Sign in to follow this  
St Georgey

Bowkett

He is in a hole & desperate to get out of it, his comments in the EDP about the Hull game and the new Norwich way just proves how inept the Board were last season

He said

''for example in the Premier League, you go to Hull and play for 64 minutes against 10 men, and you wouldn''t know how to open a can of tuna, let alone their defense. And that is not tolerable.''

Why did it take the board 8 months to realize this, we all new last August ?

Agreed. After the disastrous decision not to change manager last season, the false deadline to appoint a new one has left us with an internal appointment as the board panicked. And with it a lost opportunity to progress back to the PL.

St Georgey

" the bottom line is that our Board don''t want to pay for them" .........more experienced managers...

Where do you get this information from St Georgey, from reading your posts you clearly have a low opinion of the Board, but you cant be allowed to get away with making this sort of stuff up.

Why would we not be prepared to pay for the right man? There is no logic to your argument unless you genuinely believe that the board doesn''t want the best man to fit their vision for our club.

When a club appoints a manager it is a two way process and both parties have to be happy, there were obviously good reasons why Neil was selected and good reasons why the other candidates didnt fit the bill, but to say the decision was based on taking the cheap option really is insulting.

Alan Bowkett has been a prominent businessman in England for over 35 years. In 1987, Bowkett undertook, oversaw, and led his first private equity deal. Bowkett is known for his wide range of knowledge in multiple industries, for he has been in leadership positions for many different companies in varied industries. Bowkett is regarded as a business leader whom conceives visions and then implements working strategies that have been extremely successful for a plethra of companies. Bowkett is current the chairman of: Inter Alia, Avio SpA, and Strix Ltd; the latter of which is an electronic controls company from China while Avio SpA is an Italian Aerospace company.

This is wikipedia''s description of our chairman.

Clearly, he is a man who makes major decisions involving shareholders, employees and suppliers.

So I think posters who seem to make their decisions based on their own particular fancies, ought to acknowledge that the people in charge at NCFC would seem qualified to make major decisions but have to factor in the supporters, the current squad and the future development of the club not just an immediate return to the Prem.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Alan Bowkett has been a prominent businessman in England for over 35 years. In 1987, Bowkett undertook, oversaw, and led his first private equity deal. Bowkett is known for his wide range of knowledge in multiple industries, for he has been in leadership positions for many different companies in varied industries. Bowkett is regarded as a business leader whom conceives visions and then implements working strategies that have been extremely successful for a plethra of companies. Bowkett is current the chairman of: Inter Alia, Avio SpA, and Strix Ltd; the latter of which is an electronic controls company from China while Avio SpA is an Italian Aerospace company. This is wikipedia''s description of our chairman. Clearly, he is a man who makes major decisions involving shareholders, employees and suppliers. So I think posters who seem to make their decisions based on their own particular fancies, ought to acknowledge that the people in charge at NCFC would seem qualified to make major decisions but have to factor in the supporters, the current squad and the future development of the club not just an immediate return to the Prem.[/quote]

Yeah a pretty impressive business acumen......But, can he trap a football - and what''s his record at keepy uppies?

[quote user="cornish sam"]Mello yello, be careful what you wish for, just one name, Michael knighton. Look him up...[/quote]

I remember Knighton the Charlatan very well..... 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Alan Bowkett has been a prominent businessman in England for over 35 years. In 1987, Bowkett undertook, oversaw, and led his first private equity deal. Bowkett is known for his wide range of knowledge in multiple industries, for he has been in leadership positions for many different companies in varied industries. Bowkett is regarded as a business leader whom conceives visions and then implements working strategies that have been extremely successful for a plethra of companies. Bowkett is current the chairman of: Inter Alia, Avio SpA, and Strix Ltd; the latter of which is an electronic controls company from China while Avio SpA is an Italian Aerospace company. This is wikipedia''s description of our chairman. Clearly, he is a man who makes major decisions involving shareholders, employees and suppliers. So I think posters who seem to make their decisions based on their own particular fancies, ought to acknowledge that the people in charge at NCFC would seem qualified to make major decisions but have to factor in the supporters, the current squad and the future development of the club not just an immediate return to the Prem.[/quote]

Yeah a pretty impressive business acumen......But, can he trap a football - and what''s his record at keepy uppies?

[/quote]

Admittedly he couldn''t keepusuppie last season!

He is working hard on his game though. Bradders is teaching him how to trap a ball!

We have amateurs running , and managing the club , we will not challenge for promotion next season or for many seasons to come .Oh to have the Robert Chase days back when Norwich were a respected club and not the cringeworthy laughing stock that a certain cook has turned us into today .We scoured Europe for a new manager , they really do think the supporters are mugs to be ripped off , they knew Hughton was useless all season and did nothing untill 5 games from the end of the season when they put operation cheap yes man for next season into operation . Untill they all go we will always be Little cheap old Norwich City .

[quote user="Jenkins"]St Georgey

" the bottom line is that our Board don''t want to pay for them" .........more experienced managers...

Where do you get this information from St Georgey, from reading your posts you clearly have a low opinion of the Board, but you cant be allowed to get away with making this sort of stuff up.

