Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

QPR back to the Premier League.

I think QPR''s example this season should give us reason to be optimistic about next season. Harry Redknapp, with his near legendary record for saving teams wasn''t able to keep them up despite having the luxury of a transfer window and much more time, which Adams didn''t have. I don''t think the QPR that was relegated last season was as good as the Norwich side that got relegated this season. Harry has however got them back up at the first attempt. With that in mind, it''s worth considering that Neil Adams didn''t have half the chance to turn us around, with no opportunity to bring new players in and only five weeks to try and instil his approach into the players with no preparation time whatsoever against the best teams in the League, an erratic but still basically talented Man U on a managerial bounce and our usual bogey team Fulham. For all the fact that we didn''t make it, we did look like a side with more fight in us over that stretch compared to the rest of the season. Granted, this is nothing like a guaranteed prospect, but it is feasible. As such, I think it''s worth putting the negative sentiments aside, get off the club''s back and get behind the club wholeheartedly, which can only help morale and improve our chances.When all''s said and done we''ve got a decent squad overall who have simply underperformed, and some exciting young prospects on the brink of joining that mix. I''ve got a feeling we may not be losing as many as we might fear over the summer either. Enjoy the Summer folks.

Actually, we''re in good shape financially and having Harry there for over half a season and throwing insane money at the January window didn''t save them. They went down with a far bigger points shortfall than we did. We''re starting from a better position in many respects.

What are the parallels?

The only similarity was that we were both relegated from the premier league. They have an experienced manager who has a history of spending/wasting money wherever he''s been. We have an inexperienced manager who should, transfer window & coaching staff dependent, be able to make us challenge

We will let our star players leave in fact we will encourage them to go . We will not spend on decent replacements we will by cheap and play youth . Harry or a untried novice , we wont go back up and if the board were truthful they would say as much but they are into non stop porky telling these days .

I would rather have Adams as manager then Harry,the only way he''s become a successful manager is spending money weather the club has it or not for me he has always been overated his time in the Prem with qpr showed that

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh look, another new poster who had nothing to say while we were doing well [:P][/quote]Strange all them new posters come here when we go down but had nothing to say when we was doing so bad in the prem.Must be all binners taking the pee, but the boot will be on the other foot when we take  points off them, and they go into administration again   and screw the local companys in 1p5wich.