Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

NA .......Lack of experience .

......does not neccessarily equate to lack of abilty. We got PL from Colchester for Christs sake, and he got us up and staying in the premiership. Despite some very poor performances last season , we have a squad of decent players and are an attractive proposition to any upcoming players not yet considered established premier quality. Na will have us playing decent footy, just look at the way the u18s have played the last couple of seasons. I''m sure his style is more suited to getting the best out of the players. Yep, we''re in the Championship, but we wont see many dour ''hold what we have ''performances....against teams we should be attacking.

Of course it doesn''t. McDermott had no experience when he took over at Reading but he returned them to The PL. Powell had none at Charlton but led them to the League One title in his first full season, having finished the previous season with a dreadful run incidentally (something those judging on five matches could ponder upon).

As a non- Norwich fan I am very optimistic about your prospects under Neil Adams, I think he''s a more exciting appointment than any of the other names being mentioned. The one fly in the ointment is the revelation regarding the board blocking Adams choice of Foley. I hope this turns out to be untrue as undermining the new manager on day one is hardly an auspicious start.

That''s what I keep saying! Experience means nothing! Unless you want experience of bad football with Mackay/Warnock or experience of failure with Zola etc

Worthington had no previous Championship experience, neither did Lambert, Rosler had none for Wigan, Adkins, Mcdermott etc

The board know what they''re doing, Adams is the best man for the job, I look forward to bumping up some of these other ridiculous threads when we get promoted next year scoring 80+ goals

Ken Brown and David Stringer - two of our better managers in the past, and fondly remembered and consulted.

Neither had experience before taking over the reins at CR, and both were internal appointments if I remember correctly.

While Roeder was not without experience, and Hughhton certainly had several years of experience behind him, and they hardly impressed in the end.

It''s the man, not the experience which matters ultimately, and so far Adams has looked promising, although I do not underrate his task.