Sign in to follow this  
Newton

SKY Sports News - Israel Billionaire in club takeover

Is this the same Reading who were taken over a couple of years ago by a Russian billionaire, perhaps he''s got bored already?

Long term stability for me please, rather than someone who will clear off at the first sign of adversity.

Mind you I wish some of our ''supporters'' would clear off at the first sign of adversity rather than constantly whining and posting utter rubbish.

[quote user="killiecanary"]Ok Wiz - that is on the face of it a fair point. Let''s look at them Hull - owned by a local businessman who nevertheless still wants to change the clubs name, and who is underwriting the clubs outgoings. Has divided the fans and threatened to leave and take his money with already this season Aston villa - Lerner has had enough and is looking to sell to anyone who,will give him enough. I don''t think anyone can say that his time in charge of villa has brought joy and success can they? An object lesson in how having a rich foreign owner does NOT bring automatic success Qpr. - Fernandes isn''t some random foerign billionaire., he is a massive qpr fan who sits in the stands. And even then if he were to withdraw his financial backing, how deep would the sh1t be that qpr would be in then? Southampton - a great success story I grant you. But underwritten by an amazing youth system bringing through outstanding players on a regular basis. Who they still then sell on. And remember the furores earlier in the season when the original investor passed on and the family wanted to change things...not s settled situation either... So i would still rather stick with what we''ve got. If a truly benevolent, ultra rich, norwich city mad investor wants to commit his bank balance to the fuze then great....not aware of any though?.[/quote]

Damn fine reply killie, we''ll just have to agree to disagree, I see Smith and Jones as a giant millstone around our necks, ie. keeps us ticking over but only just.

Aside of what your views are on the clubs current ownership, it is clear that should an appropriate invester come along, that there will certainly be a time when the club would seriously consider whats on the table. We all have different views on what type of investor would be suitable, and my guess is that, most of our views will actually be very similar to those of the board, and that is the challenge, as the ideal investor will be very hard to find.

Indeed - which is surely the purpose of a forum!

Incidentally I forgot to include our educationally sub normal suffolk neighbours in my original list of how not to find investment,

Bottom line - you need to be mighty careful who you allow into your club.

I''m with Killiecanary on this, only Southampton may come out of all this with any degree of honour.

I like it that the members of our board still operate in the real world and are "poor millionaires".

The disappointing thing about the two big games played yesterday was that the richer side won in both games.

The EPL may be the wealthiest league in the world at the moment, but it is not necessarily the most entertaining, and if Sky decided to turn its attention to a different league all these heavily indebted clubs will be in serious trouble.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="the bristol nest"]So an Israeli shows interest in reading. Why does this have to become an anti Delia thread? What''s more offensive is the casual antisemitism. What a shower.[/quote]

Disliking Israel doesn''t mean anti-Semitism.

[/quote]
+1.
Israel is the only nation in the WORLD where you can get citizenship based solely on your faith. If that criteria was replaced with skin colour, everyone would be up in arms about it. My own personal view, which I''m fully entitled to, is that the STATE OF ISRAEL is abhorrent due to the consistent massacres and human rights abuses they have committed throughout the duration of their history. They have effectively turned Palestine into a concentration camp (and yes, I don''t give a f*** if you find that distasteful, several of my family were slaughtered by the Nazis in the holocaust and my Grandfather survived Mauthausen, so if anyone has a right to say that, it''s me).
I am not anti-semitic, I have absolutely no problem with Jewish people. Citizens of the state of Israel, by and large buy into the propaganda machine that Netanyahu and his cronies deliver, and they keep voting right wing facist war-mongers like him into the Knesset. I have a problem with Israel in the same way most people have a problem with Nazi Germany. I would have no problem having a Jewish owned club, but I would have a problem with an Israeli-owned one, unless the buyer had publically aired disgust for the actions of Israel previously.
I''m not anti-semitic, but I am anti-Israel. There''s nothing more anti-semitic than Zionism.

Hi Dubai Mark

When did Delia ever say she would seriously consider allowing outside investment, please enlighten me ?

What do u eat before u go to bed - its making u have terrible fantasies ?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="the bristol nest"]So an Israeli shows interest in reading. Why does this have to become an anti Delia thread? What''s more offensive is the casual antisemitism. What a shower.[/quote]

Disliking Israel doesn''t mean anti-Semitism.

[/quote]
+1.
Israel is the only nation in the WORLD where you can get citizenship based solely on your faith. If that criteria was replaced with skin colour, everyone would be up in arms about it. My own personal view, which I''m fully entitled to, is that the STATE OF ISRAEL is abhorrent due to the consistent massacres and human rights abuses they have committed throughout the duration of their history. They have effectively turned Palestine into a concentration camp (and yes, I don''t give a f*** if you find that distasteful, several of my family were slaughtered by the Nazis in the holocaust and my Grandfather survived Mauthausen, so if anyone has a right to say that, it''s me).
I am not anti-semitic, I have absolutely no problem with Jewish people. Citizens of the state of Israel, by and large buy into the propaganda machine that Netanyahu and his cronies deliver, and they keep voting right wing facist war-mongers like him into the Knesset. I have a problem with Israel in the same way most people have a problem with Nazi Germany. I would have no problem having a Jewish owned club, but I would have a problem with an Israeli-owned one, unless the buyer had publically aired disgust for the actions of Israel previously.
I''m not anti-semitic, but I am anti-Israel. There''s nothing more anti-semitic than Zionism.
[/quote]A more tangible factor would be where the would-be owner''s money had come from. Anyone whose wealth was founded on the repression and murder of the Palestinian people ought not to be considered. Obvious categories that would rule someone out include settlement  construction or work for the military.

