Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

How do you like your Playoffs?

The way they are now with two legged semi finals and a final at Wembley, or the Scottish way?

Have just seen Hibs lose to Hamilton after a two legged affair.

The losers are relegated (as it happens on their own ground) and the winners are promoted (to the Premiership)

I think that is more ''extreme'' than seeing your team lose at Wembley (which would be heartbreaking enough), to see the other team, on your ground, take the spoils, whilst you go down

Hib''s messed up big time there, home ground advantage should have seen them through. But or play off system I think is better, and the fans get a day at Wembley whereas there''s only the chance of cup finals otherwise, and let''s face it, the way our recent managers have taken a cup run we''ll never get there.

I reckon the teams in League 1 would be pretty annoyed, having to compete with a resurgent Derby next year who would walk that league, it would be utter chaos!

I love our current format though, it''s so exciting and gives over half the league hope of achieving something usually for most of the season

Excitement (or heartache) apart, I can''t abide the play offs. They were purported to nullify the end of season situations of teams having nothing to play for.

Nearly every team sport has them nowadays so they have to be accepted. In rugby, there is no automatic promotion but a four top finisher play off system. That is even worse.

Personally, I like the Scottish idea. It never ceases to amaze how many teams that finish third seem to miss out. In league two it could be the seventh placed team or over a quarter of they way down the division!

A two legged affair between us and Derby would seem much clearer and ultimately fairer. But that is easy to say in hindsight.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]The way they are now with two legged semi finals and a final at Wembley, or the Scottish way?

Have just seen Hibs lose to Hamilton after a two legged affair.

The losers are relegated (as it happens on their own ground) and the winners are promoted (to the Premiership)

I think that is more ''extreme'' than seeing your team lose at Wembley (which would be heartbreaking enough), to see the other team, on your ground, take the spoils, whilst you go down[/quote]Used to be like that in the Football League for two seaons in 1987 and 1988 when the League was restructured.I remember Middlesbrough of the Second Div beat Chelsea of the First. There was fun and games after the second leg at the Bridge