Sign in to follow this  
Newton

SKY Sports News - Israel Billionaire in club takeover

My dislike of Israel has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is a Jewish state.Israeli forces kill innocent people daily, restrict the movement of an entire people and jails most of them for no reason as well.I''m not anti a Jewish home land but I AM anti a state that kills innocent people purely because they happen to be Arab/Palestinian.

[quote user="Newton"]I agree I started this thread to highlight the fact that there is investment out there but Delia has spent 15 years avoiding it, as she is desperate to keep her tight grip on Carrow Road But a number of people have used this thread to air racist views which is inappropriate and needs to stop[/quote]

Huzzah!

[quote user="bennyboy"]Mods, please lock this thread. I can''t stand to read any more of Kick it Off''s covert antisemitism. This is a place for football discussion, not ignorance.[/quote]Don''t like it, don''t read it.  Calling for censorship is for the weak-minded, much like clicking that old "report" button.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]My dislike of Israel has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is a Jewish state.Israeli forces kill innocent people daily, restrict the movement of an entire people and jails most of them for no reason as well.I''m not anti a Jewish home land but I AM anti a state that kills innocent people purely because they happen to be Arab/Palestinian. [/quote]Yes, just the same as the missile attacks into Israel from the Gaza strip kill innocent people and militants on the other side of the fence have used civilians as human shields. You don''t think that Palestinians haven''t killed Israelis just because they''re Israeli?  It''s a messy conflict where both sides are guilty of lots of things. Putting all the blame on Israel stinks though.Apologies for picking up on the pseudo-country thing to others who would rather talk about football here, of which I am one, but I didn''t think that should be left unremarked.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]My dislike of Israel has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is a Jewish state.Israeli forces kill innocent people daily, restrict the movement of an entire people and jails most of them for no reason as well.I''m not anti a Jewish home land but I AM anti a state that kills innocent people purely because they happen to be Arab/Palestinian. [/quote]
Exactly.
Anti-Zionism, not anti-semitism.
There''s nothing racist about it.
But some people don''t seem to grasp that and have to make wild accusations of Anti-Semitism.
And in response to YellowBirdie''s point re: Palestinians killing Israelis - yes it happens, and yes it is wrong. However if I were being kept in concentration camp-eque conditions then I would fight back with everything I had too. Israel has systematically targetted women and children and committed war crimes such as rounding up Palestinian civilians, into a house, then shelling it with a tank. Palestine has fired some rockets over the border. Israel killed more innocent civilians in 5 minutes of the 2009 war, than Palestine have in the last 20+ years combined. If Israel wants peace, they hold all the cards in the deck to get that done, but that''s not their agenda unfortunately.
Being Anti-Israel has nothing whatsoever with racism or anti-semitism. Just to do with the difference between right and wrong. The problem is, people get all too sensitive/passionate about the issue which prevents reasonable discussion and debate (myself included). If I''m a racist for being against the actions of Israel''s, then you''re a racist for supporting the slaughter of Palestinians. It cuts both ways and is a nonsense card to throw out there, as I''ve clearly stated I have no problem with Israel existing as a Jewish homeland, even though I don''t believe they have a right to that land, but I have a problem with the way they exist.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]My dislike of Israel has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is a Jewish state.Israeli forces kill innocent people daily, restrict the movement of an entire people and jails most of them for no reason as well.I''m not anti a Jewish home land but I AM anti a state that kills innocent people purely because they happen to be Arab/Palestinian. [/quote]
Exactly.
Anti-Zionism, not anti-semitism.
There''s nothing racist about it.
But some people don''t seem to grasp that and have to make wild accusations of Anti-Semitism.
And in response to YellowBirdie''s point re: Palestinians killing Israelis - yes it happens, and yes it is wrong. However if I were being kept in concentration camp-eque conditions then I would fight back with everything I had too. Israel has systematically targetted women and children and committed war crimes such as rounding up Palestinian civilians, into a house, then shelling it with a tank. Palestine has fired some rockets over the border. Israel killed more innocent civilians in 5 minutes of the 2009 war, than Palestine have in the last 20+ years combined. If Israel wants peace, they hold all the cards in the deck to get that done, but that''s not their agenda unfortunately.
Being Anti-Israel has nothing whatsoever with racism or anti-semitism. Just to do with the difference between right and wrong. The problem is, people get all too sensitive/passionate about the issue which prevents reasonable discussion and debate (myself included). If I''m a racist for being against the actions of Israel''s, then you''re a racist for supporting the slaughter of Palestinians. It cuts both ways and is a nonsense card to throw out there, as I''ve clearly stated I have no problem with Israel existing as a Jewish homeland, even though I don''t believe they have a right to that land, but I have a problem with the way they exist.
[/quote]Sorry, you''re piling criticism on one side while making excuses for the other. Not buying it.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Sorry, you''re piling criticism on one side while making excuses for the other. Not buying it.[/quote]
You can not buy it all you like. Look at the death tolls from both sides since Israel''s inception and then we''ll discuss proportionate blame.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Sorry, you''re piling criticism on one side while making excuses for the other. Not buying it.[/quote]
You can not buy it all you like. Look at the death tolls from both sides since Israel''s inception and then we''ll discuss proportionate blame.
[/quote]You can try and excuse it all you like, but the fact is that you started off on the precept of having a go at the prospective investor because he happens to come from something you describe as a ''pseudo-nation''. You gave away your prejudice right there and then in judging him personally because that''s where he came from.

[quote user="BGGandYPOS"]Just wish she would go to the Pope as she''s Catholic, his mob are loaded[/quote] Interesting concept the catholic church sponsoring a football club. Do you think their brand would experience a halo effect?

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="BGGandYPOS"]Just wish she would go to the Pope as she''s Catholic, his mob are loaded[/quote] Interesting concept the catholic church sponsoring a football club. Do you think their brand would experience a halo effect?
[/quote]

If needing a late goal we can always try the old Hail Mary