Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

I honestly thought McNally knew what he was doing, But now....

He has quickly developed into a corrupt embarrassment; most likely down to drinking too much of the Red stuff with Delia.

We are F''d in the A under Adams. All that money and such pitiful desire from the board. I diagnose tight ass syndrome, yet again.

I. for one have totally given up on them. With so many better manager options at easy dispense this appointment is sad beyond belief. I actually had a bad dream about this happening, and woke up and thought thank F££K it didn''t happen. But now it has. And now I will live that nightmare for a year. Or shorter I hope.

McNally made this choice, so the obvious future failure lands on him. 5 months from he will hear chants for your head.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid, bloody moron.

Of course he made the choice. He is in charge. He takes the plaudits when things go well and hides when things are going badly (as he did for most if Kat season). He''s a politician (but not as good as he thinks) and he hides behind this image of being a puppet just in case the decision doesn''t work out. He treats us like mugs.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]He has quickly developed into a corrupt embarrassment; most likely down to drinking too much of the Red stuff with Delia.

We are F''d in the A under Adams. All that money and such pitiful desire from the board. I diagnose tight ass syndrome, yet again.

I. for one have totally given up on them. With so many better manager options at easy dispense this appointment is sad beyond belief. I actually had a bad dream about this happening, and woke up and thought thank F££K it didn''t happen. But now it has. And now I will live that nightmare for a year. Or shorter I hope.

McNally made this choice, so the obvious future failure lands on him. 5 months from he will hear chants for your head.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid, bloody moron.[/quote]

I''d add your name to this list " not going anymore " but it''s along way from India

You can add him to the "Total knobhead" list as well if you like

What a complete fu£king disgrace that post is.

I''m not even going to say go and support another club "Thecanaryfan" (what a joke) I''m going to say go and support a different SPORT.

McNally may have suggested the appointment of Aadams, but it was a unanimous decision by the Board. As CEO he is answerable to the Board, ultimately even for day-to-day decisions.

There may be better management options about. Are you suggesting that both men in the press conference were laying when they said that they had looked? The problem is that not many of the better managers want to come to a newly relegated side in the Championship- Lennon has cut himself adrift from Celtic and seemingly has no prospect in mind, yet did not fancy Norwich! There may be better around, but they are managing successful clubs with prospects of honours to be won, and we would have to engage in expesnive battles with their clubs.

We don''t know which applicants reached the short-list, and we may never know. We do know that one or two favoured by posters on this board, e.g. Zola, have been sacked at least once. Most of the unemployed managers have failed at least once - Lennon is the exception.

I don''t know what will happen next season, but it will not make the job of Adams and his assistants any easier if we constantly bitch about the club or seize on any slight reason to criticise in intemperate language.

Neil''s the ideal candidate for the hierarchy that rule the roost.......as he''s a genuinely nice bloke - who won''t rock the board, and in turn, the boat that is the good ship ''Carra''.....A Peter Grant type.....or not dissimilar.....and Grant had the integrity to fall on his sword when he knew he was out of his depth......

I personally felt that the given solo interview pitch side on the local news last night by our Chief Exec when questioned by the interviewer regarding Neil''s appointment - in my opinion, when answering, he just didn''t come across as the confident, composed and air of authority chap - that he usually portrays when interviewed.....

I really want Neil to do well and prove to those that doubt his credentials and ability to succeed to lead us into battle and to ultimately achieve the task, which is our rapid return to the top-flight......It''s going to be difficult and an awesome and frustrating challenge. I wonder if the ''War Chest'' entrusted and offered to Neil, to hit that extremely difficult target - will be substantive enough to achieve that challenge.....?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Neil''s the ideal candidate for the hierarchy that rule the roost.......as he''s a genuinely nice bloke - who won''t rock the board, and in turn, the boat that is the good ship ''Carra''.....A Peter Grant type.....or not dissimilar.....and Grant had the integrity to fall on his sword when he knew he was out of his depth......

I personally felt that the given solo interview pitch side on the local news last night by our Chief Exec when questioned by the interviewer regarding Neil''s appointment - in my opinion, when answering, he just didn''t come across as the confident, composed and air of authority chap - that he usually portrays when interviewed.....

I really want Neil to do well and prove to those that doubt his credentials and ability to succeed to lead us into battle and to ultimately achieve the task, which is our rapid return to the top-flight......It''s going to be difficult and an awesome and frustrating challenge. I wonder if the ''War Chest'' entrusted and offered to Neil, to hit that extremely difficult target - will be substantive enough to achieve that challenge.....?

