Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

So we're favourites for promotion

We have parachute payments so many will see this as giving us a significant advantage. Whether it does depends on how much the transfer budget is and how astutely it is used.

And burnley were 4th favourites to be relegated.

Shows how pointless odds are at this stage. Not even worth looking at

The bookies are just being lazy and going with the obvious choices. No other thought processes have gone into the opening book.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]We won''t be promoted. Sorry.[/quote]

Is your blood yellow because you''re scared of everything? It must be miserable being you.

We were favourites before Adams was given the job permanently so doubt the odds have anything to do with Adams - even Adrian Durham criticized the club for the appointment yet said Adams should get us promoted with our squad

[quote user="YellowBlood"]We won''t be promoted. Sorry.[/quote]

No need to apologise. But as you can predict the future with such certainty can I have tonight''s lottery numbers please?

As of 3 days ago, i think we were reasonably justified to be quoted as favourites , before anyone leaves and with parachute payments......however our managerial appointment means that we''ve decided to to try and do it with an arm tied behind our back. 

So why haven''t the odds changed?

Presumably very little money goes on at the moment. The alternative is that perhaps Adams is viewed less badly by others than by our own fans!!!!

City 1st will be along to explain shortly I''m sure.

Well Jenkins I was a great fan of Hughton and thought if we had been kept him we would still be in the Prem and heading upwards and onwards.

What were your predictions last season as you seem to criticise a section of support that happened to disagree with you and me and may be be disagreeing with you and me now?

Main Discussion... » Re: So we''re favourites for promotion

Bury Yellow wrote the following post at 24/05/2014 7:11 PM:

Well Jenkins I was a great fan of Hughton and thought if we had been kept him we would still be in the Prem and heading upwards and onwards.

What were your predictions last season as you seem to criticise a section of support that happened to disagree with you and me and may be be disagreeing with you and me now?

I wonder why we are still favourites to win the league if Adams was such a bad appointment.

Sorry were you replying to a different post?

You already answered your question - because nobody puts money on teams to win the league now. It''s been discussed that odds are adjusted to reflect betting patterns. Any sensible betting person would wait until after the transfer window at least, therefore no money is placed to change odds

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Both Malky and Lennon were odds on to. Look how well that ended.[/quote] QPR were favourites for promotion last season. Look how that turned out. [;)]

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Both Malky and Lennon were odds on to. Look how well that ended.[/quote] QPR were favourites for promotion last season. Look how that turned out. [;)][/quote]

Now that would be exciting. And another trip to Wembley.

Championship play off finals really are great occasions.

The trip to Cardiff is still very vivid in my mind, so is the pain. I dont think I have ever been as gutted as at the end of that one, worst possible way to lose!

Wouldnt have missed it for the world though.