Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Leyton or Rotherham?

Rotherham would have been nice as we could have pretended they were Arsenal :-)

[quote user="River End Canary"]Rotherham as it''s a new ground I haven''t been to![/quote]

Haven''t you missed a line about plastics not going to either away ground etc etc

YOU''VE CHANGED!

From what I''ve seen of Rotherham and heard from Lge One team supporting friends this season, they are the sort of ''up and at em'' type outfit that Norwich City have come unstuck against on a regular basis over the years .....

Rotherham as it''s an easier away day for me. Never like away days in London, and Rotherham is only just over 90mins or so up the road.

Rotherham - because Richard Brindley plays for them, and as an ex-Canary youngster and academy product get''s my support.

I was there!

It took us ages to realise they were playing the second half with 10 men. And Ronnie Moore their manager was sent off too!

I wanted Orient to win. I always assiciate promotion with playing them. In fact in my time I think each of the four times we''ve been in the same division we were promoted.

Still we''ve alweays got the season ending in 5 stat to look forward to...

2004/5 Relegated

1994/5 Relegated

1984/5 Relegated

1974/5 Promoted.

But as 74/5 was the only one directly after a relegation I''m seeing it as a positive omen[8-|]

"First Wazzock"I was there!It took us ages to realise they were playing the second half with 10 men. And Ronnie Moore their manager was sent off too!

I was there too, nice shed. Shame they''ve got rid of it.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wanted Orient to win. I always assiciate promotion with playing them. In fact in my time I think each of the four times we''ve been in the same division we were promoted.

2004/5 Relegated

1994/5 Relegated

1984/5 Relegated

1974/5 Promoted.

But as 74/5 was the only one directly after a relegation I''m seeing it as a positive omen[8-|]

[/quote]

The one problem I see with those stats Nige is there seems to be far to many relegations. It couldn''t happen again could it? Ah no of course not, we now have a highly experienced manager in charge who''s knowledge of the championship is renowned, not to mention his experience on the transfer front. But of course we''re going to have a fabled Technical Director to help lead us to the promised land!

OTBC

[quote user="barkingmad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

2004/5 Relegated

1994/5 Relegated

1984/5 Relegated

1974/5 Promoted.

[/quote]

The one problem I see with those stats Nige is there seems to be far to many relegations. It couldn''t happen again could it? Ah no of course not, we now have a highly experienced manager in charge who''s knowledge of the championship is renowned, not to mention his experience on the transfer front. But of course we''re going to have a fabled Technical Director to help lead us to the promised land!

OTBC[/quote]

Well of course I did point this out but I also pointed out the only time we were promoted was when we were relegated from the top division the previous season. If you believe in these omens and think we are going to be relegated then go and help yourself to the 33/1 available because 9/4 is skinny for promotion. If you prefer the inside knowledge route then go check out your source who told you the managers job was between Lennon and Sherwood...

Nutty those statistics indicate we have suffered relegation on occassions when Delia was not the majority shareholder............surely that is incorrect?  [:P][;)]

Orient would''ve been nicer. Rotherham on a sunny day aint all that so lets hope it''s not a freezing Tue night in Feb when we play there.At least the Millers have moved out of Millmoor at last.........all those portakabins and that '' Mad Max '' backdrop of a huge scrapyard. Lovely.Their new place is called the New York Stadium. In Rotherham ??

They may have moved Graham but I bet they still indulge in that dirty northern habit of putting gravy on their chips. [;)]

TIL1010 posted:

Nutty those statistics indicate we have suffered relegation on occassions when Delia was not the majority shareholder............surely that is incorrect?

Light travels faster than the speed of sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until they speak.

There have also been occasions when we have been promoted when she wasn''t the majority shareholder so not all good things are from Delia either.

Maybe we can get them for our season opener - over our last 3 games against them we''ve scored 10 goals.. mind you they scored 8 :-)