[/quote]How come, then, the hierarchy (by which you mean Smith and Jones) ignored Adams and made Mackay their first choice? Someone who is no more anyone''s idea of "little Norwich" than was Martin O''Neill and has shown, particularly at Cardiff, that he is a tough street-fighter quite willing to be unpopular with a club''s hierarchy. So much so it got him sacked.Our hierarchy got it right. Despite McNally''s previous doubts about Mackay they went for him - the best candidate out of a not very promising field. But if the best candidate makes it plain we are not his first choice then we have to start looking at those below our first choice, all of whom have question-marks against them. Would you have had them pick Zola, with his record of failure, just because he had no connection with the club? Ditto Lennon, with no relevant managerial experience?

I agree with the sentiment but at what point do you think we should moan about bad decisions or lack of action at all? We are living this mess because we don''t complain enough in my opinion?

The simple matter is that In January when the supporters could see that CH was going backwards we could have appointed a decent Manager (poyet for instance) and stayed up. But we didn''t because Hughton was a "nice guy" and a pal of the board. Now we could be in the Championship for some time.

But, Adams is in and I hope he does well. But if he doesn''t I reserve the right to have a go at the people in charge again.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

How come, then, the hierarchy (by which you mean Smith and Jones) ignored Adams and made Mackay their first choice? Someone who is no more anyone''s idea of "little Norwich" than was Martin O''Neill and has shown, particularly at Cardiff, that he is a tough street-fighter quite willing to be unpopular with a club''s hierarchy. So much so it got him sacked.

Our hierarchy got it right. Despite McNally''s previous doubts about Mackay they went for him - the best candidate out of a not very promising field. But if the best candidate makes it plain we are not his first choice then we have to start looking at those below our first choice, all of whom have question-marks against them.

Would you have had them pick Zola, with his record of failure, just because he had no connection with the club? Ditto Lennon, with no relevant managerial experience?

[/quote]

Why just nit-pick a selective line? Why not comment on the paragraph that I highlighted in black or whether they''re going to entrust NA with sufficient funds to attempt to achieve the task?

Unless you have an inside contact and were privy to or part of the selection process - you haven''t a clue as much as anyone who contributes to this forum - of the TRUE and FACTUAL reasons, as to why Mackay wasn''t offered or turned down the job.....I am strangely enough, actually aware of Malky''s personality and no-nonsense traits.....Malky''s demands (in my opinion) were beyond what the board were willing to accept.....Possibly financially, his salary - or the war chest offered - and maybe concerning the use of youth players etc......who outside of the corridors of power really knows eh? In many business appointments (as I''m sure that you will be aware of) the position is put out to tender - when in reality, they already have an insider shoe-filler pencilled in - but have to proceed with going through the process - so as not to be accused of nepotism, favouritism and the like.....Zola I feel was a non-starter.....but was just a stocking filler.....I thought maybe Steve Clarke should have been approached.....But, for well over a quarter of a century that I''ve supported the club (and I renewed my ST before the first deadline) I expected nothing less from the announcement by those who control the purse strings at NCFC of the appointment of NA as manager......I also fully expected the furore and angst regarding the announcement of NA''s appointment......

I like NA and would more than anyone like him to succeed in achieving the most difficult task that is getting us promoted....He was in my opinion, the easy option, although, not a total ''yes man''.....but unlikely to cause ructions to those at the helm.....The board (in my opinion) had to be seen to be doing to appoint a manager, that is acceptable to the punters. But personally and in my opinion, it was always going to be NA for the job.....The embarrassed and uncomfortable demeanour I perceived of our CE when giving the solo interview on the local news - summed it up for me....and Bowkett looked rather uncomfortable when the words ''cheap option'' was suggested.....  

