Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Morning news.....

This may have already been reported, but apparently Culverhouse has been sacked by Villa. Would he be someone to work with Neil? Allegedly he was the brains in the Lambert partnership.

Secondly, The Sun (I know....) are reporting that Wessi has handed in another transfer request. Granted it''s only that rag, but it''s a fairly outlandish statement otherwise.

Thirdly, Holt has been told he''s not required and will be available on the cheap......

Having Holt back would certainly piss our scummy neighbours off though...lol They hate him.

I would have Culverhoyse back, Holt on a one year, and as for Wes if he doesn''t want to be here he can s..d off

I doubt Holt would come back, and we shouldn''t take him in my opinion. We need to look forward now.

I think it was a mistake to get rid of holt in the first place. He would have given us a bit if steel. Let''s face it he wouldn''t have been worse than that preening, lazy p@&£k RVW. As for Wes - he''s not as good as he thinks he is

Maybe in hindsight that is true, but he''s now another year older. It would be a backwards step.

culverhouse yes,

holt? well not the holt of last season; if he can regain the spark we love then its a maybe, but really we need to look forward

wessi - woah, really, shock news. shame but hardly a bolt from the blue. replace him with joe cole

do we really know if we "got rid of" holt?

hughtons first act to was to stop him leaving, suggesting he was very much wanted he, not to be got rid of, (ie he wanted to go) and then he soon moved his family back north, which seemed to be the prime move in he and the club heading in different directions?

i do think his time here is done

Take Holty on a ''pay as you play'' contract.....But first, ban him from Nando''s then wire Holty''s jaws together for the close season and feed him just blended water cress, cucumber and celery smoothies.......Then he''ll be a lean mean fightin'' machine ready to batter the Championship defences come August....

I''d have him back.....like a shot......He''s a Talisman and a leader.....and irritates the fug out of the opposition.....

Joe Cole ? No thanks, only player who ive seen released who we realistically afford etc is Jack Collison.

Culverhouse - Yes, he is better than Steve Foley?!

Hoolahan - Can''t comment, don''t know his mindset. Can still unlock a few defences...

Holt - Would love him to play another season here. Be like Elmander with the obvious benefit of scoring far more goals...

Disagree totally. Time to look to the future. Would like to see the Murphy''s etc get more game time. One who I think may get more involved is Adel Gafaiti. Very promising player. Get another experienced CH in to help him and Bennett along.

canarycop,

I think your wish may come true, I think he will either become part of the squad immediately after pre-season, depending of course on how he performs, or will go on loan for a month or two and then come back into the squad. Being U21 he does not of course count toward the 25 man squad and given that he will have been registered for 3 years in domestic football (he is French/Agerian) by the time he is 21, he will be considered ''homegrown'' too, along with our other youngsters of course.

We should never have let Holt go and I said at the time that we should have kept him at least until Xmas as insurance against failure of other strikers. He left because he hated Hughton''s brand of football IMO. If he is available we should bring him back for a year.

Not too bothered about Hoolahan as he gives away possession far too much due to his greed on the ball.

Culverhouse would a great addition to our 1st team coaching staff. He recommended most of the signings and coached the team under Lambert!

Holt wanted to leave. We had to persuade him to stay the last half season he had with us and his lack of passion in this time indicates this. Never keep anyone who doesn''t want to be there!

I laugh at anyone who suggests we shouldn''t have let him go!

Hes a year older now with his family up North. I don''t think it would work out now. He''d be worse than Fleck was during his 2nd spell with us!

Not certain there is 25 man limit to squad in Championship. Hope we can exploit loan system better Lansbury remember him.

[quote user="pete"]Not certain there is 25 man limit to squad in Championship. Hope we can exploit loan system better Lansbury remember him.[/quote]You''re right Pete, there''s no 25 man limit on squad size outside of the top flight.

pete,

I think these are still the rules?

"The limiting of squads to 25 players over 21 years-of-age of which 10 should be homegrown is the most significant development to come out of this week’s Football League AGM held in Malta."

This was published in 2010 so it may have changed since then. They did tinker with the number of subs for a year, dropping it to 5 but then put it back up to 7 a year later.