Why would we not be prepared to pay for the right man? There is no logic to your argument unless you genuinely believe that the board doesn''t want the best man to fit their vision for our club.

When a club appoints a manager it is a two way process and both parties have to be happy, there were obviously good reasons why Neil was selected and good reasons why the other candidates didnt fit the bill, but to say the decision was based on taking the cheap option really is insulting.[/quote]

Jenkins, like many people on here, I claim to have a club source. Like every other poster who claims such things I''m sure no one will believe that. I can''t name that person but he works in a position where he has access to most information. The job requires him to know such things.

What I can say in response to what you''ve written is that McNally wanted Malky. He was very impressed by him.

The Board, however, and I only know this as a collective rather than individuals, were not willing to pay Malky what he wanted - which was a higher wage than Hughton was on in the Prem. Malky would not budge on that wage, so the Board decided he wasn''t the man for the job. Instead they gave it to Adams.

Perhaps they felt Malky wasn''t worth the money. Perhaps they didn''t like his attitude in not being willing to negotiate.

But it certainly gives me the impression that they weren''t willing to pay and did it on the cheap. But, as I''ve said, perhaps they didn''t feel Malky was worth the money.

"Jenkins, like many people on here, I claim to have a club source. Like every other poster who claims such things I''m sure no one will believe that. I can''t name that person but he works in a position where he has access to most information. The job requires him to know such things."

How much did they get Neil for and how much did Malky want St Georgey?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="cornish sam"]Mello yello, be careful what you wish for, just one name, Michael knighton. Look him up...[/quote]

I remember Knighton the Charlatan very well..... 

[/quote]

Are you familiar with the spiral he entered into with Carlisle? He basically installed puppet managers and when they failed he made himself manager, at one point he even went to the local paper claiming he''d been abducted by aliens (it was that sort of thing that I was suggesting you might need to look up)

[quote user="Jenkins"]"Jenkins, like many people on here, I claim to have a club source. Like every other poster who claims such things I''m sure no one will believe that. I can''t name that person but he works in a position where he has access to most information. The job requires him to know such things."

How much did they get Neil for and how much did Malky want St Georgey?[/quote]

I honestly don''t know. All I know is Malky wanted a higher wage than Hughton was on in the Prem. The Board weren''t willing to pay it. Despite McNally thinking they should.

Adams was the cheaper option by some distance. But I don''t know figures.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Well we will expect to see McNally walk very shortly then![/quote]

I''m not so sure he will. He probably also rates Adams. Perhaps not as highly as Malky, but I''m sure he''s still happy enough with the appointment. And if it doesn''t work out then at least internally he can say it was the board''s decision.

He''s probably more concerned about getting the right person in place for that technical post. I''m sure that will take some work off his plate. To a degree.

I''ve been told that''s an internal number too.

A chap called Ricky Martin is expected to get it.

He will be if we''re talking that Vida La Voca bloke.

But if we''re talking about the guy already employed by the club then perhaps not.

I hate it when you are not sure whether you are getting the true story. At least with the Chairman, all doubt is removed, we can work out how events unfolded and his version leaves us in no doubt whatsoever.

Much was said about Hughton never having a Plan B. Well it is now obvious that McNally and the Chairman don''t have one either. In an interview in the Spring, when questioned about replacing Hughton, McNally said that he kept a close eye on alternative managers and their availability, at all times, because one never knows when you''ll need a replacement.

In an earlier post I used the word cheapskates in reference to the club and the appointment of Adams and I still think there is a strong element of this in the appointment. Allied to this, I think also that there is a fair degree of panic involved. The panic was the result of two deadlines being set and not met, whilst at the same time media and certain supporters were highlighting the overshoot and relating it to incompetence.

In the radio phone-in last Monday, McNally pretty much let the cat out that Adams would not be getting the job but stated they wished to find a role for him somewhere in the structure. And then there they sit 4/5 days later, giving it the one that Adams was always top of their list because he ticked all the boxes.

As other contributors have said, whoever was appointed would have displeased a proportion of supporters. However, I don''t think any name would get a negative reaction in such numbers as this.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I hate it when you are not sure whether you are getting the true story. At least with the Chairman, all doubt is removed, we can work out how events unfolded and his version leaves us in no doubt whatsoever. Much was said about Hughton never having a Plan B. Well it is now obvious that McNally and the Chairman don''t have one either. In an interview in the Spring, when questioned about replacing Hughton, McNally said that he kept a close eye on alternative managers and their availability, at all times, because one never knows when you''ll need a replacement. In an earlier post I used the word cheapskates in reference to the club and the appointment of Adams and I still think there is a strong element of this in the appointment. Allied to this, I think also that there is a fair degree of panic involved. The panic was the result of two deadlines being set and not met, whilst at the same time media and certain supporters were highlighting the overshoot and relating it to incompetence. In the radio phone-in last Monday, McNally pretty much let the cat out that Adams would not be getting the job but stated they wished to find a role for him somewhere in the structure. And then there they sit 4/5 days later, giving it the one that Adams was always top of their list because he ticked all the boxes. As other contributors have said, whoever was appointed would have displeased a proportion of supporters. However, I don''t think any name would get a negative reaction in such numbers as this.[/quote]

There wasn''t a any deadlines set.