But at the end of the day, I''m just a humble football supporter - and this is just a football forum......but to some people, it seems to be their entire life...... "TOOT TOOT!" 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]How come, then, the hierarchy (by which you mean Smith and Jones) ignored Adams and made Mackay their first choice? Someone who is no more anyone''s idea of "little Norwich" than was Martin O''Neill and has shown, particularly at Cardiff, that he is a tough street-fighter quite willing to be unpopular with a club''s hierarchy. So much so it got him sacked.Our hierarchy got it right. Despite McNally''s previous doubts about Mackay they went for him - the best candidate out of a not very promising field. But if the best candidate makes it plain we are not his first choice then we have to start looking at those below our first choice, all of whom have question-marks against them.Would you have had them pick Zola, with his record of failure, just because he had no connection with the club? Ditto Lennon, with no relevant managerial experience?[/quote]

Why just nit-pick a selective line? Why not comment on the paragraph that I highlighted in black or whether they''re going to entrust NA with sufficient funds to attempt to achieve the task?

Unless you have an inside contact and were privy to or part of the selection process - you haven''t a clue as much as anyone who contributes to this forum - of the TRUE and FACTUAL reasons, as to why Mackay wasn''t offered or turned down the job.....I am strangely enough, actually aware of Malky''s personality and no-nonsense traits.....Malky''s demands (in my opinion) were beyond what the board were willing to accept.....Possibly financially, his salary - or the war chest offered - and maybe concerning the use of youth players etc......who outside of the corridors of power really knows eh? In many business appointments (as I''m sure that you will be aware of) the position is put out to tender - when in reality, they already have an insider shoe-filler pencilled in - but have to proceed with going through the process - so as not to be accused of nepotism, favouritism and the like.....Zola I feel was a non-starter.....but was just a stocking filler.....I thought maybe Steve Clarke should have been approached.....But, for well over a quarter of a century that I''ve supported the club (and I renewed my ST before the first deadline) I expected nothing less from the announcement by those who control the purse strings at NCFC of the appointment of NA as manager......I also fully expected the furore and angst regarding the announcement of NA''s appointment......

I like NA and would more than anyone like him to succeed in achieving the most difficult task that is getting us promoted....He was in my opinion, the easy option, although, not a total ''yes man''.....but unlikely to cause ructions to those at the helm.....The board (in my opinion) had to be seen to be doing to appoint a manager, that is acceptable to the punters. But personally and in my opinion, it was always going to be NA for the job.....The embarrassed and uncomfortable demeanour I perceived of our CE when giving the solo interview on the local news - summed it up for me....and Bowkett looked rather uncomfortable when the words ''cheap option'' was suggested.....  

But at the end of the day, I''m just a humble football supporter - and this is just a football forum......but to some people, it seems to be their entire life...... "TOOT TOOT!" 

[/quote]You are contradicting yourself. You are effectively agreeing Mackay was the first choice by saying you think his demands were too much for the board to accept but then - based on no evidence at all  - turn round and say you think it was always going to be Adams. The only way that could work would be if the board (we mean Smith and Jones here) were simply hoping Mackay would reject the job.The point is the board, headed by Smith and Jones, got it right. They picked the right man. What they couldn''t do anything about was the right man not picking us.As to Bowkett and McNally looking incomfortable, well of course they would. It was because they knew perfectly well that everyone knew Adams was not the first choice. Hence some of those very carefully-crafted statements trying to explain away the delay and talking about a "top choice" rather than "first choice" to try to give the impression Adams had been what he clearly wasn''t.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

How come, then, the hierarchy (by which you mean Smith and Jones) ignored Adams and made Mackay their first choice? Someone who is no more anyone''s idea of "little Norwich" than was Martin O''Neill and has shown, particularly at Cardiff, that he is a tough street-fighter quite willing to be unpopular with a club''s hierarchy. So much so it got him sacked.

Our hierarchy got it right. Despite McNally''s previous doubts about Mackay they went for him - the best candidate out of a not very promising field. But if the best candidate makes it plain we are not his first choice then we have to start looking at those below our first choice, all of whom have question-marks against them.

Would you have had them pick Zola, with his record of failure, just because he had no connection with the club? Ditto Lennon, with no relevant managerial experience?

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself. You are effectively agreeing Mackay was the first choice by saying you think his demands were too much for the board to accept but then - based on no evidence at all  - turn round and say you think it was always going to be Adams. The only way that could work would be if the board (we mean Smith and Jones here) were simply hoping Mackay would reject the job.

The point is the board, headed by Smith and Jones, got it right. They picked the right man. What they couldn''t do anything about was the right man not picking us.

As to Bowkett and McNally looking incomfortable, well of course they would. It was because they knew perfectly well that everyone knew Adams was not the first choice. Hence some of those very carefully-crafted statements trying to explain away the delay and talking about a "top choice" rather than "first choice" to try to give the impression Adams had been what he clearly wasn''t.
[/quote]

OK, I''ll have another go......

