done for the last 40 years or so), not a young, plastic johnny come lately plastic that has soiled his nappies but an old, long standing supporter who loves Norwich City who feels they have every right to be concerned.......

Can''t agree with this Missus.

His persona is fine, no drabber than the cliche ridden & repetitious Lambert, & he is more articulate than most managers I''ve seen. I would say he doesn''t look charismatic, but that doesn''t necessarily matter - mild mannered Woy Wodgson has a good track record (at club level).

Having Fulham as his first game was a shame. That was his best chance & at that point he obviously had zero experience. Against Liverpool he learnt impressively quickly. The ManU game was about hanging on & trying to nick a goal late - similar to Chelsea - but once they scored we''d had it.

You have to remember the state of the team he''d inherited. We were a mess & ended up without a PL striker worthy of the name. Redmond is no great goalscorer, but he is prepared to shoot if he can & is the only forward with the pace to break against an opposition who are battering us late in a game. I''ll never forget Ricky being put through with one player to beat about 20 yards from goal ... it was utterly embarrassing to watch.

I also think he had attitude problems with some of the squad. We''ll never know the full story. I hope & believe he''ll sort this over the summer. We shall see.

I don''t think anyone was particularly excited by (or had even heard of) Lambert before the Colchester game and he turned out to be the best manager we''ve every had.

Sure it''s a risk, but what managerial appointment isn''t? Give the guy a chance and hope the board are quick to act if things are going wrong.

[quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]Iwan Roberts, Dean Ashton, Darren Eadie - all former Norwich players, all have strong feelings for the club, none of them wanted him as manager. They''re not "trolls", "plastics" or whatever names are being mentioned here. They all want what is right for the club.[/quote]Whatever their thoughts (I have yet to see any) I doubt they will be expressing them in the same, shrieking, hysterical, childlike trantrums that have been flooding this site tonight.Not one of these wailing willies have offered anything that suggests they have thought anything beyond their own hysteria. It has been like a Bbay City Rollers concert on here with kids pi  ssing their pants in a orgy of mass hysteria.Fans perhaps, supporters not in any shape or form.

Whatever their thoughts (I

have yet to see any) I doubt they will be expressing them in the same,

shrieking, hysterical, childlike trantrums that have been flooding this site

tonight.

They were asked their thoughts

on Radio Norfolk and none of them offered any support whatsoever.  One of them (I can’t remember which one)

dismissed the suggestion that Adams could be the new manager almost nonchalantly,

as if it wasn’t even worth discussing as there was no way he would be

appointed.

They all want what is best for

Norwich – they all know this is not the best appointment for the club.

The radio commentator thing is hilarious..

If you ruled all the ex pros from management because they''ve done media work you''d have hardly any ex pros still in the game.

Bang on! There is a sense of entitlement amongst the "FIFA14 Classes" that if they go to one cup game every couple of years they get to moan about our new manager

I hope beyond hope that this appointment is like a cold frost that kills the insects in summertime. A cleansing.

I can''t say this strong enough "go and support Chelsea, you c*nts"

AndyCanary – not a dig at you at all because clearly you’re a passionate Norwich fan like me, but I am just interested in where you’d draw the “line”? For me, I would have been happy with Malky, Lennon, Sherwood, I would have been “ok” with Clarke or Zola and for me the “line” is Adams. I am bitterly disappointed, and having slept on it, I have woken up feeling like I did in the summer of 2009.

Is there an appointment that would have made you feel like me or would you support anyone who was offered the role?

OTBC – I hope Adams makes everyone backtrack these posts. I simply cannot see it though.

I was disappointed with the announcement. But I believe in our board to make the right appointment.

My personal opinion is that NL said no to talking to us and MM either said no or was waiting to hear from WBA and Celtic and DM didn''t want to stand for the uncertainty of leaning on him and then losing him in 1-3 weeks time.

NA lacks experience but he clearly did a good job off the pitch in those 5 games. There is no way they''d have given him the job if they weren''t convinced of that.

