Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

So, anyone think we can entice any of Derby's players to our ranks?

[quote user="nochain09"]Dawkins for me!![/quote]Thorne is the outstanding talent in the Derby side, could play in front of the back four and conduct play all day long.

Apart from Martin and Hughes, their other top players are all loans Wilson from Liverpool, bamford from Chelsea and Thorne from West Brom. The others I don''t see as being any better than what we have really. They just play as a team.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Derby have an experienced management team. Why would a Derby player swap that for we are now in a position to offer?[/quote]

You are one depressive Scottish (unt you know that?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Apart from Martin and Hughes, their other top players are all loans Wilson from Liverpool, bamford from Chelsea and Thorne from West Brom. The others I don''t see as being any better than what we have really. They just play as a team.[/quote]

I rate Craig Bryson, very good player in the midfield. I''d happily take Bamford on loan next season too.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Apart from Martin and Hughes, their other top players are all loans Wilson from Liverpool, bamford from Chelsea and Thorne from West Brom. The others I don''t see as being any better than what we have really. They just play as a team.[/quote]

I rate Craig Bryson, very good player in the midfield. I''d happily take Bamford on loan next season too.[/quote]

Agree Bryson is good, I think the team work Is the thing that makes all those players look comfortable and able to perform. I still believe we have a core of players who are better than Derby''s, however getting them to play as well as a team is the real challenge.

Derby will finish above us next season, so on that basis I can''t see any of their players wanting to head to us.

Some fans need some perspective - Cardiff are a bigger draw than us. Certainly financially. Fulham also.

If the Leeds takeover goes through then they will have cash to play with.

We have a good fan base, yes. But we don''t pay big wages. And we now have an inexperienced Manager in charge.

We''ll be around the play off area next season. As will Ipswich - who it''s sad to say have a better Manager in charge than we do.

[quote user="St Georgey"]Derby will finish above us next season, so on that basis I can''t see any of their players wanting to head to us.

Some fans need some perspective - Cardiff are a bigger draw than us. Certainly financially. Fulham also.

If the Leeds takeover goes through then they will have cash to play with.

We have a good fan base, yes. But we don''t pay big wages. And we now have an inexperienced Manager in charge.

We''ll be around the play off area next season. As will Ipswich - who it''s sad to say have a better Manager in charge than we do.[/quote]holy hell. you should be doing my lottery numbers, but let''s break this down.

in no way is derby finishing above us a certainty. Cardiff will be a big draw with their owners backing, but I would say most have as much faith in their manager as we do in ours. Fulham however do not have a huge financial incentive, believe it or not. If the leeds takeover goes through they will have cash to play with, but for one or two players. if you think they will blow through a new squad you don''t know business. Ipswich came close(ish) to a playoff spot, but that doesn''t mean they will again next season. let''s keep in mind, they just signed a youth player we released on a professional contract.the truth is we don''t know how well we will do until the transfers start. I''m not happy with the appointment of Adams, but the man needs to have a chance before he is dismissed. All managers start somewhere, he''s just skipped a few steps. and some of the core players wanted him to stay, if you''re to believe Mick Denis'' blog. If we keep our core and add a few, which the board says we have the money to do, then there''s no reason why we can''t get promoted back to the top first try. we just have to give NA the chance to prove he can do what he believes he can.

we should have signed will hughes last summer, would have been a much better investment than ricky vanwolfswankerfuture england star

absolutely everywhere yesterday

hes not a striker ;)

i take it you didnt watch the full gamefor a 19 year old hes a class apart, and hes already got bags of experience

Sorry JDT you can''t say that Derby definitely won''t finish above us. I''d imagine they''ll be up there again and there''s no guarantees we will.

[quote user="iron_stan"]hes not a striker ;)

i take it you didnt watch the full game

for a 19 year old hes a class apart, and hes already got bags of experience
[/quote]

So why are you comparing him to RVW? Who at the time, also looked like a decent investment at the time. Doesn''t always work out does it?!

Based on the season just gone Derby certainly look like they will be one of the teams to beat next season. As things stand they look far more like a unit than we do.

[quote user="GJP"]Based on the season just gone Derby certainly look like they will be one of the teams to beat next season. As things stand they look far more like a unit than we do.[/quote]

Chris Martin will not come back, according to his brother, Chris is having the time of his life and is looking forward to coming back to haunt us