Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Turner's Contract

I was under the impression Turner was out of contract this summer and it has been mentioned in posts by plenty of others.

NA at todays presser confirmed Fox and Nash were the only players in the current squad who were out of contract, that the club don’t have an option to extend.

Looks like this isn''t the case, and I hope for one he stays as he will be a rock in the Championship.

Obviously thats the case, but the wording of the comments at today''s press conference wasn''t clear whether the club would be exercising all it''s extensions. I hope Turner gets a new contract to be honest.

[quote user="Kirkstall Yellow"]Thats good news. Shame about Fox though. I liked him.[/quote]

People have really very idiotic ideas of what "good news" is...

Turner will be critical for us next season. I really hope he stays.

I think Fox''s time was up anyway, he was good for us in the past under Lambert but those days are gone now. He''s not good enough at breaking up play.

jaemae you aren''t the poster who thinks Turner is rubbish are you?

Because if you are I consider you stop watching football because you don''t have a bloody clue whats going on.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]jaemae you aren''t the poster who thinks Turner is rubbish are you?

Because if you are I consider you stop watching football because you don''t have a bloody clue whats going on.[/quote]

No, I''ve got a clue. I know what''s going on when Turner is the direct cause for at least 2 goals a game 97% of the time he plays. Yeah, he''s a great CB.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Bassong and Turner is an amazing championship partnership, [/quote]

Yeah, you''re not going to get better than that in the Championship but it''s very hard to see Bassong being here next season.

Certainly what would be good is to see a centreback come in who is a little bit quicker to play alongside Turner but I suspect it''ll be probably be Bennett - although at least he should be a bit more convincing in the Champ than he was the Prem.

I can''t believe anyone seriously doesn''t rate Turner, he is an incredibly good CB, he lacks pace, which is his biggest flaw, but apart from that he is comfortably the best CB at the club imo, but it is only my opinion. He times tackles well, gets the big blocks in,

If you don''t agree fine, but there is no way he wouldn''t be a first choice CB at any Championship club and anyone saying otherwise is trolling.

[quote user="jaemae2"]

No, I''ve got a clue. I know what''s going on when Turner is the direct cause for at least 2 goals a game 97% of the time he plays. Yeah, he''s a great CB.[/quote]

Never mind the clueJust give us the maths that explains this 97% and the two goals per game you squeak about

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Do u guys actually watch turner? Wow[/quote]

Unfortunately I''ve seen every game he''s played in the past 2 years. Hopefully I''ll never have to again.

Have you? It''s shocking that the defense performs 80% of the time he isn''t on the field for such a great CB...

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Do u guys actually watch turner? Wow[/quote]

Unfortunately I''ve seen every game he''s played in the past 2 years. Hopefully I''ll never have to again.

Have you? It''s shocking that the defense performs 80% of the time he isn''t on the field for such a great CB...[/quote]

I''m guessing you''re still in your teens?

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]Do u guys actually watch turner? Wow[/quote]

Have you? It''s shocking that the defense performs 80% of the time he isn''t on the field for such a great CB...[/quote]

I''m guessing you''re still in your teens?[/quote]

Maybe, but that would just mean people like you and those that think Turner are a good CB are far less intelligent than a teen...