Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Toughest Championship in years

Although there''s not 1 clear run-away favourite such as a Newcastle (although i think Derby will run away with it), it looks like this season will be incredibly tough. Yeovil have been replaced with Wolves, Barnsley with a decent Brentford team. There doesn''t seem to be any obvious whipping boys.

And the annoying thing is you know fans will blame Adams and want him out if we finish outside the play offs, which at this early stage looks very possible.

Would you be annoyed if we finished 7th or 8th? (depending on which players come in/out)

Im sure this point is made every year tho. Still have crap like Millwall, Charlton, L.Orient, Sheff W etc

Forget the opposition, it''s up to us to impose our game on whomever we play - it may be a very even quality league, On paper, Derby, Fulham and Wigan are the only teams I''d be too concerned about ... but time will tell.

[quote user="Jacks Back"]you know fans will blame Adams and want him out if we finish outside the play offs, which at this early stage looks very possible[/quote]Without anybody having a clue what our squad will look like that is a stupid statement (excepting to those of you from Suffolk of course).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jacks Back"]you know fans will blame Adams and want him out if we finish outside the play offs, which at this early stage looks very possible[/quote]Without anybody having a clue what our squad will look like that is a stupid statement (excepting to those of you from Suffolk of course). [/quote]

I''m guessing you missed the ''at this early stage'' part? Obviously it can all change. So we might as well make this forum redundant for 2 months until we have a better idea?

And yes obviously those 5 miles from the Norfolk border to my house makes all the difference.

I don''t think that really stands up to too much scrutiny, it will not really be any more or less tough than in other years. The Champs is full of decent sides, many of whom have been PL in recent seasons and want to get back. This is what makes it so competitive and exciting, far different to the ''money talks'' land of the PL. It will be tough, but for once we will have money on our side and need to make it count.

[quote user="Jacks Back"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jacks Back"]you know fans will blame Adams and want him out if we finish outside the play offs, which at this early stage looks very possible[/quote]Without anybody having a clue what our squad will look like that is a stupid statement (excepting to those of you from Suffolk of course). [/quote] I''m guessing you missed the ''at this early stage'' part? Obviously it can all change. So we might as well make this forum redundant for 2 months until we have a better idea?

And yes obviously those 5 miles from the Norfolk border to my house makes all the difference.[/quote]No need to make the forum redundant if people post sensibly. But to talk of the manager being sacked just a few days after he''s given the job just aint sensible.

Wrong thinking. We should be aiming for top 4, with our resources. Of course, we don''t know who will be with us at the start of the season. However, we should be able to get quality replacements if good players leave. I believe we should expect nothing less than top 4. Whilst this doesn''t mean we''ll go up, it''ll give us a good chance. We need to add some winners to the squad as a winning mentality went astray last season...

[quote user="Wishbone"]Wrong thinking. We should be aiming for top 4, with our resources. Of course, we don''t know who will be with us at the start of the season. However, we should be able to get quality replacements if good players leave. I believe we should expect nothing less than top 4. Whilst this doesn''t mean we''ll go up, it''ll give us a good chance. We need to add some winners to the squad as a winning mentality went astray last season...[/quote]Absolutely, while I was of the attitude that 17th or better would do last season in the prem, Championship top six should be absolute minimum requirement. I''m also confident that we can meet that at the very least with a bit of reworking.

Not overly sure why we are favorites other than it being so soon after the end of the season where we finished highest out of all of the teams that will be in the Championship.The teams I would be concerned about in terms of directly competing with?Cardiff, Fulham, Wigan, Derby, Brighton, Blackburn and maybe Reading.The reason for this is that a few of them are well backed financially - and the others are well organised and have been challenging the top six for several seasons now.It''s certainly not straight forward but it is perhaps a little more forgiving as there are more games.

I''d add Wolves to that. Not unusual for League 1 winners to challenge, and they walked it this year.

Most seasons similar is said, and then at the season end it was the easiest Championship in years. Its tough for those sides without parachute payments thats for sure.........

If we believe that our youngsters have the capability to eventually play in the Prem, then I would be prepared to wait another year to blood them and give them the confidence to play in an expressive way but in more of a pressure situation than youth leagues.

I don''t see the necessity of going back to the Prem just for the sake of being in it.

This time, when we return, I would like to see it sustainable and achieved without having to take risks on expensive, to us, signings who may not adapt.

Of course we will be one of the favourites. The rest of Britain, including shrewd bookmakers, are not arguing about Adam''s merits. They will be viewing us as one of, if not the, strongest teams.

When the money starts going on we probably won''t be favourites, due to Adams inexperience. But then, that may work for us if the pressure is off.

Norwich fans, of all people, should know how hard that division is to get out of.The last time we struggled and eventually ended up in League 1. The time before that we spent 9 years or so in mid-table obscurity. On both occasions we were favourites to bounce straight back.Personally i''ll be happy with a push at the playoffs, with a playoff spot the following year and promotion within 3.I don''t expect many City fans to be so patient, however.

We''re going up in second place again at worse. We have a decent Premier league side that had all life, confidence and attacking threat strangled out of it by an inept coaching team well out of their depth. They''re gone, a new man with a better philosophy is in who the players are fully behind who will have a huge budget for this league.

Ruddy''s staying. No other keeper comes close to him at this level, he''s worth 15 points on his own.

Russel Martin was the second best right back in the league last time we got promoted and has only improved

R.Bennet was a stand out in this league before

Ollson or Garrido will be exceptional it this level

We''re not gonna concede many goals for a start

Snodgrass will again make defenders look like mugs in this league and I reckon he''ll stay

Redmond will scare the sh!t out of most defenders as well even if he often c0cks up once he gets beyond them. E. Bennet will also stand out.

We do need new CM''s though I''ll admit

RVW or Hooper will guarentee at least 15 goals this year assuming they have a poor season again by their standards and I''m sure we can afford another decent striker, if not there''s Becchio who is proven at this level.

Basically we really shouldn''t be worrying about any other teams next year, they should really be worrying about us!

I love the confidence......Reminds me of those ''On loan to Division One - One season only'' shirts that were sold back in 95.

What''s to fear? I''ll be at Carrow Road in subsequent seasons regardless of what happens.But i will be realistic.We were relegated for a reason. The squad isn''t good enough and needs a lot of work. As i said, promotion in 3 years is my target.But each to their own, and i certainly hope you''re right and i''ve got it hopelessly wrong.