Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

David Fox gone

As a high performer in the Cody McDonald memorial trophy I commend him.

He was great in that championship season tbf, good eye for a pass, but that is not enough at premier league level.

True, but would you stay here if you were him? He''s not been treated particularly well and frankly we can''t guarantee him football. How many teams have a "quarterback" that just sprays balls about (good quality passes no doubt)

He lacks the versatility to be a consistent midfielder, doesn''t mean he''s a bad one it just means players like Howson are going to play a lot more than him.

Always liked him as a player, and I''ll always remember him for THAT ball for THAT goal!Will always have a small part in City folklore.All the best Foxy! [Y]

Always makes me smile when I see comments relating to players not geing treated well. Certainly moving on is the right option... 

From what I''ve heard previously Fox has loved living in the area and harbours no bitterness or resentment, feels privileged to have made it back to the top level with us. He is apparently the most relaxed guy you could care to meet so sure he isn''t moaning about being treated badly, has always been a good pro.

Decent player, but needs a manager like Lambert to get the best out of him.Remember the good times.

[quote user="Buh"]True, but would you stay here if you were him? He''s not been treated particularly well and frankly we can''t guarantee him football. How many teams have a "quarterback" that just sprays balls about (good quality passes no doubt)

He lacks the versatility to be a consistent midfielder, doesn''t mean he''s a bad one it just means players like Howson are going to play a lot more than him.[/quote]If we had stayed up and kept Hughton I could see why he would have left. Right now it would probably be wise to wait and see who the new manager is and whether it is someone who would be more appreciative of his playing style.With a new league, new manager and new coaching staff it will be like playing for a new club anyway just without the inconvenience of relocating.

Holtcantshoot, a player can sign a contract to join another team anything up to six months before their contract is due to expire. So a player who has a deal until 31st June can sign a contract for another club in January. May not be as simple as you make out.

Was one of my favourite players in the Lambert era, and I still feel he has something to offer. Not a complete player, but very good at dictating the pace of a game, and I feel it is something that we have been missing from our midfield. Now we''re back in the Championship I think he would be a very useful asset if properly utilised- someone like Zola would likely get the best out of him. That said if he is unlikely to play many games I could understand why he would move on, and I would wish him well. He helped create some great memories for me as a fan.

A part of me has died :(

Been a good player for this club, one of my fav players. Technically, a good footballer who should''ve had more game time.

We missed a player of his ilk and should''ve upgraded and went for huddlestone....

Good luck foxy. I have the last shirt her wore for a first team game :)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]A part of me has died :(

Been a good player for this club, one of my fav players. Technically, a good footballer who should''ve had more game time.

We missed a player of his ilk and should''ve upgraded and went for huddlestone....

Good luck foxy. I have the last shirt her wore for a first team game :)[/quote]

Take it down the Antiques Roadshow...it''s definitely rare...when was his last game? Was it his horrifically inept display in the Cup replay against Fulham?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I have the last shirt her wore for a first team game :)[/quote]Did you get her bra as well? [:D]

Fox''s passing ability was tremendous, he would never get caught in possession and he was a vital link between our defence and midfielders/strikers. Everytime he received the ball he would do something with it. Something we''ve been missing all season.

But of course he could only pick a pass, and Fer and co have been doing that with ease all season? He couldn''t chip in with goals, but Johnson and Co can''t stop banging them? And he couldn''t tackle, but Howson and Co have been brick walls in front of the defence?

In first our first season back in the PL he finished 3rd in the POTS voting. Another victim of Chris Hughton.

Good luck Foxy!

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Holtcantshoot, a player can sign a contract to join another team anything up to six months before their contract is due to expire. So a player who has a deal until 31st June can sign a contract for another club in January. May not be as simple as you make out.[/quote]

This isn''t true. The rule only applies for oversees players.

Clearly he had to go. Doesn''t have the passing ability of Johnson or the subtle touch of Tettey. More worryingly he might know who the new manager will be and doesn''t want to watch the ball sailing over his head for 90 minutes.

You guys don''t half make me chuckle, its what keeps me coming back here lol.

Was never better than ok? Are you being serious?

If you actually watched Norwich in the Championship and the first PL season you''d have seen Fox was key in everything we done.

One thing that''s been missing in our midfield is a player with Fox''s passing ability..

Despite playing against top opposition you would very rarely see him mis-place a pass or get caught in possession.

[quote user="STAN"]Was never better than ok? Are you being serious?

If you actually watched Norwich in the Championship and the first PL season you''d have seen Fox was key in everything we done.

One thing that''s been missing in our midfield is a player with Fox''s passing ability..

Despite playing against top opposition you would very rarely see him mis-place a pass or get caught in possession.[/quote]On that basis its amazing that Paul Lambert hasn''t put a bid in for him.