Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Financial Fair Play - QPR and Man City taking the p*ss

So Redknapp and his crooked cronies are back in the Premier League - bet he can''t wait to get his fat nose back in the money trough.

According to the BBC Qpr could be fined as much as £50 million for racking up huge losses this year but as with the Man City case if you''ve got billionaire owners it''s peanuts.

The fines should remain but teams should also be docked 10 points at the beginning of the next season .

Also anyone know what happens with these fines? - should be pumped in to grass roots football i reckon

the man city fine is spread around Europe and a large chunk to other premier league teams

the qpr fine if there is one all goes to charity according to the bbc article you never finished reading

I actually read they were thinking distributing the Man City fine to the other Premiership teams which would include us.

I agree with the docking points suggestion, the fines themselves mean nothing to the millionaires.

The problems are things like stadium sponsorship which can be manipulated to allow "hidden" investment. I would prefer equal distribution of all revenues, in each division to make all 92 clubs more even.

[quote user="FCC"]I agree with the docking points suggestion, the fines themselves mean nothing to the millionaires.

The problems are things like stadium sponsorship which can be manipulated to allow "hidden" investment. I would prefer equal distribution of all revenues, in each division to make all 92 clubs more even.[/quote]The trouble is with this is that they would dock points at the start of the next season and it might be viewed as "worth it" because you had got the Premier League prize money. To dock them in the same season would require the books to be audited pretty quickly - I''m not an accountant, I don''t know how practicable this would be.

[quote user="FCC"]I agree with the docking points suggestion, the fines themselves mean nothing to the millionaires.

The problems are things like stadium sponsorship which can be manipulated to allow "hidden" investment. I would prefer equal distribution of all revenues, in each division to make all 92 clubs more even.[/quote]

This is what I''d like to see, unfortunately no one has the balls to take this on an see it through, as you can just imagine the big powerful clubs would fight it every inch of the way. The money doesn''t have to be handed to the clubs it could be used to improve youth team facilities and coaching, which help the national team more than the stupid suggestion of creating League 3.

The fines are meaningless really because its still been worth them breaching the rules as they are now back in the prem. to have teeth, the rule should be that if you break the rules by more than x then you cannot be promoted.

If they were to be docked say 9 points then I think they should not start their season till three weeks after the season starts and give the three teams they were meant to play 3 points each

Obviously the financial fair play rules are a token gesture by the governing bodies. They monetised it to benefit financially themselves when teams break the rules rather than impose punishments that actually do affect the club by relegating them, taking away trophies etc.

Until clubs are refused promotion, relegated, kicked out of competitions altogether, or have serious transfer embargoes put in place it''s a sham. Fining ultra rich people relatively small amounts won''t stop clubs overspending massively, effectively cheating their way to success. Like Man City and QPR.

Michel Platini was explaining that it was the clubs that pushed for a punishment for over spending, so UEFA came up with this ruling, a points deduction was never in their thinking and he was very disappointed that 9 clubs had broke the rules after giving them 3 years to sort it out. The way he was thinking was to increase the fine.

The fine must come from club funds as externally provided finances are very restricted under FFP rules. If the fine is paid by the billionaire of course it would be no effective sanction. A 50 million pound fine will hurt QPR but of course a points deduction would be better.