I didn''t in any of my above comments actually state or agree that Malky was first choice, Malky is ambitious and I wouldn''t be surprised if he gets the Celtic or the Baggies job.....I think our board were aware of that.....They were in my opinion, protecting their positions and had to (supposedly in 14 days) scour Northern Europe and the UK to find a Messiah....

Malky probably turned up, invited and to see what was on offer, bearing in mind Malky had and spent much more than quite a healthy budget at Cardiff. He was then interviewed and in my ''opinion'' gave his demands, of which the board were always going to take a sharp intake of breath, but were pre-emptive and actually expecting excessive financial demands - and were primed to deem them unacceptable - which then probably made him not the first choice.....It''s called, ''going through the motions'' possibly to show the punters they were seeking a credible appointment, when actually in my opinion, they had chosen their man. It''s like me going to a car showroom, sitting in an Audi, but really going to buy a 2 year old Skoda from down the road. 

If the board had appointed Adams straight after our fall from grace and the support were still in uproar and spitting feathers, it would have put them in more than just a bad light.....The heat''s died down, they''ve rode the storm of the media and the pressure has eased, the forthcoming World Cup will distract from recent events at NCFC, and before you know it, it''s early August and the season starts.....The board got off lightly once again......Credit to them, they''ve played a blinder......

I in my opinion, think Neil''s demands were wholly acceptable to the board - and of which in my opinion were probably discussed and known, then put forward when he was given the position of (did they ever state) interim manager?...... Did they just pull Neil out of Colney and say, ''right, Hughton''s been relieved of his position - and now you''ve got the tiller to steer us out of danger''....."G''urn son, there''s a crock o'' gold at the end of the season if you do it!".....NO, I think the board also discussed with NA what they would do if the probable/unthinkable happened - and relegation was confirmed.....and what NA would do to rebuild and repair and hopefully, make Phoenix rise from the ashes..... 

It''s all about the money......If unfortunately we fail, it''s going to cost the NCFC Board a lot more than that......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]OK, I''ll have another go......

I didn''t in any of my above comments actually state or agree that Malky was first choice, Malky is ambitious and I wouldn''t be surprised if he gets the Celtic or the Baggies job.....I think our board were aware of that.....They were in my opinion, protecting their positions and had to (supposedly in 14 days) scour Northern Europe and the UK to find a Messiah....

Malky probably turned up, invited and to see what was on offer, bearing in mind Malky had and spent much more than quite a healthy budget at Cardiff. He was then interviewed and in my ''opinion'' gave his demands, of which the board were always going to take a sharp intake of breath, but were pre-emptive and actually expecting excessive financial demands - and were primed to deem them unacceptable - which then probably made him not the first choice.....It''s called, ''going through the motions'' possibly to show the punters they were seeking a credible appointment, when actually in my opinion, they had chosen their man. It''s like me going to a car showroom, sitting in an Audi, but really going to buy a 2 year old Skoda from down the road. 

If the board had appointed Adams straight after our fall from grace and the support were still in uproar and spitting feathers, it would have put them in more than just a bad light.....The heat''s died down, they''ve rode the storm of the media and the pressure has eased, the forthcoming World Cup will distract from recent events at NCFC, and before you know it, it''s early August and the season starts.....The board got off lightly once again......Credit to them, they''ve played a blinder......

I in my opinion, think Neil''s demands were wholly acceptable to the board - and of which in my opinion were probably discussed and known, then put forward when he was given the position of (did they ever state) interim manager?...... Did they just pull Neil out of Colney and say, ''right, Hughton''s been relieved of his position - and now you''ve got the tiller to steer us out of danger''....."G''urn son, there''s a crock o'' gold at the end of the season if you do it!".....NO, I think the board also discussed with NA what they would do if the probable/unthinkable happened - and relegation was confirmed.....and what NA would do to rebuild and repair and hopefully, make Phoenix rise from the ashes..... 

It''s all about the money......If unfortunately we fail, it''s going to cost the NCFC Board a lot more than that......

