Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Bowkett treats fans like idiots

This is a direct copy of part of the interview he gave, taken from the Pinkun

''for example in the Premier League, you go to Hull and play for 64 minutes against 10 men, and you wouldn’t know how to open a can of tuna, let alone their defence. And that is not tolerable.''

Yes Alan and our Board of which u are a member took 8 months to do anything (the Hull game was in August)

That is NOT TOLERABLE

How can they all remain in there posts, any other business they would be cleared out / sacked ?

What I detest about the bloke is the arrogant, pompous manner and his bloody rude finger waggling at reporters.

Hi AndyCanary

What I am stating is factual he made that statement, it is in the public domain,

Have u ever made a factual comment on this board, or contributed in any meaningful way to any thread

No I forgot,u just get off on wandering round the threads posting insults about others

U clearly one of the idiots I was referring to

Are you a idiot if you manage to find offence in almost everything the club does? Some people need to stop looking for things to be p@/sed off about.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Wiz I thought you''d bug gered off![/quote]

I did Andy, I threw a wobbly after the Adams debacle.. now crawled back.

To be fair to him, judging the post on here, he´s probably right....

[quote user="Newton"]Hi AndyCanary

What I am stating is factual he made that statement, it is in the public domain,

Have u ever made a factual comment on this board, or contributed in any meaningful way to any thread

No I forgot,u just get off on wandering round the threads posting insults about others

U clearly one of the idiots I was referring to[/quote]But, like an idiot, you''ve taken part of the statement, context is everything.

[quote user="Calle"]To be fair to him, judging the post on here, he´s probably right....
[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Are you a idiot if you manage to find offence in almost everything the club does? Some people need to stop looking for things to be p@/sed off about.[/quote]Ha Ha Ha. In case it has escaped your notice Beagle, we do not have to ''go around looking'' for stuff to be p!ssed off about just at the present. There''s plenty that jumps out and smacks you in  the face. Like being relegated from the Prem. And scoring well less than a goal a game last season. To name but two.

[quote user="Wiz"]What I detest about the bloke is the arrogant, pompous manner and his bloody rude finger waggling at reporters.[/quote]Surely that''s the mirror Wiz...........

For one I agree with you WIz. Considering the complete pig''s ear he and McNally made of last season, some humility wouldn''t go amiss. I was very surprised at the pompous manner and finger wagging. Clearly, an extremely large ego indeed.

[quote user="Newton"]This is a direct copy of part of the interview he gave, taken from the Pinkun

''for example in the Premier League, you go to Hull and play for 64 minutes against 10 men, and you wouldn’t know how to open a can of tuna, let alone their defence. And that is not tolerable.''

Yes Alan and our Board of which u are a member took 8 months to do anything (the Hull game was in August)

That is NOT TOLERABLE

How can they all remain in there posts, any other business they would be cleared out / sacked ?[/quote]

That is understandable. You believe their major mistake of not getting rid of Hughton earlier (personally I think he should have gone at the end of last season) should mean their removal from the board (they do own their shares still).

Who would you replace them with though?

Who do you know could convince the rest of the shareholders that they would definitely do a better job?

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]For one I agree with you WIz. Considering the complete pig''s ear he and McNally made of last season, some humility wouldn''t go amiss. I was very surprised at the pompous manner and finger wagging. Clearly, an extremely large ego indeed.[/quote]

Or maybe just a large responsibility?

Yawn

Most fans are idiots, that''s why they don''t run their own clubs.

Listen to canary call, I''d say a good proportion of our fanbase need to be institutionalised for public safety.

Bowkett and the rest of the board make decisions, sometimes they are right sometimes they are wrong and you do have the right to disagree but you don''t have enough information to judge.

You also don''t have the fortitude or courage to do anything about it.

The people moaning about Adams or whatever on here and elsewhere have never lead a march, started a petition or done anything other than b*tch about it on the internet and throw a clapper at the pitch. Because they haven''t got what it takes.

Part timers.

Cowards.

[quote user="Buh"]Yawn

Listen to canary call, I''d say a good proportion of our fanbase need to be institutionalised for public safety.

Bowkett and the rest of the board make decisions, sometimes they are right sometimes they are wrong and you do have the right to disagree but you don''t have enough information to judge.

The people moaning about Adams or whatever on here and elsewhere have never lead a march, started a petition or done anything other than b*tch about it on the internet and throw a clapper at the pitch. Because they haven''t got what it takes.

Part timers.

Cowards.[/quote]DebateDiscussionOpinionThree fairly distinctive concepts, Buh. Are you familiar with them ?No, thought not.You don''t have to riot or go on marches to have a perfectly valid attitude concerning matters such as the appointment of a new football manager.And if you cannot see that fairly clear idea, then it is you who is the ''idiot'' not the rest of supporters that you brazenly tar with that brush.Surely now is precisely the time to be having these discussions. Some might call it collective navel gazing, but I prefer to regard it as reasoned debate. On the basis there is no actual football to discuss just now, the next few weeks offer a perfect opportunity to examine what is wrong with NCFC, hear what others have to say, then move on. And I''m 100% in agreement that when the real football starts again in August any right thinking person should get behind NA, and whatever the team is by then. No excuses. But now we have a window where we can look at wider issues.

