Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Times up for the moaning, the decision has been made, let's get behind Neil and the team

I know it might be hard for some to stomach, indeed it is for me, but we''ve had our day to moan, i''m sure the board and whoever else needs to gets the message.

For me, it''s not so much a problem with Adams, I hoped he would become manager one day, but it''s the timing and the way it was handled, again though, it''s done.

Until there is a set of bad results, that''s how we as fans should be. Adams has had 5 painfully tough games in charge and i won''t judge him on them either way. They might as well have been Hughtons games.

Hopefully, this massive and unneccesary gamble will pay off, there are no certainties in football and even if Alex Ferguson had come out of retirement for us, it would guarantee nothing.

In fact, if we do go up, the fact it''s with Adams at the helm and with a few YTS lads in the team, it''ll be all the sweeter.

Jimmy ... You sum up my feelings perfectly.

I think the decision is ridiculous, unnecessary, desperate and potentially devastating but it''s been made and won''t be changed. This new obsession with ''attacking'' football at all costs over ''promotion at all costs'' will, I''m certain, see us deteriorating back into a mediocre Championship side for years to come. As with Hughton I can see the Board admitting to this mistake by the end of next season.

However!

I''m going to give Neil my full support and stop moaning ... It is a waste of time.

Excellent post Jimmy.

I cannot believe the board have done this, I''m not happy about it at all, I fear the reaction if we lose our first game at home, but ultimately, there is nothing we as fans can do about it.

I hope Adams proves everyone wrong.

Yep sums up my feelings but such a sad state of affairs. I now wait in anticipation of the further exciting additions to the staff. Surely Foley is a bad rumour though!

Jimmy I think we''re allowed at least a week to moan.

Obviously we''ll all get behind Adams (well most will) but I think we''ll look back at this decision as one of the worst. We had a chance to bounce back whilst at our strongest but the board botched it.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know it might be hard for some to stomach, indeed it is for me, but we''ve had our day to moan, i''m sure the board and whoever else needs to gets the message.

For me, it''s not so much a problem with Adams, I hoped he would become manager one day, but it''s the timing and the way it was handled, again though, it''s done.

Agree totally - the level of whingeing and moaning on here is embarrassing at least Adams will give it a good go - give the bloke a chance!

Until there is a set of bad results, that''s how we as fans should be. Adams has had 5 painfully tough games in charge and i won''t judge him on them either way. They might as well have been Hughtons games.

Hopefully, this massive and unneccesary gamble will pay off, there are no certainties in football and even if Alex Ferguson had come out of retirement for us, it would guarantee nothing.

In fact, if we do go up, the fact it''s with Adams at the helm and with a few YTS lads in the team, it''ll be all the sweeter.[/quote]

Agree totally - the level of whingeing and moaning on here is embarrassing at least Adams will give it a good go - give the bloke a chance!

[quote user="River End Canary"]I will be making merry on this Board all summer after this hapless decision. Mcnasty out stowmarket 2 out Messiah back[/quote]

And, speak of the devil, as it were...

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Jimmy ... You sum up my feelings perfectly.

I think the decision is ridiculous, unnecessary, desperate and potentially devastating but it''s been made and won''t be changed. This new obsession with ''attacking'' football at all costs over ''promotion at all costs'' will, I''m certain, see us deteriorating back into a mediocre Championship side for years to come. As with Hughton I can see the Board admitting to this mistake by the end of next season.

However!

I''m going to give Neil my full support and stop moaning ... It is a waste of time.[/quote]

Once again I fully agree with your comments. I am still fuming at having all the fresh hope of a new start wrenched out of me yesterday. I guess time will heal the massive frustration and hope that come august some faith will of returned.

What we really need now is a decent new signing to get some positivity for next season started. Maybe an attacking Midfielder would be a good start.

I''m sure everyone wants Neil to succeed but it is a big gamble.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]What we really need now is a decent new signing to get some positivity for next season started. Maybe an attacking Midfielder would be a good start. I''m sure everyone wants Neil to succeed but it is a big gamble.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that''s it. The disappointment/negativity surrounding will naturally die down a bit until the transfers get going.

If the first bit of business is a big player out then the negativity is going to come back pretty strong.

Get an impressive signing in as the first piece of business and the confidence levels will get a boost.

I am a big fan of Neil Adams and was very happy when he came in for Hughton even though we knew it was too late. It was virtually a one game gamble- beat Fulham and we may well have been OK. We could, actually should, have won but our striking "talent" failed again. Not Adams.

