Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Wes happy to stay

When Adams was appointed he said Wes is the kiind of player who can win you games. As Wes is happy to stay,best you let him help you win some games Mr Adams.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]When Adams was appointed he said Wes is the kiind of player who can win you games. As Wes is happy to stay,best you let him help you win some games Mr Adams.
[/quote]

Is he?

“I don’t know yet. I have a year left on my contract,” said Hoolahan.

“At the moment I am (staying). It’s just great to get on the pitch and

show what I can do. I didn’t play a lot this season. I’m buzzing to get

out there and play more games.

Would love to see a commited Wes, Pilks, Becchio think they would be very very good in the championship. Barring his injuries Pilks has been a very good signing and certainly under Lambert showed what a goal threat he can also be. A winger whos comftable on both sides is always a bonus. If we are to lose Snodgrass i would be more than happy to go with Redmond, Bennett, Pilks & Murphy on the wings.

I am very doubtful whether he wants to stay, and I personally, after what happened over the Villa thing, WANT HIM TO GO.........regardless of how talented he is.

Villa episode should be irrelevant now. New manager, slated wiped clean, new season, different league. Wes is a great asset. If Villa want him they''ll have to pay alot for him.

[quote user="Mellow yellow 4 ever"]Wiz, you are usless at doing what you say you''ll do. Shame thhe original wizard is no longer posting.
[/quote]

How would you know?

I''m still the original Hex casting wizard from 2003 .

Wes is 32 and needs to try and secure at least a 2 year contract to see his footballing career out, it will not be from us. Cash in now whilst he still has some value in the transfer market, however low that is and let him try and have his last footballing hurrah somewhere else.

The problem for Wes is that I think he performs better in teams on the front foot. They can afford to have 2 men up front and him, or one guy and two advanced wingers. Down the bottom end of the table, it''s hard to accommodate him and keep that defensive solidarity. He''d be ideal for us next season exploiting the stubborn defences of Rotherham and co.

There is absolutely nothing in the quote that says he wants to stay. He is buzzing to play in the R. Of Ireland games and he is contracted to the club are all I get from it. Personally I don''t see the point in keeping him. We wont play 451 in the championship so we dont need a number 10 and we have too many talented wingers to play the diamond. Wes is a fantastic option off the bench, but I think he deserves better. Sure, his actions this year were pretty awful, but he has been a great servant to the club and deserves the opportunity to play week in week out. He isn''t in our best XI, so he won''t get that here.

Sell the poison dwarf.How on earth can he even be forgiven for not celebrating his goal vs Villa??I dont care if hes Lionel Messi, get shot of him.

Wiz, just you look at what you posted after NA was appointed. Your age is catching up with you. Memory loss................terrible.

The Pink ''Un article suggests he will stay if the club won''t sell him because he''s got no say in the matter contractually. I would get shot of him as I don''t believe he has any commitment to the club anymore.

all the players will say, and mean , they are happy to stay, they all had contracts they agreed to after all.

but what they really mean is "I am happy to stay" unless my agent is able to get a better deal for me elsewhere.

words are wind

Time to move on.

Won''t really give us enough of what we need next year and not worth a contract for anything longer.

We need pace, strength and goals.