Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

positive view on Adams

Well with all the negativity about , just thought i would try and look at some positives.

Is the reason it took the club two weeks to appoint him the fact that they''ve gone round all the players and they''ve given their backing and want to play for him.thus keep the vast majority of the team together.

Also the fact he knows the club inside out ,has watched more of us than probably anyone else.He knows the players and knows what sort of players he will want to bring to the club.

Going into the Chelsea game I thought what is he doing with this side, that said i liked the fact he was prepared to make mass changes and pull something out of the bag.

i would much prefer to have him at the helm than Malky, we should get good entertaining football for start.

you never know we might just of unearthed a little gem in Neil yet.

There never was any good reason to appoint adams as manager. It wasn''t a brave choice, it was a stupid one compounded by stupid statements about scouring Europe.

He may work, he may not. I hope he does, as he''s now in charge of our club. And pulled something out of the bag at chelsea , that was madness, a point never was going to be any good there but he still played for one,no strikers.

I''m still furious at the board for doing this.

There is a great deal of criticism against Adams, and I suspect that deep down there is anger that Adams was appointed rather than the potential managers supported by various factions, in other words people are attacking him because of who he isn''t.

He has not failed. The final four games were always going to be non-productive, - something many have been saying all season. He didn''t produce the miracle with a deeply demoralised teams with no effective strikers and other players incapable of passing accurately but very capable of making errors. He did fail, but we did see a measure of improvement, we created chances which were spurned, and gave away goals by the carelessness which has afflicted us all season.

We now have the suggestion from Mick Dennis that he had two situations of discipline within the squad, which may account for regular players being relegated to the bench. I think that McN was referring to this as much to the improvement in playing commitment, when he said that the Board were impressed by the way that Adams had managed things.Fer and Bassong,among others, had seemingly given up, so the effective resources available to Adams were reduced, and his team were playing top four clubs who were most definitely not at the beach.

Nevertheless it was a failure, if a gallant one. Otherwise during his long time at CR he has impressed, and latterly as an astute judge of football and players, capable of maximising chances by analysing the opposition and by being prepared to chance and adapt. Apart from the malcontents, who have their own reasons for underperforming, he seems to have the willing support of the squad, - three or four have already come out and said that they are staying.

So I, for one, have a positive view on Adams, and I am glad that he was appointed. (Some of the alternatives, who may have reached the shot-list I was alarmed about, and I was hoping that if it was other than Adams it would be someone whose name had not been mentioned previously.)