Give me a passionate, hungry inexperienced manager over a Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley, or a foreign manager with no English experience any day.

I should also add before the numpties take my post out of context: I thought he did a good job on the pitch too:

Fulham: we dominated and should have won. We had plenty of chances, their GK was motm. Our strikers have been poor. You couldn''t expect NA to turn them around in a week.

Liverpool were like a steamroller destroying everything in their path. We played some nice football and scared them.

Man U: inspired by Giggs appointment we didn''t play as well as we should have. It was Man U at old Trafford.

Chelsea: played very well. If we were safe everyone would be applauding NA for being a technical master. We tried to nick the win, we''re unlucky.

Arsenal: I didn''t see this game at all, can''t comment.

Thanks - a sensible response.

I think the reaction is split into 3;

1. Those disappointed with the announcement but backing the manager because they feel they have to (You).

2. Those disappointed with the annoucment and still unsure what to make of it (Me).

3. Those disappointed with the annoucment and will never accept it (others).

I imagine I will move from 2 to 1 by August.

What is clear though, with the importance of the decision and the bizarre comment from McNally to say "within a week", the board have appointed him as you say, they were worried on losing Mackay in 1 - 3 weeks time.

For me;

Fulham - agree to an extent but we didn''t do enough to score against the team who conceded more goals than anyone else.

Liverpool - bizarre selection at the start meant we had lost the game after 10 mins. Adams then reacted too late, but at least he reacted.

Man U - woefully poor performance, highlighted by the fact that other teams won there.

Chelsea - excellent performance, perhaps more for him to show the board he can draw at a team like Chelsea.

Arsenal - woeful performance and the decision to pick Elmander ahead of others baffled me.

Having met and talked with Neil I can honestly say I was very impressed with him as a man,football brain and a BIG City fan through and through.

The Butler said, "This stupidity of "Radio commentator" comment belittles his playing career, training badges and coaching skills.

With the right team to help, I for one will look forward to a season of hope and good attacking football.

If a little luck comes our way (we have not had much lately) then this time next year we will be eagerly awaiting the Prem fixtures.

OTBC "

Well said Butler, we seen to have an above average number of idiots on this board the past few days.

Did a good job in those 5 games? Lost 4, drew 1 and scored a miserly two goals. How is that a good job? Football is about results first and foremost.Do you really just want to go and watch a good game of football or do you want to see City winning more games than they lose?The priorities for the board should have been:1. Winning games2. Attacking football3. Attractive footballIn that order.I will be very surprised if we finish in the top half of the Championship next season and may well even have another relegation struggle on our hands.As to being plastic. I suspect many of those who are so disappointed and frustrated by this are those who can remember all the years since Delia and MWJ took control and how very few of those have actually been decent seasons.Welcome to the next ten years of mediocrity and frustration.

Your logic makes no sense. You''re suggesting that unless you win the performance can''t be good. Relatively to Hughton I thought it was good.

Relative to Barcelona it was bad.

Just to break those 5 games down again -

Fulham - Identical to many CH away performances (Cardiff and West Ham for example) plenty of chances, no goals, no points, not good enough.

Liverpool - Ludicrous tactics from the off and the game was gone by the time he had the good sense to change it. Played well second half, but no better than we did under CH at home to Man City or Spurs.

Man United - A truly disgraceful performance where the players all looked like they''d given up and Neil Adams looked like a deer in the headlights. Showed up even more by the fact that Sunderland went there and won comfortably the week after.

Chelsea - Went there needing a win. Parked the bus and finished with no strikers on the pitch. Naive and not good enough.

Arsenal - Not that it really mattered, but another truly terrible performance.

I am struggling to see where this myth of positive attacking football comes from, or in fact see any promise from these games. Not that 5 games make or break a man, but it''s not exactly looking good.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Your logic makes no sense. You''re suggesting that unless you win the performance can''t be good. Relatively to Hughton I thought it was good.

Relative to Barcelona it was bad.[/quote]

No i am saying we need to be winning games first and foremost and then worry about whether its exciting or attractive.

Losing games is neither exciting nor attractive to me.