Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Neil Adams or Shteve Mclaren ?

If Mclaren hadn''t gone to Derby and made a success of things , was still out of work and a bit of a joke figure how would you have felt about us appointing him ? would you have preferred it to Neil Adams. I would have been livid and felt the board really were making us a laughing stock of us, it just shows you never know if an appointment is going to work or not and should give things a chance [:)] 

Nah. Couldn''t even beat a half-arsed 10-man comedy outfit like Qwopr with the devastating force that is Chris ''let''s get him back asap'' Martin.P1ss poor manager......

i think McClaren gets a unfair deal, did great job at middlesboro, won title abroad, did great with Derby, playing nice football, come on QPR were meant to be after that game. Failed as England manager but so has everyone since 66, just more galant failures than others, so yea i would take him in front of Adams for sure.

Well lets see a manager who has won European trophys and managed England or somebody who has never won a game , its a bit silly almost as silly as the board trying to make out Adams was a better choice than Lennon . We got the cheap option that wont go asking for money to spend .

Thats the whole point spartacus, we just dont know, yet so many City fans seem to want to put Neil down, its a mystery!

[quote user="im spartacus"]If Mclaren hadn''t gone to Derby and made a success of things , was still out of work and a bit of a joke figure how would you have felt about us appointing him ? would you have preferred it to Neil Adams. I would have been livid and felt the board really were making us a laughing stock of us, it just shows you never know if an appointment is going to work or not and should give things a chance [:)] [/quote]Steve McLaren record as manager of professional football teamP505 W231 D119 L155 Win Rate 45.74%1 League Cup win, 1 Championship in Holland

Neil Adams record as manager of professional football teamP5 W0 D1 L4 Win Rate 0%

Given the choice, reckon McLaren is a no-brainer.  Plus he could talk shome schense into Ricky Van and get him shcoring the goalsh.

Previous win rate is largely irrelevant given Adams'' run in. McLaren was building on the good work done by Nigel Clough (something he''s acknowledged in interviews), whereas NA has inherited a squad that has just been relegated, stripped of any confidence, negative mentality and woefully poor form, so it''s unfair to compare them side by side. Having said that I would choose SM every time!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="im spartacus"]If Mclaren hadn''t gone to Derby and made a success of things , was still out of work and a bit of a joke figure how would you have felt about us appointing him ? would you have preferred it to Neil Adams. I would have been livid and felt the board really were making us a laughing stock of us, it just shows you never know if an appointment is going to work or not and should give things a chance [:)] [/quote]Steve McLaren record as manager of professional football teamP505 W231 D119 L155 Win Rate 45.74%1 League Cup win, 1 Championship in Holland

Neil Adams record as manager of professional football teamP5 W0 D1 L4 Win Rate 0%

Given the choice, reckon McLaren is a no-brainer.  Plus he could talk shome schense into Ricky Van and get him shcoring the goalsh.[/quote]I''m guessing you''ve never come across the concept of sample sizes in statistics then...

But Jenkins it''s the failure to acknowledge the reality of our situation by the board of directors (and supported by many on here) which has returned us to the Championship. Our best bet of returning is next season. We don''t have the luxury of employing a manager to practise his skills. That''s why it would have to be McLaren every time. Fail next season then by all means turn to Adams -- it''s a complete rebuilding job at that point but not this.

What do you want to do then Highland, launch an Adams out campaign?

Any new appointment is a gamble, I guess you thought Hughton had a pretty good track record when we appointed him and look what happened there.

Neil is not a dud, he is not a Gunny, he is a good tactician and he has great potential, he is an astute football man, I am confident he will deliver for us but we will have to wait and see.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But Jenkins it''s the failure to acknowledge the reality of our situation by the board of directors (and supported by many on here) which has returned us to the Championship. Our best bet of returning is next season. We don''t have the luxury of employing a manager to practise his skills. That''s why it would have to be McLaren every time. Fail next season then by all means turn to Adams -- it''s a complete rebuilding job at that point but not this.[/quote]I don''t follow the logic there. But regardless, McLaren will not want to be leaving Derby having come so close this season and Derby won''t want him off either.

But beyond that, I don''t understand this idea that Adams achievements as manager of the Youth Team is not relevant. It seems a nonsense cooked up by people that want to paint the bleakest possible picture.

OK Jenkins, I agree. I still have no understanding whatsoever of the board''s thinking except NA must have been the cheapest option in the short-term. It''s difficult to shake the feeling of yet another missed opportunity. Enough said. Onwards and hopefully upwards. Looking forward to a new ground at Rotherham away and the fixtures next month.