Did she not say that the club would welcome investment from anyone with NCFC interests at heart?

My understanding is that the board will welcome investment - as long as it the right kind of investment...

With FFP it makes little or no sense to go chasing millionaire investment if the clubs trading income can''t support the rises in outlay? I am no expert on the rules going forward but we need to be very careful in soliciting new investment.

Newton, are you suggesting that anyone would do as long as a) they have loads of cash and b) they aren''t Delia smith?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]We could play Four-Four-Jew.

[/quote]

Oy vay have you done this bor, you should have quit whilst you were ahead...

killiecanary wrote the following post at 25/05/2014 1:39 PM:

Did she not say that the club would welcome investment from anyone with NCFC interests at heart?

My understanding is that the board will welcome investment - as long as it the right kind of investment...

With FFP it makes little or no sense to go chasing millionaire investment if the clubs trading income can''t support the rises in outlay? I am no expert on the rules going forward but we need to be very careful in soliciting new investment.

Newton, are you suggesting that anyone would do as long as a) they have loads of cash and b) they aren''t Delia smith?

I am certainly not suggesting we accept any form of investment but after 15 years someone suitable would have come forward or been unearthed

But then Delia is the master of fooling most of the people most of the time - Killicanary u are another who believes everything she says

She claims to be the custodian of the club only concerned about the fans but as some of u are beginning to realize she is only concerned about the control she exercises at Carrow Road

[quote user="Newton"]killiecanary wrote the following post at 25/05/2014 1:39 PM:

I am certainly not suggesting we accept any form of investment but after 15 years someone suitable would have come forward or been unearthed

But then Delia is the master of fooling most of the people most of the time - Killicanary u are another who believes everything she says

She claims to be the custodian of the club only concerned about the fans but as some of u are beginning to realize she is only concerned about the control she exercises at Carrow Road[/quote]So why haven''t they? There has been nothing to stop someone with sufficient money launching a takeover bid. Smith and Jones cannot prevent that from happening.And if everything about the bid stood up to rigorous scrutiny - the would-be owner''s finances were soundly based, their proposal reasonable in terms of valuation, and their plans for the club eminently sensible - then it would be very hard in the light of everything they have said for Smith and Jones to justify voting against it.

Hi PurpleCanary

No one can possibly launch a takeover bid because because this would only be successful if the majority of shareholders accepted any bid

Who holds the majority of the shares - we go back to Delia & Hubby

Surely the bid would have to go to all shareholders, majority or not. It would then be a very public rebuffal if Smith & Jones turned it down without good reason.

[quote user="Newton"]Hi PurpleCanary

No one can possibly launch a takeover bid because because this would only be successful if the majority of shareholders accepted any bid

Who holds the majority of the shares - we go back to Delia & Hubby[/quote]I did adequately cover that point in the second paragraph of a two-paragraph post.And if everything about the bid stood up to

rigorous scrutiny - the would-be owner''s finances were soundly based,

their proposal reasonable in terms of valuation, and their plans for the

club eminently sensible - then it would be very hard in the light of

everything they have said for Smith and Jones to justify voting against

it.If such a bid did survive that kind of scrutiny then Smith and Jones would find it impossible to resist the public pressure to sell up.

u right but why would anyone waste there time & money if the majority shareholder has already indicated a negative response to any approach

Surely one of the things about very very rich people is that they are pretty confident about getting their own way?

I would be astonished if a potential investor decided not to make an approach because the current owner might not like it very much?

Whether it fits your agenda or not, surely a more plausible scenario is that suitors with more money than sense (nobody really ever makes a personal profit from owning a football club, do they?) are rather scarce?

Like it or not however, we are going to have to confront this scenario at some point, as smith and jones are getting on aren''t they!

Nothing pseudo about Israel. Possession is nine tenths of the law and that lands their''s now even if it wasn''t before, same way as it was grabbed off the Jews who lived there back in biblical times. They got invaded and grabbed a bit more in fighting back, a bit that was supposed to be Palestinian, except everyone glosses over the fact that Syria had nicked that part for itself before the six-day war. Plenty of sympathy for the Palestinians of course and it''d be great to have a peaceful solution, but it won''t happen.

Everyone complains about Israel not respecting UN mandates, but the fact is those nations that invaded Israel weren''t respecting UN mandates either. And after the crap the Jews have had around the world over the centuries I''ve no problem with being hard-nosed in defending their interests so it can''t happen again.

