Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

I actually think the board are saying too much!

After the longest silence we have known in the internet era for the last 4 to 5 months of the Hughton era, albeit the bottom 3 comment and their aim for the top 10....... Does anyone think like me that board members are now trying too much to get behind the Norwich brand, the Norwich way? For me that tells me that in all their very public support for Neil Adams, they maybe don''t believe themselves. And also what pressure is now on Neil''s head. Look at the Bowkett comments. I worry that board members are using their hearts rather than their heads. Not great in a business but of course football is also an emotional game. Feel a bit sorry for NA as I did when he was appointed. He is a decent sort, with undoubted commitment but the Championship is tough.

I think I would rather that board members were just confident in their decision and leave the chat to a very minimum. Something feels forced in all the pronouncements.

Very concerned for the season .....last year I was excited ( look where that went) but I''m lacking in confidence this time. Sorry to be half glass empty, but wondered if I am alone in the set up. Sometimes if a decision is not really believed management teams try so hard to cover up. Interesting to see who we attract.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]At least it isn''t as bad as McNally''s ''''rather death than relegation'''' ''''Norwich fans are the envy of world football'''' bs.[/quote]

Those quotes have been taken out of context though. In a footballing sense relegation is a horrendous thing to happen, particualy to a sugar daddy-less club like ours that relied on the tv money in that league and I''m sure plenty of others clubs owners would love to have a fan base they can rely on to sell out every game in the third tier. I''m not sure anymore than 12 other clubs in this country would get attendances like we got in that league, home and away, even before Lamberts reign really took off!