What part of reasonable debate have you seen in the last few days?

Was it the part where Neil Adams is called a yes man or when he was called a glorified Alan partridge?

There is no debate, it''s just venting at the moment.

Disgraceful bile from the minority, predictable.

The minority too afraid to actually do anything about it, because they are cowards.

Well, Buh, clearly you''ve been reading a different message board to the one I have, mate. Sure, there have been some closed minded, fairly intemperate rants from a few sources, but from what I''ve seen there have been plenty of endorsements for NA, mixed in with  as many people who are looking a little more critically at the appointment. Looking a bit further beneath the surface, if you like.  I''ve not personally been contributing much until today because I''ve had a lot more pressing personal matters to deal with, and I felt it was right to let the dust settle for 48 hours.But, I repeat, the next week or two is exactly the time when these issues should be aired. An to call those who do it  cowards is, frankly, ridiculous.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Buh"]Yawn

Part timers.

Cowards.[/quote]DebateDiscussionOpinionThree fairly distinctive concepts, Buh. Are you familiar with them ?No, thought not.You don''t have to riot or go on marches to have a perfectly valid attitude concerning matters such as the appointment of a new football manager.And if you cannot see that fairly clear idea, then it is you who is the ''idiot'' not the rest of supporters that you brazenly tar with that brush.Surely now is precisely the time to be having these discussions. Some might call it collective navel gazing, but I prefer to regard it as reasoned debate. On the basis there is no actual football to discuss just now, the next few weeks offer a perfect opportunity to examine what is wrong with NCFC, hear what others have to say, then move on. And I''m 100% in agreement that when the real football starts again in August any right thinking person should get behind NA, and whatever the team is by then. No excuses. But now we have a window where we can look at wider issues. [/quote]

Maybe Buh''s choice of words was unfortunate but the point I believe he is trying to make is that some of the criticism aimed at the board and Adams is downright rude and out of order with no qualifying of why the board was wrong other than "Adams is crap" "Delia out" "Bowkett''s a liar".

You cannot have a reasoned argument with anyone who doesn''t have a good reason for their attitude and response.

Full quote here - seams fair enough to me.

“I think the set-up here, the way we’re going to play and with Neil, we will be able to attract the right people who want to play for Norwich City and play the Norwich City way,” said Bowkett. “The philosophy is quite important, in that the board have reassessed where we are. We’ve had four very successful years and we’ve had a very bad year this year.

“Some lessons to learn are that we probably brought in too many new players who didn’t have Premier League experience – although they had very good individual talents. I have to say we probably played not to lose, rather than to play to win.

“Going forward we want people to put a team out that has a flexible style in terms of different tactics but plays to win.

Click here!

“We want to play a passing game. There will be times and it will be appropriate, when you’re under the cosh against Chelsea, you want 10 men behind the ball. But there will be other times when, for example in the Premier League, you go to Hull and play for 64 minutes against 10 men, and you wouldn’t know how to open a can of tuna, let alone their defence. And that is not tolerable.

“We have to play an entertaining, passing game. We have to be able to attack at pace, possibly sometimes on the counter-attack. We have to be able to change tactics within the game, and we have to be able to entertain.

“But above all, I want to win. I don’t come to football to think, oh, that was a nice goalless draw.

“Winning 4-3 one week and losing 4-3 the next week is not going to be acceptable. But we have a quality team that can really play attacking football against any Championship side.”

Well yes, it does seem fair enough, Surfer. At face value. But the proof of the pudding is always in the eating.There were many of us who bemoaned Hughton''s complete inability to change tactics within the game. The dull predictabilty of his teams and the lack of any spark. We saw alarm bells not just ringing, but blaring out after the Hull fiasco. . We pointed out the absence of back to back wins, and the resultant inexorable plunge down the table. All stuff that Bowkett refers to above.We were poo-pooed by the usual subjects on here, but that''s of little matter. If it was so obvious to Bowkett and the board, then why was a change not made earlier ?So yes, these are all good soundbite words from him. I though, will be more impressed if I see real changes on the field come August.

So will I Reggie. CH''s football bored me to tears, right from the Ajax friendly in fact. Still, new manager now, we''ll see how things go - some style and passion plus some decent results and we''ll all feel a lot better....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Are you a idiot if you manage to find offence in almost everything the club does? Some people need to stop looking for things to be p@/sed off about.[/quote]Ha Ha Ha. In case it has escaped your notice Beagle, we do not have to ''go around looking'' for stuff to be p!ssed off about just at the present. There''s plenty that jumps out and smacks you in  the face. Like being relegated from the Prem. And scoring well less than a goal a game last season. To name but two.[/quote]

Yes two valid reasons to be annoyed, not this nonsense. This is searching for extra things to wallow in maybe your enjoying the misery so much you want to find everything possible to complain about, but not me.

The main point of this post is if it was so obvious to Bowkett and the board, then why was a change not made earlier ?

To try & pretend that they are looking after our club is farcical after comin out with a statement like that