Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

No that the dust has settled........your thoughts?

It would be great to hear the views of the regulars on this board, on one thread, now that we have all gotten over the news of our new Manager?

For me, even though NA was certainly not on my short list, I am now in acceptance and actually looking forward to the further appointments of his coaching team and possibly a DoF. Indeed, some comments from other posters on here have made me think a bit about the appointment and see the bigger picture, so I am certainly not all agitated by it anymore.

I do think he has a good chance of succeeding with the right coaching team around him and feel that even with a few squad departures, contrary to some posters views on here, the club actually has a very good quality of squad for The Championship, including two or three young home grown players coming through. 

Final thought.....I am still a little surprised by some of the stuff written on here immediately after the appointment was announced, and equally so at how little support there was for NA when considering the positive vibe around when he took over from CH.

Here we go again, forum police in action. They must regret the unification of Germany and the lost employment opportunities with the Stasi.

You touch on one of my biggest concerns - with the right coaching team behind him.

We are Now waiting to see who the coaching team is. If we had appointed somebody like Malky or Lennon then the coaching team wouldn''t have necessarily been as important. If it is Foley that Adams wanted, I would be extremely concerned. However if we can convince Culverhouse and Karsa to come in I will be a lot more optimistic. It was said in the another thread that Adams has said that his favourite part of management is the coaching side, therefore he may not work with Culverhouse. I think Adams may be in for a big shock in that respect, I''m not sure many managers lead the coaching of players these days - that''s why we have top coaches as well as top managers, and top coaches don''t always make great managers

Arsene Wenger still takes part in coaching every day so it shouldn''t be a problem, particularly with the new technical director involved

I shall get behind NA and the Canaries as I have done for the last 60 seasons whoever was in charge but I can''t pretend not to be a shade disappointed. I accepted long ago that we were unlikely to ever cement a permanent place in the top division but it did seem we might hang about longer than the three seasons we actually achieved. Our natural position is as it has always been for the last fifty years, somewhere between the middle of the top division and the middle of the second division. Hopefully NA can get us back to the top of that range as quickly as possible.