Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Board veto Foley

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25243/?

“I’m devastated and embarrassed for myself and Neil. I couldn’t believe this was happening, especially that they would undermine Neil on his first day.”

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25243/?

“I’m devastated and embarrassed for myself and Neil. I couldn’t believe this was happening, especially that they would undermine Neil on his first day.”[/quote]

This is a bizzare story if true

It does indeed undermine Neil Adams if he cannot choose his own guys to help him do the job that he wants to do. Such things quickly lead to demoralisation and also give the impression of a lack of confidence/interfering board.

But on the other side of the coin who goes and offers jobs to people like that? You would presume that NA would say i want x as my assistant manager and then they would go and deal with his employers etc.

The board are starting to look very poor in this. If they want Adams then they have to trust him with his backroom staff. They backed Hughton and his poor choices. What else will they over rule him over?

I''m sorry but I cannot believe this is true. Is their any confirmation other than a binner message board?

Needham Market FC stated that there was no truth in the rumour yesterday.

If true it is an embarrassment and there was me starting to get positive

Since when does a report from an Ipswich website need to be believed? I bet they are laughing at these replies. Don''t believe a word of it but if you want to bash the board carry on. Some great supporters.

Omg we have gone from getting a foothold in the premiership, leaving the likes of Ipswich and Leeds behind, to being on an even keel and a complete laughing stock to our rival supporters.

Norwich don''t do things by half. I fear for us now, I really do. Our "saviour" McNally, isn''t quite the shining knight after all. Just got very lucky with Lambert.

I can''t find any source other than the Ipswich one. As newspaper reports tend to spread quickly to online football news sites it seems unlikely that the story is true.

Well thanks lads I really got worried as there seemed no ''if'' just implications it was true.

Now lets get Culverhouse and really start piz zing off our bin friends

[quote user="kentcanary"]Since when does a report from an Ipswich website need to be believed? I bet they are laughing at these replies. Don''t believe a word of it but if you want to bash the board carry on. Some great supporters.[/quote]

[Y]

Private Frazer wrote the following post at 2014-05-24 7:01 PM:

It''s a wind up

IS IT?

By KEVIN SHIELD Published: 23rd May 2014

NEIL ADAMS was overruled by the Norwich board on his first day as the club’s new manager.

Adams wanted Canaries’ former first-team coach Steve Foley to leave rivals Ipswich and return.

To read more of this article sign up for Sun+ today.

Well. imo the story has been made out of the initial wind up from the binners is because. Shirley discussions about back room staff would have taken place during his interviews. And the board would have made their feeling known before Adams allegedy went off to head hunt Foley.

Well if the guy from My Bloody Valentine says its true then I guess it must be.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]Well. imo the story has been made out of the initial wind up from the binners is because. Shirley discussions about back room staff would have taken place during his interviews. And the board would have made their feeling known before Adams allegedy went off to head hunt Foley.[/quote]Surely we''re not getting a Shirley ?One woman''s enough...[;)]

So theres nothing to confirm this is true, most likely to be a complete wind up.

Perhaps Shirley wants it to be true, for reasons best known to her!