Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

After letting the dust settle...

I''ll admit that when Norwich officially confirmed Neil Adams as manager, I was livid, gutted and very pessimistic about our chances next season.

I wouldn''t say that I''m now excited beyond words, but after watching the press conference, I now feel a bit more at ease with the appointment. Whilst Neil doesn''t have to sell, I think players like RvW, Fer, Snodgrass etc will be leaving the club, which should see us bringing in enough money for Neil to use when signing his own players.

I feel that the appointments of Neil''s assistant and first team coach are more important than the Technical Director''s (probably Ricky Martin) appointment. I was devastated when I heard Steve Foley might be coming back as first team coach. Delighted to hear that likely won''t happen now. Once saw Steve give a talk about his job when he worked under Worthy. It was frankly embarrassing. Very amateur.

This morning, the weather where I live was torrential rain and dark clouds. Now, it''s started to lift and I can see blues skies and glimpses of the sun. That sums up my thoughts about the Adams appointment. Sorry about the sickly, cringeworthy analogy there.

I feel even a sense of excitement with the new beginning, but I felt this even slightly with the arrival of Hughton before it was quickly extinguished.

We may have a disappointing season, and have to build further and "enjoy" a further year in the Championship, but I feel that everything could be in place if Adams manages to sign a few very good players and all fans unite behind him. I feel optimistic, although I realise that it is going to be tough, - there are some good clubs left in the division, and I expect high spending Fulham and Cardiff to be thereabouts, even if Bellamy has hung up his boots.

To change the metaphor, I think that we are about to emerge from a long, dark tunnel, although there are things still to achieve before we are in full daylight.

I broke into song there for a minute OP, but what you say is quite valid.

It all begs that pertinent question though. Would you still rather we be in the Premier League under Hughton or in the Championship under Adams?

PL  for me any day, but with the proviso that either  Hughton changed his spots or his days were numbered.

My feelings exactly YN 1901

I know some have criticised comments made by our chairman etc but when McNally and Bowkett head up a conference there is an air of professionalism which was greatly needed and well timed.

The Technical Director description has been well documented and will have no or little input in attracting players.

Having just heard Culverhouse has been sacked I''d be on the phone to him now!

I''ve always liked N.A. and in a way I didn''t want him to get the job because I didn''t like the thought of him doing badly or getting sacked. Now the board has taken the pressure off him by saying, they looked all over Europe and felt he was the the best option. In time this decision will either make the board look very wise or very stupid, considering they couldn''t find anyone in January but they''ve suddenly said the best option was right under their nose.

I agree though, after watching the press conference, it reminded me of everything I like about him, he talks a great game, handles questions well and always seems to say the right things. Hopefully the same can be done in the Norwich dressing room on dreary Tuesday nights at Brentford and Saturday afternoons against Fulham.

I won''t be able to tell if i''m happy until i see that first starting 11 or the players which have come in or gone out. Time shall tell I think is the answer.

So you admit you are hysterical, not in charge of your emotional state of mind, crave bitter disappointment and search for it everywhere

It has all appeared very shambolic - everything should have been concluded prior to any press involvement.

No guarantee any manager would be a success, but I felt we needed a change. I hope we can make some inspired signings!

My feelings now are exactly the same as they were when i heard the announcement, i am pleased with the appointment of Neil.

The outrageous outbursts on here were disgracefull, I was particularly saddened to see some of the ill informed posts by regulars on the board, many agreeing with trolling threads started by obvious Scummers.

I trust a few of them have now dried their pants, put their brains in gear, and will get behind the manager!

Whether we agree with the appointment or not it''s been made and as supporters we now need to get behind the manager and support him.

After all unless we have the coaching badges etc the current coach knows best Numpty awardee advises that we haven''t the knowledge or experience to criticise.

After watching QPR just gain promotion, I''d love to see us at Wembley and do the same. Would be a great feeling. As the Chairman has already stated, Neil will need a quick start next season.

I just hope he can bring in some good coaches to assist him. The Foley move being voted by the board is a worry.