Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

David Fox gone

I''m confident that had Fox had been playing all season, he''d have provided RvW with the ammo to score 30 goals this season, and we would be comfortably above Manure in the table rather than relegated. At least that''s how it works on football manager.

Fox is now 30 and hasn''t barely played for 2 years.

To write his performances off in a Norwich shirt as "never better than ok" though is a joke!

He was awesome in the Chanpionship, and he was awesome in the first season back in the PL.. I don''t care what anyone thinks!

He has played a couple of times for us, didn''t look great or cover himself in glory in those appearances.

Also went out on loan and from what I have seen on that - hardly tore up roots there either.

He was an essential part of our promotion squad but then so was Tierney, Crofts, Ward, Whitbread, Jackson and a few others who have since moved on.

Like those, his time with us may well be seen as the high point in his career.

Nothing bad to say about him, he needs regular footy at this point in his career - and perhaps to start thinking ahead to the next step in his life as well.

If he does go, it will be because the club has declined to take up the option of a further year - as per the contract he signed last summer. To be honest either he wishes to go and they are respecting this or the manager who is likely to sign has been consulted and does not see him as having a future.

Hugely over rated by some fans, but played his part and credit to him for that.All the best for the future ( this move should have happened 2 years ago)

Was the best crosser of the ball in all of Europe''s top divisions in our first season back in the prem.

He seemed to hit shots with a sponge attached to his boot, no power or conviction just wanted to hit the target!

[quote user="skittles"]He seemed to hit shots with a sponge attached to his boot, no power or conviction just wanted to hit the target![/quote]Shocking behaviour; wanting to hit the target (!)Whereas Redmond shows the way with the ''power'' and ''conviction'' and highlighting to all how hitting the target really ain''t all it''s cracked up to be.[pmsl]

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="skittles"]He seemed to hit shots with a sponge attached to his boot, no power or conviction just wanted to hit the target![/quote]Shocking behaviour; wanting to hit the target (!)Whereas Redmond shows the way with the ''power'' and ''conviction'' and highlighting to all how hitting the target really ain''t all it''s cracked up to be.[pmsl][/quote]

In the sense that he was to afraid to put his boot through it and perhaps miss the target once in a while, where as Johnson would do that,hitting the bar or post or skying it. Don''t use someone like Redmond to fiut your agenda!! Do you understand now????

Was a massive player in getting us promoted and was also part of most of our best performances under Lambert in our first prem season.

Not sure how people can claim people praising him is `becchio syndrome` since becchio has never done anything for us, Fox has.

Some people don''t like the idea that Fox was on a technical level a fantastically gifted footballer and despite the millions we''ve spent since him we''ve still not had a better long-passer.

He couldn''t and shouldn''t have played every game under Hughton but he certainly should have been utilised more.

One of my favourite players under the Lambert era - the stat about his crossing ability - something I never knew but didn''t really surprise me!

I think people are underestimating what he did for us last time he was in the championship. Was phenomenal at the base of the diamond, a very hard role to play. He didn''t play in the prem because he''s not good enough to play in the prem on a regular basis, it doesn''t mean that he''s a bad player. A good championship player, but seeing as though we still have the players atm from the premiership, then he will no doubt be on the reserves or subs bench

we haven''t had an awesome player since Hucks and Dion?

what about f*cking Grant Holt?

If you believe Dublin was better than Holty during his at City it says a lot about your opinion..

100% agree with hogestar..

Whilst i''m not saying he''s the answer to our current problems, saying he was only "average" in a City shirt is embarrassing.

He was voted our 3rd best player in our first season back in the Premier League.. which tells you exactly how he performed that season.

[quote user="hogesar"]Was a massive player in getting us promoted and was also part of most of our best performances under Lambert in our first prem season.

Not sure how people can claim people praising him is `becchio syndrome` since becchio has never done anything for us, Fox has.

Some people don''t like the idea that Fox was on a technical level a fantastically gifted footballer and despite the millions we''ve spent since him we''ve still not had a better long-passer.

He couldn''t and shouldn''t have played every game under Hughton but he certainly should have been utilised more.[/quote]Spot on!

Good player.

My only real problem with him at Premier League level is his lack of pace/mobility. But I have that same problem with Johnson. Teams can run past them too easily, once they''re turned they''re out of the game.

I always thought that maybe we could have done with having at least one of Surman or Fox available as an option this season for their ability to provide quality passes to other yellow shirts.

Going into last season it was always a bit of a concern for me that we only really had Fer, Tettey, Johnson and Howson to pick from. Especially when you''re looking to play 3 at a time, there''s not a lot of depth or options. Tettey''s injury record suggested he wouldn''t make a full season and we had to hope Fer adapted to playing in the Prem without too much difficulty.

I understand Johnson might provide a little more muscle and win a few more headers in the middle of the park but by Premier League standards he gives the ball away a lot (too much) and maybe there was scope to include someone who could make better use of possession.

It was short-sighted of Hughton, in my opinion.

[quote user="skittles"]In the sense that he was to afraid to put his boot through it and perhaps miss the target once in a while, where as Johnson would do that,hitting the bar or post or skying it. Don''t use someone like Redmond to fiut your agenda!! Do you understand now????[/quote]Ooh; nerve struck. What''s my agenda then? I wasn''t aware I have one.  

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Confirmed today by Neil Adams.

There you go guys, not everything you read on the internet is rubbish.

This gives me a 100% success rate as an ITK :)
[/quote]

Sorry to rain on your parade a little but I had already posted a couple of times in recent weeks that Fox and family have moved on.

;-)

Fair enough, I''m new here.Still, I didn''t see that and my ''source'' didn''t need the pink''un to know this as he is friends with them - so I''ve still got a 100% 1-0 ITK record.Woohooo! I''m officially retiring as an ITK poster and carrying on as a NAFCP (not a feckin clue poster), unless I can magically become friends with somebody who is friends with a player again, at which point I''ll come out of retirement like Paul Scholes.(if you want a reason why he wants to move, he wants to get up near his dad, former Stoke keeper, who is in a spot of bother).

Fox was good but didn''t really do much whilst on loan at Barnsley - 7 appearances in 3 mths. A true example of someone being considered better just by not playing. Need to move on - he doesn''t score at all which is a real problem. I wouldn''t be surprised if he only finds himself playing at L1 level next year.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]A true example of someone being considered better just by not playing.[/quote]Not this bull$hit again is it?He was excellent in our CCC season, he was also very good in our first season in the prem, with a degree of passing accuracy and level of distribution that was as good as almost anyone else in European football and better than most in the prem (shame he didn''t possess many of their other attributes on top of this such as pace, strength or shooting).The guy who was considered pretty much first choice at the base of the diamond by Lambert suddenly becomes $hit overnight because Hughton doesn''t like him???Seriously, WTF are some of our posters on? Fox was treated like garbage by Hughton, was given little to no chance to impress (and probably would have failed in Hughtons dire "don''t pass it to anyone bar Snoddy" system anyway) and by the time the loans came around, he''d already missed over a year of football for no good reason.Quite why some feel the need to drag down the performances of one of our better players in those excellent Lambert years is beyond me, Fox wasn''t considered better by simply not playing, he was considered better because unlike players such as Johnson - he can actually pass a ball consistently and he gave us genuine options in the middle for both distribution and attacking play...

Best passer of a ball i''ve seen at City since Ian Crook.I''ll still be able to see that cross at Portsmouth on my death bed.But after a layoff of two years, it''s probably for the best.Cheers Foxy!