Sign in to follow this  
Wizard of Waveney

What will it take to build confidence in the board?

With the failure to buy well in summer, failure to sack Hughton soon enough and now the appointment permanently of Adams

What can they do to restore the confidence of the fans. The only thing I can think of is a blistering start to the season?

The only thing you can think of...............that is the only thing my man, winning and being succesfull, all the rest is hand wringing.

a.good transfer window. i mean hang on to ruddy olsson snoddy etc and bringing in quality like troy deeney etc.

[URL=http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/roysome2/media/600x329x20140525_untamedjpgpagespeedicXK5eMb0eH-1_zps1199cb34.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/roysome2/600x329x20140525_untamedjpgpagespeedicXK5eMb0eH-1_zps1199cb34.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Come on David.

Things ''aint that bad. Sharpen those horns and start again.

[URL=http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/roysome2/media/600x329x20140525_untamedjpgpagespeedicXK5eMb0eH-1_zps1199cb34.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/roysome2/600x329x20140525_untamedjpgpagespeedicXK5eMb0eH-1_zps1199cb34.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Come on David.

Things ''aint that bad. Sharpen those horns and start again.

Half the problem we have is the proportion of fans who think they know better than the board, whoever is on it. Whoever is on the board is treated with contempt by some people. Why? Because they resent the money they get and are jealous of them. Footballing wise our record over the last ten years has been mixed - like most clubs, with some success and some failure. Such is life in the football world. There are always a few people who can never accept that good things that happen are as much due to the board as the bad things. There is little not to be confident about. A healthy thriving club with finances under control and well placed to challenge at the top of the championship and make another foray into the top flight.

Even believing/considering that they have indeed made some mistakes, I personally have never lost confidence in them when considering the bigger picture and just how far we have now come. LDC just about sums it up nicely.

A productive transfer window bringing in a few quality players.

Holding on to key players like Ruddy, Olsson, Howson and I''d add Hooper at this level.

Get rid of the deadwood players quickly.

Bring in the rest of the management team and get them in place ASAP to minimise more disruption.

Start the season having given the manager the support required to prepare a team for playing the promised attacking and entertaining football.

Competing in the league and winning games.

Winning, and also maybe taking a team to the cleaners - i.e. we lost that ruthless edge good teams have when things are going well.

In a word "time". Last summer the Board financed expensive deals for players Hughton thought would be very good, and some of them disappointed terribly.

I hope that Adams does sign some good experienced players with known reputations in the Championship and above, and also one or two prospects who could come good in a year or two. We could increase our chances of immediate promotion by splashing money in signing players

who could look good immediately but would need to be replaced when we are promoted.

When he has achieved the two objectives, played some good football and taken us towards the top of the table, I hope that we shall be generous enough to congratulate the Board. My fear is that the anger will take long to dissipate and any small set-back will be accompanied by the kind of disbelief and criticism we have seen over many months.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Half the problem we have is the proportion of fans who think they know better than the board, whoever is on it. Whoever is on the board is treated with contempt by some people. Why? Because they resent the money they get and are jealous of them. Footballing wise our record over the last ten years has been mixed - like most clubs, with some success and some failure. Such is life in the football world. There are always a few people who can never accept that good things that happen are as much due to the board as the bad things. There is little not to be confident about. A healthy thriving club with finances under control and well placed to challenge at the top of the championship and make another foray into the top flight.[/quote]

Oh dear. here we go again, LDC. I''ll make no apologies about saying it, but there is more than a hint of ''easily satisfied'' in that response.I''m perfectly happy to acknowledge that the board have done some good things over the last few years, but the last 12 months have been an unmitigated disaster for them. No matter how you dress it up, that''s a fact. Dithering over the manager, a botched recruitment campaign last summer and a totally avoidable relegation from the Prem are not good things to have on your CV.To suggest that there is little not to be confident about absolutely beggars belief. A disillusioned squad led by a rookie manager ?...hmm.But, as so many others say, the one thing that will start to rebuild confidence is quite simple.....START WINNING SOME FOOTBALL MATCHES.