Sign in to follow this  
bill anderson

youth team

I''m glad to see the youth team having a successful start to the season. Especially azmat el ouargui back in the side so soon and scoring 2 the other week. Once again this is a great credit to the academy who always seem to be able to bring positives through,. and hopefully this can carry through to th first team.

Another point, has anyone got any updates on the young scholars who were involved with the first team during pre season. These were Matthew Halliday, Andrew Fisk, Andrew Cave-Brown and Rossi Jarvis. After watching the ipswich game i saw some of their youngters involved and was wondering where our young players stood in relation to the first team. It would be really nice to see if worthy will give any of them a run out, it would be nice to see a few youngsters come through the ranks.

Any information?

I think if RYAN Jarvis were fit at the moment, he would be in the squad and from the little I have seen I think Rossi Jarvis has great potential. But I agree with others who argue that some of these players should be loaned out. I hate to think how we the fans would react if they played for us and we lost 4-0 at home. Henderson has had to take a lot of stick from us!

Mind you, it seemed that Danny Crow went on loan, did OK and was then released. I don''t quite get that!

[quote]I think if RYAN Jarvis were fit at the moment, he would be in the squad and from the little I have seen I think Rossi Jarvis has great potential. But I agree with others who argue that some of these p...[/quote]

agree with your comments

I dont think anyone got the crow one, all i can guess is that either he wasnt good enough or the more likely option of he either fell out with the club or mr nigel over sometime.

I dont think any of the youngsters that went on tour with the first team pre season are on professional contracts. I believe you have to have a professional contract not just a scholarship to go out on load. 

Rumour has it that was the reason Danny Crowe was given a pro contract so he could go on loan and hopefully get a contract elsewhere.  Maybe Norwich had no intention of keeping him but were trying to help him!!!

PS The Youth Team seem to have started there season well 2 wins out of 2 in the league (scoring 4 goals and conceding 0) plus a very good pre-season, maybe things are looking up on that side anyway.