Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

(Crackpot) Theory as to why we ended up with Adams

I get the feeling that the reason for the delay by the board was that initially looked at a number of high

calibre candidates including Lennon / Mackay etc. and selected the one they

wanted. They then found that that candidate wasn''t that enamored by the

club and wanted to wait to see if they could get a better job.This

made them think they needed someone who actually wanted the job not

someone who was just settling for it as they couldn''t get better.As they had already made a rod for their own backs with the new manager in a week pastiche they then panicked and thought they needed someone quickly. Therefore

rather than doing a second round of interviews for up and coming

managers with 2 / 3 years experience in the lower leagues (in the Lambert vein) they looked

through their list of candidates and identified the one who would

definitely not refuse them and was available quickly.To use a

metaphor Norwich were the average looking girl who had been waiting all year to

be asked to go to the Prom with the high school Quaterback and when he decided to go

with someone else realised they''d left it too late, the Prom was tomorrow, and so

decided to go with the ugly fat kid in an attempt to save face.

I think it is a lovely thought. A good looking woman in her younger years and a handsome young man. I mean she could do worse....

paul bearer photo:  paulbearer.gif 

McNally wanted Malky. He was impressed by how he interviewed. The Board, however, weren''t happy that Malky wanted a higher wage than Hughton was on in the Prem.

Malky wouldn''t move on that and because of that the Board opted for Adams, regardless of what McNally wanted. That is exactly what happened.

And if you don''t believe me then sticky this and watch when Ricky Martin (not the cr@p Latin singer) is appointed in the Technical doo dah post.

I''m amazed with all the stuff on the deadline on this message board. Deadlines invariably get set and changed in business negotiations - in fact it is the norm rather than the exception. No conspiracy, fantasy or mess up. Just the real world.

Til1010 posted I think it is a lovely thought. A good looking woman in her younger years and a handsome young man.

Coming from an overweight old man who thinks he''s a babe magnet and calls his car the fanny wagon this borders on the disgusting.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Til1010 posted I think it is a lovely thought. A good looking woman in her younger years and a handsome young man. Coming from an overweight old man who thinks he''s a babe magnet and calls his car the fanny wagon this borders on the disgusting.[/quote]

It''s called a pussy wagon so get it right there''s a good chap.

Interesting theory from the OP. Had wondered myself why it ended this way. Although Lennon was my first choice, Malky has at least managerial experience in more than 1league. Adams does strike me as a panic appointment. Here''s hoping it doesn''t bite us on the ar$e next May.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Til1010 posted I think it is a lovely thought. A good looking woman in her younger years and a handsome young man. Coming from an overweight old man who thinks he''s a babe magnet and calls his car the fanny wagon this borders on the disgusting.[/quote]

That is disgusting.

The problem for the Board is clearly no matter what McNally says Adams was not first choice otherwise all the delay and talk by board on radio Norfolk does not add up.

The most important appointment in a club is the manager, ask clubs like Man Utd, Southampton and Crystal Palace.

Get that right and the rest is easy as we proved with Lambert for those glory years.

I am often therefore amazed how the managers seem to be cheap in comparison to players.

Like many on here consider Adams huge risk given we all know need to bounce back within next two years really, and surprised McNally could not find another Lambert from lower leagues.

Personally would have liked Lennon as think he is desperate to prove himself in England, but Malky would seem to have track record for job in hand as well as club link.

For whatever reason European signings rarely work well here do not know why but any success is exception not rule so surprised McNally trawled Europe.

Adams needs to be ruthless in getting squad sorted out and getting players with skill and hunger for another battle to go up