Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Thinking about the TD

So as. I have listened to talk of a technical director coming in, it made me ask the question who did all this stuff (nutrition and well being etc.) before?

One of the things that many of the CH apologists said in his favour was the number of injuries we had this season, long term injuries.

Yet under the previous system CH was the man who was responsible for all the medical, fitness and conditioning side too.

So was the ''failure'' of CH not only down to poor tactics but also his inability to properly manage the things that go on off the field as well?

No, they obviously have a lot of Staff to look after the player''s needs - physios, shrinks, masseuse, hairdressers, etc. and as it is on the ''football'' side I presume the ''Football'' manager is responsible for managing them. A TD will take a lot of this paperwork away.

I wold have preferred a Director of Football to be on the Board''s wish list, although they are clearly in a better position to identify needs.

A senior figure within the game to co-ordinate with the coaching staff on everything from player recruitment to tactics to man-management of both the playing staff and the Board.

I have seen Joe Royle being wrongly connected and also Iwan Roberts being mistakenly assumed as that man. Either way such a figure at Carrow Road would resonate more with McNally''s mention of Neil Adams needing guidance due to his lack of experience and would be a valuable addition to the Club''s hierarchy.

I always assumed in any case that we had a backroom full of staff dealing (pampering) to the player''s every needs, from physios to psychoanalysts and to nannies to pick up the toys when they flew out of the pram.  

Anyhow, as seems to be the constant case these days, confusion emanates from the corridors of Carrow Road. McNally, in particular, seems all over the place at the moment.

We''ll just have to wait with abated breath as to what this roll really  involves and whether it be more than just a dietician and a pen-pusher. You never know, if Ricky had been fed roll-mop at half-time then he might have been in double figures this season and if Bradley had been fed raw meat the night before he might have hit the net more often than the back row of the Barclay.