Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Ameobi Released

Act fast Neil! Would be a top signing! 2 year deal to help get us promoted and help Loza and Morris into mens football.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]I''d have him here. Complete battering ram, not many like him about. Type of forward were missing[/quote]
There are tons of them in both league 1 and 2 that are probably both cheaper and have more of a  chance to develop into a better player.

We really have regressed back to the bad old days if this is the best we can attract.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 5:36 PM:

So bad Newcastle offered him another year. He''d be perfect foil for Hooper.

Is that the way Neil is going to play it?

It''s a bit premature to start suggesting players without knowing the preferred playing style and what will be needed.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 5:36 PM:

So bad Newcastle offered him another year. He''d be perfect foil for Hooper.

Is that the way Neil is going to play it?

It''s a bit premature to start suggesting players without knowing the preferred playing style and what will be needed.[/quote]

There is no doubt we need a powerful striker, whatever style. We need a plan B, C...Z

[quote user="Herman "]We really have regressed back to the bad old days if this is the best we can attract.[/quote]

Hahahahaha. An experienced PL striker, who scored 10 in 18 in his last stint in the Championship.

He''d be a top signing for ANY championship team. He''ll be going to another PL team and he''d be a decent signing for most bottom half sides.

He''s 32 and scored 15 in the last four seasons. I''d welcome him with open arms.

Would be a perfect fit for our team. Bet he goes elsewhere. I could see Hull even making a move for him. Maybe even Palace.

Herman surely you know not to judge a player based on just goals scored?

If we signed him as our main goal scorer then yes, it''d be a poor signing. But thats not what he is. Never has been. Like Elmander. And like Elmander he''d be able to create chances for Hooper. Hooper only managed one goal all season without Elmander playing with him. Its not a coincidence.

Don''t know why some people can''t see the importance of a player like Ameobi, Elmander etc. If you can get one like Holt that scores the goals too, Ashton to an extent, Roberts. Great. But they aren''t exactly common. We got every so lucky with Holt, before we signed him he was on a downward spiral, i''m sure before the start of that season he was quite possibly thinking he may never even make it back to the Championship, let alone have a 15 goal season in the Premiership.

Ameobi is a decent player, i''d be shocked if we do sign him as he''ll more than likely be off to another PL side, Derby maybe if they win the PO Final, or Hull as suggested, WBA might even take punt. This is a player with almost 300 PL appearances, over 400 in all comps, played 7 seasons in Europe. Maybe would have been a fairly regular international if he''d declared for Nigeria earlier than he did. Would be a fantastic addition for many reasons.

I know. But this reminds me too much of the seasons pre-league 1, when his name would crop up on a regular basis. Add the fact that I''ve never rated him and I hope you might understand why I am nonplussed.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Herman "]We really have regressed back to the bad old days if this is the best we can attract.[/quote]

Hahahahaha. An experienced PL striker, who scored 10 in 18 in his last stint in the Championship.

He''d be a top signing for ANY championship team. He''ll be going to another PL team and he''d be a decent signing for most bottom half sides.[/quote]

On the flip side, his previous stint to that in the Championship yielded 0 goals from 6 games whilst playing for Stoke.

But he was never going to come then, he''s always been near the first team with Newcastle.

Fair enough you''ve never rated him, no point going over everything again but his ability and experience could be a great addition if (when) we can''t find another Grant Holt.

[quote user="im spartacus"]when does ched evans get released ? he might be worth a punt [/quote]October apparently, after serving half his initial 5 year sentence.Despite what others might think, I''d be willing to give the guy a chance on a sensible deal.I didn''t agree with the conviction at the time (as discussed ad nauseum on here at that stage), and we could potentially get a very good player for nothing out of the whole debacle.He performed last time he was here, he performed for Sheff Utd when he was last playing, and as a shot to nothing he''d be well worth a look, but we''d probably need to act quick before he commits to going back to somewhere like Sheff Utd.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="im spartacus"]when does ched evans get released ? he might be worth a punt [/quote]October apparently, after serving half his initial 5 year sentence.Despite what others might think, I''d be willing to give the guy a chance on a sensible deal.I didn''t agree with the conviction at the time (as discussed ad nauseum on here at that stage), and we could potentially get a very good player for nothing out of the whole debacle.He performed last time he was here, he performed for Sheff Utd when he was last playing, and as a shot to nothing he''d be well worth a look, but we''d probably need to act quick before he commits to going back to somewhere like Sheff Utd.[/quote]

I''m inclined to agree there, but I don''t think we need more controversy joining us after this weeks events. Ched needs to go back to Sheff Utd, somewhere he knows he''ll be accepted and lay low for a while while he fights his conviction.

[quote user="im spartacus"]yes and a bit of advice ched if you like having sex with comatose women who aren''t interested try getting married [:D][/quote]

haha!