No-one said that Adams was top of their list.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I hate it when you are not sure whether you are getting the true story. At least with the Chairman, all doubt is removed, we can work out how events unfolded and his version leaves us in no doubt whatsoever.

Much was said about Hughton never having a Plan B. Well it is now obvious that McNally and the Chairman don''t have one either. In an interview in the Spring, when questioned about replacing Hughton, McNally said that he kept a close eye on alternative managers and their availability, at all times, because one never knows when you''ll need a replacement.

In an earlier post I used the word cheapskates in reference to the club and the appointment of Adams and I still think there is a strong element of this in the appointment. Allied to this, I think also that there is a fair degree of panic involved. The panic was the result of two deadlines being set and not met, whilst at the same time media and certain supporters were highlighting the overshoot and relating it to incompetence.

In the radio phone-in last Monday, McNally pretty much let the cat out that Adams would not be getting the job but stated they wished to find a role for him somewhere in the structure. And then there they sit 4/5 days later, giving it the one that Adams was always top of their list because he ticked all the boxes.

As other contributors have said, whoever was appointed would have displeased a proportion of supporters. However, I don''t think any name would get a negative reaction in such numbers as this.[/quote]Frankly, the idea that anyone could believe that anyone would be considering a few quid either way on someone''s contract with multi-million pounds at stakes for success and failure is laughable. It sounds like the sort of thing a child would say having a tantrum at its parents.

Not sure where the OP gets all his hyperbole from, apart from a dodgy source but it is all very wearing. I, like many on here, was surpised that Adams go the job and maybe a little disappointed. However, I would have also been disappointed with McKay so why anyone can get so uptight about a manager with one promotion and one sacking bemuses me - unless it a so called Norwich connection. Lennon, Zola and Hoddle hardly set the pulse racing either. For whatever reason the job just isn''t that attrcactive and for that reason alone it is not inconceivable that Adams was the best candidate (in Europe).

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I hate it when you are not sure whether you are getting the true story. At least with the Chairman, all doubt is removed, we can work out how events unfolded and his version leaves us in no doubt whatsoever. Much was said about Hughton never having a Plan B. Well it is now obvious that McNally and the Chairman don''t have one either. In an interview in the Spring, when questioned about replacing Hughton, McNally said that he kept a close eye on alternative managers and their availability, at all times, because one never knows when you''ll need a replacement. In an earlier post I used the word cheapskates in reference to the club and the appointment of Adams and I still think there is a strong element of this in the appointment. Allied to this, I think also that there is a fair degree of panic involved. The panic was the result of two deadlines being set and not met, whilst at the same time media and certain supporters were highlighting the overshoot and relating it to incompetence. In the radio phone-in last Monday, McNally pretty much let the cat out that Adams would not be getting the job but stated they wished to find a role for him somewhere in the structure. And then there they sit 4/5 days later, giving it the one that Adams was always top of their list because he ticked all the boxes. As other contributors have said, whoever was appointed would have displeased a proportion of supporters. However, I don''t think any name would get a negative reaction in such numbers as this.[/quote]

[/quote]

You are rather splitting hairs TC. Maybe not deadlines but certainly stating times by which an announcement would be made. Statements which caused press and supporters to ask questions on why no announcement.

Adams not top of their list? Well he was the only one to tick all the boxes and was the "unanimous" choice of the board.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="danielsroundabout"]I hate it when you are not sure whether you are getting the true story. At least with the Chairman, all doubt is removed, we can work out how events unfolded and his version leaves us in no doubt whatsoever.

As other contributors have said, whoever was appointed would have displeased a proportion of supporters. However, I don''t think any name would get a negative reaction in such numbers as this.[/quote]Frankly, the idea that anyone could believe that anyone would be considering a few quid either way on someone''s contract with multi-million pounds at stakes for success and failure is laughable. It sounds like the sort of thing a child would say having a tantrum at its parents.

[/quote]

No, littleyellowbirdie, on reflection I can''t think such a vital decision would be down to saving a few £100k''s on the manager. But accepting that, to what do you attribute such an appalling choice.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote] You are rather splitting hairs TC. Maybe not deadlines but certainly stating times by which an announcement would be made. Statements which caused press and supporters to ask questions on why no announcement. Adams not top of their list? Well he was the only one to tick all the boxes and was the "unanimous" choice of the board.[/quote]

I''m not splitting hairs, they said "in a few days" that''s not a definitive answer, if you want to put your own interpretation on that it''s up to you.

At the press conference they said Adams was the first candidate to be "offered" the job, they didn''t say he was top of their list, the statement said Adams has “the full and unanimous support of the board”, no mention of "unanimous choice" like you said, I can''t find any quotes about "tick all the boxes" which you''ve also stated.

Bowkett said about building a side to win something and compete in europe...completely the opposite to what he said he wanted earlier in the year.. what''s it to be Alan? and dont drone or i might nod off!