Sign in to follow this  
Wizard of Waveney

Plastic fans

I keep hearing this phrase. What are they? Everyone seems to have differing definitions? What is a real fan?

Why do people need to label fans?

Can we get this nailed once and for all?

What is a real fan ?

Me.... I live in Norwich, I have a season ticket and I walk to the ground. [:P]

If you can watch a poor Norwich team on a poor internet stream, then you are a real fan, my son.

Some people call me plastic because I live in Swindon, but how many of those people, if in the same position would make the 400 mile round trip every other weekend to watch their team ? As I do.

I posted something similar in another thread, but it got overlooked so meh.

I would not consider myself a plastic even though I''ve only ever been to Norfolk once.

A plastic is like...a certain kind of person no? Jump on the bandwagon, glory chasing kinda cat.

These kind of people would not choose to support Norwich, a team without an incredibly glittery career or current success.

I think it''s more of cultural shift that people get frustrated with. Seems like football is no longer a working man''s game. It is expensive to go see a match, you''re watching a team of professionals you can not relate too. It''s a big deal.

Tallying up my disposable income from last year, I could of afforded to go to about 3 matches if I lived in Norwich. I don''t, and therefore I could of realistically afforded to go to one.

However, I could afford to buy plastic bottles and balloons in order to make 30 galleons of wine which I could drink whilst watching live streams.

And I am sad, that there will be no more streams.

I am sad.

Using the word plastic is just a way for internet trolls to try and wind up fans. That they keep on doing this proves nothing other than that they are poor sad individuals who really have no life outside the little bubble they live in. Nothing good to say about anyone and are probably the same people who turn on players, manager or board at the slightest thing. They are they are the real scourge of our club, not the so called plastics, who are probably more sincere and genuinely supportive than they will ever be.

[quote user="Herman "]Oh, it''s Waveney''s new moniker. At least it''s original[Y][/quote]

Marvin = sound like Merlin = Wizard     [:D]

Marvin Fairlady @Sparky46153529 2h

Banned again from the pinkun I have retired the waveney'' rec, Thorpe end and canary from the waveney valley brands and have unleashed a new1

[quote user="Marvin fairlady"]I keep hearing this phrase. What are they? Everyone seems to have differing definitions? What is a real fan?

Why do people need to label fans?

Can we get this nailed once and for all?[/quote]

Waveney, the only thing I want to see nailed is you to a fu,king post.

Do you not get bored of your tiresome trolling?