Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Financial Situation/ Players out of contract

The players out of contract this year are

Pilkington

Tuner

Tettey

Bunn

I think the club has an option on most of them with the possible exception of Turner and seems to have already exercised this option with Pilkington i would assume to get a fee (2.5M?)

If all 4 get a 1 year extension that leaves us with a massive no out of contract in 12 months;

Bunn, Pilkington, Tuner, Tettey, Garrido, R Bennett, Snodgrass, Hoolohan, Surman and Rudd.

Surman and Hoollohan look almost certain to be gone in days, which leaves urgent decisions on the others.

Even with some players immediately trimmed off the wage bill, Fox, Nash and the 3 loanees our wage bill is probably only just short of 40M. So most of the 9 above will need to go plus one or more of the biggest earners; Ruddy, RVW, Bassong or Fer.

Only then we will know how much money we have got to spend, with no outs at all it will surely be nothing.

If you look at our finances for 2012-13 we were spending 51M on wages which possibly went up to about 55M last year. The wage reduction on relegation will be 25% to 33 % I assume leaving us with say 38M on wages.

The TV money of approx 26M, Gate Revenue of 11M and other finances of about 10M, will balance out the wages leaving us short on the costs of paying for the Youth set up (approx 5M?). So if my calculations are right we will have to make a transfer profit of up to 5M just to break even.

Have I got this roughly right, perhaps Purple or Tangible got input on this rather gloomy outlook.

Don''t forget the wage bill immediately went down from relegation clauses for all the players. Also, the prize money was substantially bigger this year, plus parachute money. I don''t think we need be overly concerned about the financial side.

I''m not sure if your right but I do know that you''ve made every conceivable effort to make the facts look as bleak as possible.

Have you considered a career in politics?

I know the wage bill went down, I have tried to factor this in , in my back of the fag packet calculations.

I think my rough figures offer a counter to those people who think we can spend about 10M on transfers with nothing coming in, we can''t.

We are only facing a containable loss because we had clauses written in without that we would have been looking at a fire sale.

Good job we put those clause in then, eh?

Sack the board etc.

Yawn.

Good post.

I think the good news is most of our high value assets are on decent contracts (Ruddy, RVW, Hooper, Fer etc).

We''re not going to let any of those go for less than £5m IMO. And I''d like to keep them all should they be up for the challenge.

So what do people think our transfer budget will be?

Some of the players who leave will be replaced by some our youth team, Loza, Morris and Murphy. Then perhaps Gafaiti, McGeehan and the other Murphy brother may come into contention.

I still think we need to keep some of our big characters such as Ruddy and Turner, as for Bassong, I wouldn''t mind seeing him leave.

I haven''t made my mind up about RVW part of me wants him to repay his record fee back, part of me says he''d be better of loaned back to Portugal or a PL club (if they''d have him). I like Fer and I think his strength would be a great asset to have in the team, especially in the Championship, but that depends if he actually wants to stay. Tetty, Hoolahan and Becchio can go, as I can''t imagine they want to stay either. But Becchio has proven he can score over 20 goals in the league, so he might be worth holding on to.

Going to such an interesting summer of Ins and outs, I just hope whatever happens it''s for the best.

If we sell Hoolahan & Bassong who both want to leave, we won''t get a lot but we''ll get a bit and two high earners of the wage bill. If rumours are to be believed Bassong was the highest earner before last summer, I imagine at least one of Ricky/Hooper/Fer overtook him though.

Then we have Fer, Wolfie & Snodgrass who will either want to leave, the club want to get rid or will attract attention (plus Ruddy, but I don''t think he''s going anywhere). If we sell one of those we''ll be getting a nice chunk to add to our transfer budget and another high earner off the wage bill.

Then Tettey and Becchio, Tettey apparently wants to leave, he may not be on all that much compared to some of the others mentioned but you never know. And Becchio, well if he stays we have a good Championship striker if he goes he''s another big earner according to reports.

I think we''ll have a nice amount to spend this summer, and we only really need to spend to replace, although you have to include Yobo and Elmander as players needing replacements I guess.

Three or four will be sold, for around 10 million in total.  So if that money goes back in, plus just five million of the parachute payment money, we will have a massive budget for the championship.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Tettey apparently wants to leave, he may not be on all that much compared to some of the others mentioned but you never know. [/quote]I thought that he was staying?

They also didn''t spend anywhere near the allocated funds for last season.(big money attempts that never came)

So the pot is still very healthy without selling anyone.

Is Tettey out of contract? He has been with us only two years. His tweets published on here by someone suggests that he wants to stay and thinks Adams is a top manager - the two opinions may be connected, of course!

[quote user="militantcanary"]The players out of contract this year are

Pilkington

Tuner

Tettey

Bunn

I think the club has an option on most of them with the possible exception of Turner and seems to have already exercised this option with Pilkington i would assume to get a fee (2.5M?)

If all 4 get a 1 year extension that leaves us with a massive no out of contract in 12 months;

Bunn, Pilkington, Tuner, Tettey, Garrido, R Bennett, Snodgrass, Hoolohan, Surman and Rudd.

Surman and Hoollohan look almost certain to be gone in days, which leaves urgent decisions on the others.

Even with some players immediately trimmed off the wage bill, Fox, Nash and the 3 loanees our wage bill is probably only just short of 40M. So most of the 9 above will need to go plus one or more of the biggest earners; Ruddy, RVW, Bassong or Fer.

Only then we will know how much money we have got to spend, with no outs at all it will surely be nothing.

If you look at our finances for 2012-13 we were spending 51M on wages which possibly went up to about 55M last year. The wage reduction on relegation will be 25% to 33 % I assume leaving us with say 38M on wages.

The TV money of approx 26M, Gate Revenue of 11M and other finances of about 10M, will balance out the wages leaving us short on the costs of paying for the Youth set up (approx 5M?). So if my calculations are right we will have to make a transfer profit of up to 5M just to break even.

Have I got this roughly right, perhaps Purple or Tangible got input on this rather gloomy outlook.[/quote]That £51m figure was for a 13-month financial year. Something I knew perfectly well but stupidly forgot in a post a while ago. Too much white wine, or not enough. For comparitive purposes, for a 12-month period (which is what they will be from the current year soon ending onwards) that figure should be reduced to around £47m.So whatever they have risen to in this year will effectively be from £47m rather than £51m. Our wages went up by 27 per cent from £37m in the Lambert season to that £47m in the first Hughton season. A similar rise would put our wages for the Hughton II season nearer £60m than your estimate of £55m, but I have no idea if that is what the rise was. Nor any idea what the relegation clauses will stipulate by way of reduction. For what it is worth, our wage bill in the Championship season of 2010-11 was only £18m. I am not sure that is much of a guide.

[quote user="militantcanary"]The players out of contract this year are

Pilkington

Tuner

Tettey

Bunn

Have I got this roughly right, perhaps Purple or Tangible got input on this rather gloomy outlook.[/quote]

I think there contracts have been extended otherwise they would of left with nash and fox.

Scuse me, but ive been under a rock for a while. A team that played like we did last season cost 50 million in wages you say ?

The world has gone mad.