Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Collison

with wes likely to leave joe cole feeding our strikers in the champs is a mouth watering prospect...

I think the problem with Collison is that 5 or 6 years ago he looked a good prospect but he doesn''t ever seem to have come on from that.

He''s had knee injuries which obviously would have hindered his development but you''d also have to worry if he''s ever going to fully get past that.

Especially with Tettey here. Do we really another midfielder who doesn''t have a particularly good fitness record?

The freebie I''d be looking at is young Chuks Aneke who has just been released by Arsenal.Powerhouse attacking midfielder, 6 ft 3, scored 16 goals on loan at Crewe this season. A few London clubs are believed to be interested, but could be a decent option to replace Fer if we lose him this summer.

Collison has proven himself a very capable Championship midfielder this year, would be a very decent free signing.

Sidwell as well if he was prepared to drop a level.

Aneke seems an incredible prospect, surprised theres no claimed PL club interest, but he may also want to stay in London judging by the rumoured interested clubs.

Cole and Sidwell would probably be worth it for 1 season, but I doubt Cole would want to come to us. I think he could still get a year or two at a lowly Prem team such as Burnley or West Brom.

I''d take Collison and Sidwell.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]sidwell and collision are a good shout. We really need an attacking midfielder and striker though as well.[/quote]

Don''t know much about Collison, but thought that Sidwell was outstanding at Craven Cottage this year. Can see a prem team giving him a years contract - possibly one of the promoted teams ? Otherwise I''d have him here in a flash.