Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

So what is Adams' vision of the "Norwich Way"?

After all this talk about the Norwich way, it seems that Neil''s vision for the club was fundamental to his appointment. So how do people think Adams will attempt to set us up? A lot of buzzwords which don''t mean anything have been used so far such as looking to score more goals, attacking play and other such platitudes. For what its worth I think Neil will place an awful lot of emphasis on quick transitions, looking to keep the ball on the deck but counter-attack quickly. I think Neil will encourage the players to be penetrative with possession rather than looking to retain the ball at all costs, which will likely mean that we lose possession a few times per game, meaning that we need to be resilient to the counter-attack. Defence is my biggest concern with this new approach. Depending on the state of our strike-force and midfield I think we should have enough to score against most teams in the Champs, but we need to get the organisation right at the back. I felt this was a real weakness in the games Neil managed at the end of this season, with players not keeping their shape in defensive situations, often leaving runners unmarked at set-pieces. I hope that the new coaching team address this weakness over the summer, but I am broadly positive about the approach Neil will adopt. Hopefully the introduction of the technical director will ensure the players are adequate in terms of fitness, and Neil will be allowed to get on with footballing matters.

Not usually one to bump my own posts, but thought this was a topic worthy of discussion (you may disagree), as so much emphasis has been placed on the "Norwich way" concept.

A passing game built on midfield interplay and quick ball to the wings with a ''little and large'' strike force, the smaller striker as predator and the larger as target man and hold up expert.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]A passing game built on midfield interplay and quick ball to the wings with a ''little and large'' strike force, the smaller striker as predator and the larger as target man and hold up expert.[/quote]

Like when we had Ted Mac Dougal and Phil Boyer ... bor ?

Nice :)

My era and our "way". See also Rosario and Fleck, Roberts and Bellamy, etc. The key is he ball playing midfielder and this must be sorted in the transfer window.

I fail to get this concept. What really is the " Norwich way?" Is it like the "West Ham way?" Even that lot down the road opine the "Ipswich way"  and it seems all other clubs fantasise about their particular "way" as well.

It is invariably open, free-flowing attacking football and the passing game on the ground culminating with speedy skilful wingers rounding the full back before putting precise crosses over.

Now the "John Bond way" or the "Chris Hughton way." Now that would make sense.  

My thoughts on ''the Norwich way'' is a high pressing energetic game based around getting the ball forward as quickly as possible, pacy direct wingers and a big man up top. That''s what''s brought us the most success in my 12 or so years of supporting the club.

Is it any wonder then that Hughtons slow paced, 0 energy game based around standing off, retreating and slow build up play was so unpopular? :P

What was said but not quoted often is the explanation "to entertain the fans".

We do not like defensive football, unless the circumstances call for it (- like the recent game against Chelsea, where we played Mourinho at his own occasional defensive game.)

CR has a long tradition of playing good, inter-passing football, and most fans seem to like this. One of the disappointing things about the present squad is the two interrelated failures - to run into space to invite a pass and to pass accurately. Many, if not most of our players struggle to pass well. I had hoped that Fer would encourage the others, but he seems to have given up.

If Adams can get the midfield passing well, and retaining possession rather then giving it away, and with quick wingers who can be released into space, then we could be much improved. There is also the little matter of converting chances when they arise!

The Norwich way is what the supporters have dictated and cherished for a long, long time.

Managers and players come and go but the Norwich Way should be sustained. The esteem that our club is held in by real football supporters is evidence of this.

Trying to win games by taking the initiative is the Norwich way and not playing for boring draws or a lucky goal to snatch a 1-0.