Sign in to follow this  
Newton

New Signings

Lets drop all the negativity & look forward

I think we should be looking at signings like this one, attacting the interests of bottom end Prem & top champ clubs like us, we dont want to fill our team with jouney men looking for the last big pay cheque

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-fulham-cardiff-monitoring-osasuna-midfielder/?

Defensive midfielder Loe, 25, is keen on leaving Spanish Osasuna side this summer following their  from relegation from La Liga

Cameroon international Loe, whoes contract expires next year, is reported to be available for around £1.6 million.

West Ham were reportedly close to signing Loe in January only to pull out of the deal & sign Antonio Nocerino instead.

The 6ft 4in defensive midfielder, has been likened to Patrick Vieira.

This guy looks like a big upgrade on Bradley J

We need players who will get us up & then be able to perform well in the Prem

Its hard to say what we need until we know whos going really. We are definatly going to see a few comings and goings but realistically it would be nice to see the majority of this squad stay together. Obviously we will see the end of RVW, Bassong, Fer but will be nice to see a team built round Olsson, Howson, Redmond & Hooper etc

I really hope Fer stays, he is a class act. I remember when he came on at 2-0 down away at Watford and completely changed the game for us to win 3-2. That pass for Hooper to win the game was superb.

I''m sure Bassong signed a new four year deal last summer and based on performances last season, I can''t imagine there''ll be much of a queue unfortunately.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I don''t think RvW and Fer leaving are such foregone conclusions to be honest.[/quote]

RvW is going, no doubt in my mind.

In recent interviews and press conferences McNally, Bowkett and Adams have all had little (indirect) digs at him. McNally said he went from a goal a game to a goal a season striker and it ''wasn''t good enough''. Bowkett and Adams both said lack of goals was the reason Norwich were relegated and that new ''better'' players would be brought in to replace existing ones.

I can''t see how RvW can possibly stay after these comments - a loan move to Germany or Holland will be sorted out and he''ll never play for Norwich again. Fer will want out as well, he''s not in England to play in the Championship and he put in enough decent performances last season to tempt a Stoke/Newcastle/West Ham/Crystal Palace to part with £5m - £7m for him.

It wouldnt suprise me if QPR came in for a couple of our players. Although to us they are a s-hitty little tin pot outfit. They are London based, they are premier league and are well known for paying wages well over the odds. 3 things that could attract a Leroy Fer to QPR.

Bethnal, I understand that, but if we''re in no pressure to sell, why do we have to sit back and take £5m for Fer? If we got offered double that, i''d understand, but I don''t actually think it''s up to him unless he deliberately starts playing bad. He doesn''t seem the type to mess us around like that though. Look at the £15m quoted for Marshall and the knowledge that we know all the premiership teams are going to be filthy rich this season. For a guy who has proven he''s perfectly at home in most premiership midfields, we''re massively selling ourselves short if we accept £5m-£7m

As for RvW, (i presume you mean the ''dodgy summer dealings'' and ''no strikers'' comments) if he goes, we should just sell him, what is a loan going to do really? It''ll just drive his price down further with another year of his contract gone and who''s actually going to be that interested? Maybe he''ll be like our Torres and we might be priced out of getting rid of him, so we have to make best use of him.

It wouldnt suprise me if QPR came in for a couple of our players. Although to us they are a s-hitty little tin pot outfit. They are London based, they are premier league and are well known for paying wages well over the odds. 3 things that could attract a Leroy Fer to QPR.

Or Leicester, who are supposedly spending £180m the next three seasons. They can have him if they are prepared to pay £15m to avoid the gamble of going abroad for unproven talent. If Fer was that upset, do you think he''d risk sitting in our reserves for another 3 years while he ran down his contract? It''d destroy his career. I think more players than you all think will end up staying at least until January. The Championship has had far ''bigger names'' there recently.

[quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]I really hope Fer stays, he is a class act. I remember when he came on at 2-0 down away at Watford and completely changed the game for us to win 3-2. That pass for Hooper to win the game was superb.[/quote]

I do think Fer is a good player but it''s a bit amusing that the Watford pass is the first example people use as an example of his quality.