The Board could easily have gone for a "name" and I was hoping for someone to get really excited about. But I also assume the Board looked at a number of people and came to their decision on rational and objective grounds. I don''t buy for one minute any rubbish about them being content with the Champ. I did feel however that we needed a fresh start with someone like a Neil Lennon to get a bit of verve and sparkle back.

So whilst I like Adams he wasn''t my first choice, and I was genuinely surprised when I heard the news, but I am fully prepared to trust their judgement and we''ll see whether it proves right. There are a lot of positives out there as well, not least the youth squad and some really exciting young talent. Nurture and develop that with the experience in the rest of the squad, a couple of decent signings and offload our no-shows from last season and we could be in a good spot. The best thing we do now is to get behind Adams and co and get a good start in August with a full stadium and an invigorated squad.

Couldn''t believe it when I heard Friday. Thought we were gonna get Lennon as he''d left Celtic.

Anyone know what reasons Lennon, Malky and Zola gave for not taking/being offered the post?

Ludicrous decision to offer 3 year contract but it''s been made. Not happy but will support at games.

I''m not happy but I think some people have over done the negativity, to say the least.

We have no choice but to get behind the manager now and that''s what I will be doing.

Same as. Not happy but it''s been done and just hope to God  it works. Probably have the odd whinge but will back Adams and the team to the hilt.

ahhhhh the naive cry of the happy clapper

it has been heard echoing around carrow road and this forum for the past two seasons,  yet they dont seem to learn

this football club will do well to not spend another 10 years in whats is effectively division 2 with this board in charge

some of you are in for a whole bucket load of disappointment, ive watched this rubbish on repeat for the last 30 years

we wont be top ten, you can clap as loud as you like, the board have ballsed it up big time

Crikey even Hammers moaning on here now. At least he won''t be turning up next season.

Anyway, agree with Jimmy, time to swiftly move on. OTBC

[quote user="Jenkins"]Whats your plan Stan?[/quote]my plan is to point in your face screaming told you so when adams gets the sack during the season, as ncfc sit in 15th with 8 games to go

he shouldnt have been given the job, the board have just lined their pockets and are settling for another long stint in the championship with someone in charge they can manipulate

im not even convinced we wont be in another relegation battle, we are going to lose the best players, either that or we will keep them against their will and get 60% effort, and even if we do have, lets say 10 or 15 million to spend we wont have a manager capable of attracting the quality we need

can you really see fer, hoolahan, snodgrass, ruddy, howson, redmond, hooper, bassong and olsson anywhere near this club next season ? thats 3/4 of a first choice 11, by the time the first teams been rebuilt and the new squad have learned how to play together it will be 2015 and thats way too late, if they dont gel within the first 7 or 8 weeks you can forget even a play off pushwhos going to save us? the youth team ? the murphys and loza ? lovely idea but they are likely to get kicked from pillar to post in this league, the murphys must weigh about 16 stone combined, this concept of developing young players is great but southampton spent god knows how many years in league 1 before that bore any fruit and even then they had quality like lambert to back up the youth.it would be great to see a promotion push but as far as im concerned its about as likely as rolf harris turning out to be innocent

[quote user="Jenkins"]So you dont think very highly of Neil then stan?[/quote]lol;)a good loyal club servant,radio presenter, youth team manager doth not a quality manager make

irrespective if you put a director of football/technical director in placea manager should be capable off running the entire club, including managing finances, contracts, medical teams etc etc etc, not palming it off to other people to take the blame forto be fair i probably think less of the board than adams

Why should a manager be capable of running the entire club? He has bought into a new structure which i think has a good chance of working for us.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know it might be hard for some to stomach, indeed it is for me, but we''ve had our day to moan, i''m sure the board and whoever else needs to gets the message. For me, it''s not so much a problem with Adams, I hoped he would become manager one day, but it''s the timing and the way it was handled, again though, it''s done. Until there is a set of bad results, that''s how we as fans should be. Adams has had 5 painfully tough games in charge and i won''t judge him on them either way. They might as well have been Hughtons games. Hopefully, this massive and unneccesary gamble will pay off, there are no certainties in football and even if Alex Ferguson had come out of retirement for us, it would guarantee nothing. In fact, if we do go up, the fact it''s with Adams at the helm and with a few YTS lads in the team, it''ll be all the sweeter.[/quote]

Nearly a Huzzah!

As a caretaker and No1. ...fine.. .but manager?