[/quote]Stupendous, mello. Which bit of:"Unless you have an inside contact and were privy to or part of the

selection process - you haven''t a clue as much as anyone who contributes

to this forum..."
...do you not remember posting? You doubt my version, which fits all the known facts to a T, and come up with an alternative version that goes against the known facts and fits only your long-running anti-Smith and Jones agenda.
Two final points. I enjoyed your earlier little "get a life" dig - the "I''m just a humble football supporter - and this is just a football forum......but to some people, it seems to be their entire life.."It might have carried more weight if your post count was lower than mine rather than, as it is, being markedly higher. As to the boast that you renewed your 2014-15 season ticket before the first deadline, that is admirable. It really is. I renewed mine for next season in February 2009. I don''t know whether that is more admirable, but it certainly saved me a great deal of money. What you might call prudence with optimism...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]OK, I''ll have another go......

[/quote]

Stupendous, mello. Which bit of:

"Unless you have an inside contact and were privy to or part of the selection process - you haven''t a clue as much as anyone who contributes to this forum..."

...do you not remember posting? You doubt my version, which fits all the known facts to a T, and come up with an alternative version that goes against the known facts and fits only your long-running anti-Smith and Jones agenda.

Two final points. I enjoyed your earlier little "get a life" dig - the "I''m just a humble football supporter - and this is just a football forum......but to some people, it seems to be their entire life.."

It might have carried more weight if your post count was lower than mine rather than, as it is, being markedly higher. As to the boast that you renewed your 2014-15 season ticket before the first deadline, that is admirable. It really is. I renewed mine for next season in February 2009. I don''t know whether that is more admirable, but it certainly saved me a great deal of money. What you might call prudence with optimism...
[/quote]

1.What is wrong with doubting the club''s or your version of events regarding the interview process released by the club for the prospective appointment of a new manager? It''s not a conspiracy theory on my behalf, it''s just what I feel may have occurred because the club even before D & MWJ came on board, have regularly promoted from within. There''s not many football clubs in any professional leagues will do that on a regular basis. Will Neil court a large salary as manager? Will he be given a bigger spending budget than if Malky was in charge? The youngsters will be played in the squad, they certainly won''t be pulling up at Colney in Bentleys, or Audi''s or Big BMW''s and being paid big wonga.....Cheap as chips, that''ll bring the wage bill down....These are just unsubstantiated observations and some hypothetical questions I ask coupled with my opinions.....I personally, just feel/think that the board are being slightly economical with the truth regarding Neil''s appointment.....But, it''s only my personal opinion.....

2.Look at the ratio/percentage and do the maths regarding the amount of my posts and the date I joined......in relation to the amount of posts that that you have since you joined the forum. Incidentally, I actually joined the forum sometime in 2003, the initial date disappeared like many pioneer''s of the pink ''un - but I fortunately retained my post count.....Although this in an exception, I also generally and being just a humble, a ickle bit loony and lacking any form of intellect football fan, I only give short posts, where as yours for some reason, tend to be somewhat longer......

3. I am not a great fan of Delia and MWJ as controlling majority shareholders of the club and I certainly won''t deny it, I feel that they''re holding the club back, although as individuals away from the business that is NCFC they''re probably decent folk. I''m also a great admirer of Stephen Fry and his work and have had the good fortune to meet him and have a chat with him, but I feel he doesn''t really bring anything of real substance to the club, that also includes the ex Archant chap who''s on the board. Micky Foulger is a top guy and Bowkett and McNally have been a breath of fresh air, but I just feel a bit of halitosis is beginning to creep in.....

3. I mentioned as you put it ''a boast'' that I renewed on the first deadline for next season. It''s just to allay fears that I may be called a binner or a plastic.....that would certainly hurt my pride as I''m a sensitive soul.....and I did it all by myself even before we knew which league we''d be in....Although.....I was quite nervous and my mum was waiting outside in the car.... 

I just post what I feel on this forum, nobody really takes any notice of my inane ramblings.....I don''t pursue hero worship like some with gargantuan post counts who patrol like sentinels up and down the pink un forum brow-beating anyone and discrediting their credentials as a supporter if it doesn''t suit their agenda (or opinion)....Maybe I may be speaking some truth.....Then again, maybe, I just do it to be mischievous and ruffle a few feathers....and get a reaction....But, then again, I don''t really care.....It''s only a Football Forum...."TOOT TOOT!"

Nobody takes any notice of me Purple......It''s people like you and the Nelsonettes that they hold in high esteem....

In short you''re an impish gadfly and I''m a long-winded bore. There, at least, I think you have got it spot on. And let''s not confuse the Nelsonettes with the Ronettes...