He''s often been described as being the most talented player we''ve got etc etc yet in a season of football it seems his standout highlight was a through ball in extra time in a league cup game against a tired defence from the league below.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Bethnal, I understand that, but if we''re in no pressure to sell, why do we have to sit back and take £5m for Fer? If we got offered double that, i''d understand, but I don''t actually think it''s up to him unless he deliberately starts playing bad. He doesn''t seem the type to mess us around like that though. Look at the £15m quoted for Marshall and the knowledge that we know all the premiership teams are going to be filthy rich this season. For a guy who has proven he''s perfectly at home in most premiership midfields, we''re massively selling ourselves short if we accept £5m-£7m As for RvW, (i presume you mean the ''dodgy summer dealings'' and ''no strikers'' comments) if he goes, we should just sell him, what is a loan going to do really? It''ll just drive his price down further with another year of his contract gone and who''s actually going to be that interested? Maybe he''ll be like our Torres and we might be priced out of getting rid of him, so we have to make best use of him.[/quote]

The club keep mentioning things about only keeping players who want to be here, I imagine Fer will make it perfectly clear he doesn''t want to be here and although won''t play poorly on purpose, will make it fairly obvious he isn''t up for the battle and would rather be elsewhere. His agent will be chatting up everyone around and pushing the deal, Fer might even accept forgoing his ''loyalty bonus'' if we let him leave. No one is going to pay £10m for him, and Norwich won''t want him on the books if he''s pushing for a move.

As for RvW, Norwich would obviously like to sell him, but no one in England is going to buy him - outside the Premier League there is very little cash going around and clubs just won''t want to take the gamble on him. Norwich could probably secure a decent loan fee, prehaps £1m up front the other team will cover his wages. If he does well then Norwich might be able to recover a larger chunk of his transfer fee.

Another reason why I think these two will certainly be off is Norwich can use them to ''purge'' the bad feeling from last season. Get them out and blame everything on Hughton''s bad transfer dealings - which they are pushing heavily now. It''s ridiculous to believe that the Norwich board would come out and blame everything on making poor transfers, and then keep those players. Like Michael Theoklitis, these players will be used as the sacrificial lambs (wolf?) and cast aside, why other players whom were just as culpable in Norwich''s relegation are repented.

As an aside, ignore the £15m for Marshall rumours, they are obviously completely overblown figures and many miles wide of the truth.

[quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]I really hope Fer stays, he is a class act. I remember when he came on at 2-0 down away at Watford and completely changed the game for us to win 3-2. That pass for Hooper to win the game was superb.[/quote]

That was one game Brentwood for the most part I think he has failed to deliver and certainly has not risen to the heights we expected of him at the beginning of the season - for the times I have seen him he has ambled around certainly not standing out amongst anyone else in the team

Can only agree that the club comments about rvw suggest he won''t be back. I do think that is a shame

I do think there is a bit of convenient scapegoating with that view, rvw is rightly criticised for his season but none of the strikers nor the creatives should be excused a truly awful attacking season, we were as poor and sometimes worse when rvw was not on the pitch.

We can only wait and see but I can see the quality footballers being thrown.out with the managerial dishwater and leaving ourselves with mediocrity even by champs level

[quote user="GJP"]

I do think Fer is a good player but it''s a bit amusing that the Watford pass is the first example people use as an example of his quality.

He''s often been described as being the most talented player we''ve got etc etc yet in a season of football it seems his standout highlight was a through ball in extra time in a league cup game against a tired defence from the league below.

[/quote]

It wasn''t just the pass, it was the way he took that game by the reins. There have been other good games but seeing as we are now going to be playing teams of Watfords standard, it''s only natural to hold that game up as an example.

I don''t know how long the contracts of Fer and RvW are, but I imagine three years, so while either or both could have a lower value in twelve months they can''t walk away.

It''s another matter if either really does not want to play. Any club which wants them would have to stump up, but in the end we surely would not want an unhappy player.

Neither played a game under Adams last season, but perhaps he can get them tom raise their game.