Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Transfers

Under Lambert we always did our transfer dealings early and McNally said that this was a good way of doing business.

Under Hughton we didn''t. This may be as we were trying to attract a higher calibre iof player and are a less attractive proposition when compared to other Prem teams. Who knows.

Know we are back in the Chanpionship you''d like to think that we are, once again, a more attractive prospect to the level of players we will be targeting. I wonder if this means we will once again be looking to do our deals early in the window.

You would think, that with a lot of fans voicing displeasure at the club at the moment they will be looking for some good news to calm them down.

When does the window officially open again?

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Under Lambert we always did our transfer dealings early and McNally said that this was a good way of doing business.

Under Hughton we didn''t. This may be as we were trying to attract a higher calibre iof player and are a less attractive proposition when compared to other Prem teams. Who knows.

Know we are back in the Chanpionship you''d like to think that we are, once again, a more attractive prospect to the level of players we will be targeting. I wonder if this means we will once again be looking to do our deals early in the window.

You would think, that with a lot of fans voicing displeasure at the club at the moment they will be looking for some good news to calm them down.

When does the window officially open again?[/quote]

I didn''t see anyone complain when we bought van Wolfswinkel early.........

I would be amazed if we don''t have to sell in order to get funds to buy and as no-one has yet gone apart from 3 on loan, Fox and Nash then we will need to wait for the 1st player sold before we can move forward.

I am going to start the guessing game of when the 1st player comes in by, I say June 22nd

Can''t wait!Who can remember the daily summer thrills when Gunny was here and he signed up Owain Tudur Jones, Simon Whaley, Goran Maric, Matthew Gill, Michael Theoklitos, Paul McVeigh, Rhoys Wiggins.... every day was like Christmas Day*Thankfully he also signed Grant Holt, contra to some message board freak who kept starting "Holt is not coming here!" threads.With Neil Adams''s winning book of contacts and our hefty transfer warchest, this summer is going to be a roller coaster ride with no lows!

* Got up late, drunk by 10am, fell asleep after lunch

I forgot how early RvW was LDC but the sentiment still stands in general. It''s not a dig at Hughton, just an observation.

Hopefully we''ll sign some more big names like those you

Mentioned BBB. Heady times.

Adams said in one of his interviews that he has players in mind for signing, that he had already spoken to one or two and hoped it wouldn''t be too long before we had some news.

If this is the case, and I have no reason to doubt him, we could be more in the Lambert mould. We may even pick up a Bosman or two, and one or two of the many names quoted as being on our target list over the past month, in competition with other clubs, would be very acceptable.

Do we need to start selling first? There must be money in the bank after three prem seasons plus parachute payments.

I don''t think we HAVE to sell but there will be ayers who want out. And they should be sold. That will generate money and we got a decent fee for finishing 18th so I think we''ll be ok in terms of a transfer budget. Especially in comparison to others in the division.

I read somewhere that the combined debt of clubs in the Championship is over £1billion. Financially we will be one of the big hitters in that league.