Anyway, back to football. I quite agree I wouldn''t want an Israeli investor. We''d just end up with kidnapped players and bombs at the stadium.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Nothing pseudo about Israel. Possession is nine tenths of the law and that lands their''s now even if it wasn''t before, same way as it was grabbed off the Jews who lived there back in biblical times. They got invaded and grabbed a bit more in fighting back, a bit that was supposed to be Palestinian, except everyone glosses over the fact that Syria had nicked that part for itself before the six-day war. Plenty of sympathy for the Palestinians of course and it''d be great to have a peaceful solution, but it won''t happen.

Everyone complains about Israel not respecting UN mandates, but the fact is those nations that invaded Israel weren''t respecting UN mandates either. And after the crap the Jews have had around the world over the centuries I''ve no problem with being hard-nosed in defending their interests so it can''t happen again.

Anyway, back to football. I quite agree I wouldn''t want an Israeli investor. We''d just end up with kidnapped players and bombs at the stadium.[/quote]
Remember the possession fact and be just as ambivalent if someone nicks your car will you?
There is absolutely no historical evidence to support the exile. Not one single account has ever been found. For such a momentous event, you would think at least one person would have decided to write about it. In fact the overwhelming weight of evidence suggests the Jews stayed where they were, which doesn''t exactly fit with your land grabbing theory (presuming you meant the fabled Roman land grab). The vast majority of Jews now in Israel have absolutely ZERO connection to that land, even through ancestry. Even Israel''s first Prime Minister believed the Jews of that region/time remained on that land and later converted to Islam and are now known as "Palestinians". It is only over the last 100 years that this myth of the "Jewish people" has emerged. Before then the only thing that Jewish people had in common was their religion, they did not exist as a seperate "people". 
They did not "get invaded" - the six day war began because Israel launched airstrikes on Egypt. Egyptian troops were being mobilised on the borders, but there was no invasion. 
So because my family were in the holocaust, I have a right to go round slaughtering people who had nothing to do with it too? This really p**ses me off. Israel would happily have you believe the only ones who suffered in WW2 were the Jews. Where is the homeland for the disabled?
I think the UN mandates everyone "complains about" Israel breaking, are the ones such as the convention of human rights, rules of war etc. Israel has consistently abused human rights, used illegal weaponry (White phosphorous on civilian populations etc) and routinely committed genocide. The army even had T-shirts printed with disgusting slogans such as "one shot, two kills" with a picture of a pregnant Palestinian woman between crosshairs, underneath it.You have no problem with that because they are "defending their interests"? If so I''m shocked at your lack of humanity. The only reason they get away with it is because America lets them. Any other nation would have been invaded (ironically by the Americans) for the atrocities that have been committed in the name of Israel.
How exactly is destroying people''s homes, blocking access to food/water and builiding/medical supplies "defending their interests"? Even assuming they have a right to exist as a nation, and to defend that nation, denying people water/food is not defending their interests. Unless their agenda, and therefore their interests are more focussed on eradicating Palestinians. Hardly a peaceful way to go about your business.
I have no problem with Israel existing (even though it is a pseudo-nation that is not supported by archaeological evidence), but I do have a problem with the way they exist.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Nothing pseudo about Israel. Possession is nine tenths of the law and that lands their''s now even if it wasn''t before, same way as it was grabbed off the Jews who lived there back in biblical times.  [/quote]
Even forgetting the fact that your argument is based upon a historic land grab that never happened, would you feel the same if Germany invaded and occupied England? "Oh well, guess it belongs to them now, we''ll just give up and start learning German".

The conquest of Judaeah by Babylon and the subsequent diaspora was real. It was a landgrab albeit a long long time ago. That region has passed from Empire to empire for the span of recorded history. Israel''s a fully functional state that was founded under a UN mandate, it''s no more or less legitimate than any other nation in the world that have all been founded out of conquest at the end of the day.

But the analogy of having your car nicked is totally flawed. Ultimately that occurs in the context of a system of law enforced by a sovereign nation that can act to redress it. International law is a rather fuzzy concept that most nations ignore whenever it''s convenient for them and use as an argument when it is convenient for them. Argentina and the Falklands, Spain and Gibraltar, Russia and Chrimea, Syria, Iraq, you can go on forever.

Herman wrote the following post at 25/05/2014 7:49 PM:

When did she indicate this?

Last Monday did u listen - it was made very clear any outside investment would be unwelcome unless the body concerned had the best interests of Norwich at heart

But after 15+ years no one has fulfilled this criteria and u have to ask yourself will any one ever be suitable in Delia''s eye

THE ANSWER IS NO

Mods, please lock this thread. I can''t stand to read any more of Kick it Off''s covert antisemitism. This is a place for football discussion, not ignorance.

I agree

I started this thread to highlight the fact that there is investment out there but Delia has spent 15 years avoiding it, as she is desperate to keep her tight grip on Carrow Road

But a number of people have used this thread to air racist views which is inappropriate and needs to stop